Who is the best fullback of the NRL era?

Best Fullback of NRL era?

• Brett Hodgson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kaylon Ponga

• Brett Hodgson

• Matty Bowen

• Latrell Mitchell

• Dylan Edwards

• Brett Stewart

• Rhys Wesser

• Clint Schifcoske

• Valentine Holmes

• Luke Patton

• Other (mention in comments)

• Total voters
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Choose 3 best players. Please try to remove all personal bias or feelings about the player - entirely based on on-field performance because there are some real grubs on this list.

Also, just NRL - no one cares about Spud Dukenson from eighteen-dickety-seven

I've gone with:

1. Darren Lockyer - IMO, he changed the way fullbacks play in the modern game.
2. Tom Trbo
3. Billy Slater

Please tell me some of those are joke options……..Darius Boyd?

Please tell me some of those are joke options……..Darius Boyd?

he did say to take your bias out of it.

Boyd was one of the best fullbacks in the game ... except the last 2 years of his career.

and Boyd will be an invaluable resource when we get our hands on Walsh in the pre-season

Boyd was one of the best fullbacks in the game ... except the last 2 years of his career.

and Boyd will be an invaluable resource when we get our hands on Walsh in the pre-season
I don’t think he even qualifies as having played the position in his last 2 years. Primary job being to make tackles as the last line of defence.

Didn’t do much for Isaako or Niu 🤭

I picked lockyer, slater and prime boyd.

special mention goes to 2012 Ben Barba

lockyer and slater are the standard. there's definitely a question over which fullback had the highest peak - hayne, barba, etc, but I think consistently over their careers those two were far and above the others.

Slater, Lockyer and Karmichael for me.. All three had an impact on how altering how the position was played imo.. Slater and Lockyer are pretty obvious picks but I also really rated Karmichael Hunt as well.

Obviously we've had the likes of Hayne and Trbojevic produce some absolute 'lightning in a bottle' stuff for brief periods, the likes of which nobody else has probably ever matched.. But longevity is something I value above all that so it's Slater and Lockyer #1 & #2 because they delivered such consistently great levels for a long period of time

Lockyer for his ballplaying, Slater was just athletically better

If you mix those 2 together you've probably got the best we will ever see

Yep for absolute mind blowing seasons - TTurbo, Hayne and Barba are hard to go past.

For overall and potentially changed the game players - Lockyer, Slater and Inglis are hard to go past.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Battler
  • broncotville
  • Galah
  • Ondi
  • RolledOates
  • Kev_Guz
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brotherdu
  • Dazza 92
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.