Who are the most overrated players out the the current Broncos squad?

Big things ahead for Milford. Behind the forward pack we have and Croft leading the team around the park all Milford has to worry about is being where the ball is and be ready for an offload. He has enough smarts to be make the right option close the line and is more than capable to make a clearing kick if Croft is tackled on the 5th. If all he has to concentrate on is following the ball and putting up towering bombs he is going to rip opposition defenses apart.

Big things ahead for Milford. Behind the forward pack we have and Croft leading the team around the park all Milford has to worry about is being where the ball is and be ready for an offload. He has enough smarts to be make the right option close the line and is more than capable to make a clearing kick if Croft is tackled on the 5th. If all he has to concentrate on is following the ball and putting up towering bombs he is going to rip opposition defenses apart.
God I hope so. Realistically, if he can't excel behind this Forward Pack, some major questions need to be asked.

Yeah, I'm on this wagon as well.

People keep banding on about how he should perform according to the money he makes, but forget that what was asked of him in the Bennett years, was akin to demand from an architect to be an expert civil engineer, because if you earn top dollar designing structures, you should be able to engineer them as well...

Salary obviously isn't the only determining factor. To suggest it is would be illogical.

That's actually a fair point, every established half is on an over-inflated salary. If you want a world class talent you have to be prepared to open up the purse strings.

Otherwise you're rolling the dice on failed experiments and young prospects. Sure, you may hit every now and then, but what happens when the contract expires? You either have to pay them in-line to other halves in the competition, or you just keep relying on young prospects who are eventually going to fail on you.

Staggs was never on the radar to play first grade? When he was 15 And winning Wellington first grade titles in group 11 every club in the NRL was sniffing around Wellington trying to get him and it was a huge get when Brisbane signed him. Was always only a matter of when and not if when it came to him in first grade.

He was 16 when he played first grade in group 11 and Wellington didn't win anything besides an under 18s title in his final year at the club.

Yeah, I'm on this wagon as well.

People keep banding on about how he should perform according to the money he makes, but forget that what was asked of him in the Bennett years, was akin to demand from an architect to be an expert civil engineer, because if you earn top dollar designing structures, you should be able to engineer them as well...

I think Milford bought a lot of that onto his own though. When he signed his contract he said he wanted to be the man of the team and didn't want to play second fiddle to no one. And when you sign a contract for a mill a year, your pretty much expected to run the team whether it be from 6 or 7. All million dollar halves must have this in their game or they simply are just not worth the price tag. Its easy to look good with a halfback of equal stature with you but the special ones carry halves off their own back (ie Johns, Lockyer, Maloney, DCE, Thurston, Cronk)

I think Milford bought a lot of that onto his own though. When he signed his contract he said he wanted to be the man of the team and didn't want to play second fiddle to no one. And when you sign a contract for a mill a year, your pretty much expected to run the team whether it be from 6 or 7. All million dollar halves must have this in their game or they simply are just not worth the price tag. Its easy to look good with a halfback of equal stature with you but the special ones carry halves off their own back (ie Johns, Lockyer, Maloney, DCE, Thurston, Cronk)
That bold sentence right there is exactly the issue. The million dollar price tag is not because he has to be able to run the team, but because of his talent and ability to break a game and do things very few players can.

Locky, Thurston and Johns are on a different level and would command twice the amount any other player earns today.
DCE, Cronk or Maloney, while excellent organisers with a mint kicking game, don't have the running or evasiveness that Milford has. They're different player types who do have the tools to run a team.

As to what he said, it's of little value because it's up to the coach to play him to the best of his abilities, not according to what he thinks he should be doing. Besides, we don't know whether that is what he actually thought, or what he was told to say... and Milford doesn't exactly strike me as the brightest bulb, which is another reason why he isn't the person you want running a team.

Last edited:
That bold sentence right there is exactly the issue. The million dollar price tag is not because he has to be able to run the team, but because of his talent and ability to break a game and do things very few players can.

Locky, Thurston and Johns are on a different level and would command twice the amount any other player earns today.
DCE, Cronk or Maloney, while excellent organisers with a mint kicking game, don't have the running or evasiveness that Milford has. They're different player types who do have the tools to run a team.

As to what he said, it's of little value because it's up to the coach to play him to the best of his abilities, not according to what he thinks he should be doing. Besides, we don't know whether that is what he actually thought, or what he was told to say... and Milford doesn't exactly strike me as the brightest bulb, which is another reason why he isn't the person you want running a team.
Any young player that turns down the tutelage of Lockyer isn't the brightest spark to begin with.

I’ve made this point before, but in his first season of his massive upgraded contract was the first year he ran the show and he won our player of the year. This is what I mean there’s a rhetoric out there he can’t do it and he bloody well can.

I’ve made this point before, but in his first season of his massive upgraded contract was the first year he ran the show and he won our player of the year. This is what I mean there’s a rhetoric out there he can’t do it and he bloody well can.
2015 Milford>Any other Milford

Getting it yet?

This statement cannot be dumbed down any further.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Big Del
  • winslow_wong
  • Organix
  • Justwin
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • eggstar10
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • ezpz
  • davidp
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.