Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

Bahaha , Widdop elite??? 31 years old and coming off shoulder recons. **** me dead, that will do me.
He also wants to come back to Aus to be close to his kids in Sydney. I don’t think Brisbane would be an option for him.

Bahaha , Widdop elite??? 31 years old and coming off shoulder recons. **** me dead, that will do me.
I did say 'fairly' elite, and honestly, in the context of the top play makers left in the NRL today, particularly the ones that are available, I think that's a fair summation of his ability.

Last edited:
I did say 'fairly' elite, and honestly, in the context of the top play makers left in the NRL today, particularly the ones that are available, I think that's a fair summation of his ability.
Fair enough. I think Milf still has a lot to offer. We just need to find the answer. Kevvie and Green both being halves are probably our best chance. We have him anyway so , personally, I wouldn't like to see us push him out for Widdop. I can't see the upside.

Conveniently you only use the last 3 years of his Cowboys tenure.
Cmon, I could leave out 92 93 97 98 00 06 and 10 and argue Wayne is a shit coach with that logic.
He didnt exactly walk out either.

Axed because he couldn't get his team back into the finals after his first few years. He's a coach that can't maintain success. Axed.

Hard pass on a coach that misses finals 3 years in a row.

Axed because he couldn't get his team back into the finals after his first few years. He's a coach that can't maintain success. Axed.

Hard pass on a coach that misses finals 3 years in a row.
So, we agree, he didn't walk out. Ta

Yeah, getting axed is actually worse. :S

You suck so much...we're going to kick you out of your job MID SEASON.
At least that's accurate . He was stinking it up at the Cows in recent years, I never said he wasn't.

Yeah, getting axed is actually worse. :S

You suck so much...we're going to kick you out of your job MID SEASON.

I don't think there are many who would mind if our club did the same thing though, in fact most would welcome it.

Ben Ikin has officially applied for the Brisbane Broncos CEO role, as confirmed by himself this morning.

"If you don't believe he can solve the problems, then the tough call needs to be made"
Ben Ikin on Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold

Should Ikin's application land him the job at Red Hill he said he would confront Seibold's future and the endless conjecture around it head on.
"I can't answer that today," Ikin said when asked about Seibold's job security.
But you would have to know that there are tough conversations that would need to be had."

Last edited:
"I'd have to get my eyes on what is going on in the business. But the core business of a rugby league club is rugby league. The Broncos have got a lot right (off the field) but, at the moment, the core business isn't firing. Whoever gets the job, one of their first priorities is to get in there and get that football program firing again."
See, this bloke gets it. It’s not just about $ for shareholders. This is Ikin from the same article when asked what was the first thing he’d do.

we need to push out Milf and Croft then throw big money at Widdop to play 6.
Hire a few reliable players such as Opacic and some players who’ll add to our forward pack.
Widdop is about 90 years old.

Milf will be 6 next year with the incoming Walters appointment

2022 is our window; im not a fan of seeing us dilute that potential war chest we " can" have by fritting away cap space for journeymen who seek only 1 last big pay day

2022 is our window; im not a fan of seeing us dilute that potential war chest we " can" have by fritting away cap space for journeymen who seek only 1 last big pay day

Yeah that C.Smith bloke, deadset journeyman (I jest)

Ben Ikin has officially applied for the Brisbane Broncos CEO role, as confirmed by himself this morning.

"If you don't believe he can solve the problems, then the tough call needs to be made"
Ben Ikin on Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold

Should Ikin's application land him the job at Red Hill he said he would confront Seibold's future and the endless conjecture around it head on.
"I can't answer that today," Ikin said when asked about Seibold's job security.
But you would have to know that there are tough conversations that would need to be had."
This is the selection criteria for those interested.
Untitled

See, this bloke gets it. It’s not just about $ for shareholders. This is Ikin from the same article when asked what was the first thing he’d do.

I know someone that's going to have a problem with his point of view.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • mystico
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • rnabokov
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.