Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

If you missed it, do yourself a favour and catch a replay of 360 from tonight with Ikin talking about what he would do if he was CEO of the Broncos.
- Figure our the cap, how it got in that position and make sure it doesnā€™t happen again.
- Bring in a coaching staff and culture in/around the club.
- Hold people accountable
- Go HARD after Cam Smith for 2021.
Youā€™ve got the job sir..Now, start tomorrow.
He is our man.

If you missed it, do yourself a favour and catch a replay of 360 from tonight with Ikin talking about what he would do if he was CEO of the Broncos.
- Figure our the cap, how it got in that position and make sure it doesnā€™t happen again.
He is our man.

I was already on his bandwagon but that was succinct and nailed every issue and how to address it.

He is our man.

love it,ā€do broncos rebuild?ā€œ, ā€œno, it was the goal to get top 4 this year and it will be the same next yearā€

ā€it will be good coaching and a good culture That will get the immediate results rather than the silver bullet recruitā€

Even the way he worded it was so diplomatic yet firm that he will make changes, feels exciting

But a goal for top 4 is not what we should be aiming for is it? When you think about it everyone's goal is to see us lift the trophy on GF day. Anything less is just not acceptable.

But a goal for top 4 is not what we should be aiming for is it? When you think about it everyone's goal is to see us lift the trophy on GF day. Anything less is just not acceptable.

historically to win the GF you have to be in the top 4, think that is what they imply when they list that as the goal

Love how I got laughed out of this forum for suggesting that we sign Jamal Fogarty on a small contract while we wait for a decent half to become available.

The Croft signing was horrendous.

We could have had

6. Milford
7. Fogarty

Heā€™s done wonders for Ash Taylor at 6.

2021 backrow?

11. Ethan Bullemor
12. Corey Oates
13. Patrick Carrigan

I wouldnā€™t mind a couple of experienced Queenslanders to come in cheap. Get some value out of Aidan Guerra and Ethan Lowe.

11. Aidan Guerra
12. Ethan Lowe
13. Patrick Carrigan

Last edited:
2021 backrow?

11. Ethan Bullemor
12. Corey Oates
13. Patrick Carrigan

I wouldnā€™t mind a couple of experienced Queenslanders to come in cheap. Get some value out of Aidan Guerra and Ethan Lowe.

11. Aidan Guerra
12. Ethan Lowe
13. Patrick Carrigan

Alex Glenn still has another year, he'll go around again, should be fresh after barely playing this year.

At this stage, assuming Lodge actually loses some weight and gets back to his old self over the off-season, this is still relatively locked in for Round 1 2021:

8. Lodge
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. ?
13. Carrigan

The big question mark is the right edge, do we try and blood someone like Bullemor, Riki, Palasia or Piakura.. or do we go shopping?

If we're after someone who may not be starting for their club next season who are young and talented, I'd be putting in a call to the managers of Niukore and Talakai. They're both very good footy players.

Once we've offloaded Kahu, Boyd, Macca (hopefully), TPJ, Fifita, hopefully soon Bird too... we must have some absolutely serious bank at our disposal surely?

Love how I got laughed out of this forum for suggesting that we sign Jamal Fogarty on a small contract while we wait for a decent half to become available.

We could have had

6. Milford
7. Fogarty

Yeah, about as funny as crowing after such a small sample size.

Ikin is setting himself a goal that he is very unlikely to achieve by saying heā€™s going hard after Smith. Not a great idea to set yourself up for an early failure.

We could have had

6. Milford
7. Fogarty

I laughed because you had never seen him play and you just noticed he won an award.

Ikin is setting himself a goal that he is very unlikely to achieve by saying heā€™s going hard after Smith. Not a great idea to set yourself up for an early failure.

they asked him about their chances of doing that and even he admitted itā€™s near impossible but worth a try because he fixes so many issues in one hit

they asked him about their chances of doing that and even he admitted itā€™s near impossible but worth a try because he fixes so many issues in one hit
Ah ok I didnā€™t see the segment. Thanks.

He also said better coaching and culture will be the real fix, not a ā€˜silver bullet recruitā€™. So Smith is only a potential part of the plan. Not the foundation of it.

Ah ok I didnā€™t see the segment. Thanks.

Do yourself a favour and watch it, the context of everything he said and explained was VERY impressive. Don't just take parts and make a decision on that.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • azza.79
  • Santa
  • Lurker
  • Ozired
  • ChewThePhatt
  • leon.bott
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Xzei
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.