Who is the broncos most hated person?

Hate is a strong word. I don't hate any of them, wouldn't wish any of them serious harm. Hope you guys are on the same page there.

But the ones I most want gone from the club are whichever decision makers allowed the current crisis of recruitment / retention. Putting busted has beens on way too much money, which allowed a toxic losing culture, causing us to lose young talents like Fifita and others. No rational person could blame him for wanting out. Or be surprised when it might not be easy to recruit others.

Meanwhile I spent yesterday watching a few classic matches from the 90s, when we used to be a powerhouse. Great stroll down memory lane. How good were they. Pounded Manly in a semi final 36-10. Gillmeister chopping forwards in half who were twice his size. Lazarus bending the line without even seeming to run that hard. Mick Hancock streaking down the sideline. Alf and Kevvie making chaos in the middle. What a time to be a broncos fan that was.

Hate is a strong word. I don't hate any of them, wouldn't wish any of them serious harm. Hope you guys are on the same page there.
I disagree, i hate Tallis and would love to see both his knee's broken.
That being said, i wouldn't wish harm on anyone else on these lists.

Karmichael Hunt leaving. I don’t hate him, but I hate what it did to our club. He was that good of a player he would have retired a rugby league immortal. We still haven’t recovered from his exit. We would have had a Hunt/Lockyer combo in the spine and a ready made experienced half as of when Lockyer retired. We probably had enough another two premierships also 😟

I'd agree with most of the suggestions on here ... and add one guy who totally pisses me off and seems intent on running around hiding behind the scenes and white-anting the club at every opportunity ... Anthony "the friggin' man" Mundine. :raaage::raaage:

Karmichael Hunt leaving. I don’t hate him, but I hate what it did to our club. He was that good of a player he would have retired a rugby league immortal. We still haven’t recovered from his exit. We would have had a Hunt/Lockyer combo in the spine and a ready made experienced half as of when Lockyer retired. We probably had enough another two premierships also 😟
In hindsight, losing Karmichael Hunt should really have been the canary in the coal mine. Shortly afterwards we lost Folau and we dropped the ball on Inglis, and it really should have been ringing major alarm bells by then that the Broncos as we always knew them were very likely a thing of the past.

Last edited:
Oh, **** Bruno Cullen too.
On the topic of Bruno Cullen and Paul White, when was the last time people would say we had a genuinely excellent CEO that could deliver success both on and off field?

If people looked into our choices at the top of the chain a little bit deeper, it might paint a clearer picture about why it's been so long since we have enjoyed consistent on field success.

Cullen. He is the one that started the rot. Leaving Bellamy waiting for 2 hours and rightly losing his signature is his legacy.

on the field there will never be forgiveness for Ashton Sims, Ben Hunt (the high tackle is where we lost the game) or Darius Boyd coming from me. NEVER.

Last edited:
Cullen. He is the one that started the rot. Leaving Bellamy waiting for 2 hours and rightly losing his signature is his legacy.

on the field there will never be forgiveness for Ashton Sims, Ben Hunt (the high tackle is where we lost the game) or Darius Boyd coming from me. NEVER.
The fact that the richest and most well resourced club in the game missed out on the best Coach in the game (who also fortunately happened to have a history with this club) not just once, but TWICE, is an absolutely damning indictment on the people who have been put in charge of this club in the last decade, as well as the people who put those people in charge.

Last edited:
So BHQ who is your most hated figure from a bronco fan perspective ?
I don't HATE anyone I can think of. Being honest.

There's always been someone in the team I've wanted to sack - who's driven me nuts - but I don't think I've ever really hated them. The last couple of years it was Macca. But the weird thing is he's also probably the player I like the most off the field. He's a great guy.

Pies is more a figure of fun, in a gallows humour kind of way. I've come to accept he's out of his depth, and am resigned that all we have left is to laugh at his ineptitude to retain our sanity. With what's happened this week that schadenfreude is starting to morph into pity.

I'm at a bit of a loss right now. There's something very rotten in Red Hill and I don't know the source or how far it's spread.

I reckon Kevvie would get to the bottom of it in an afternoon.

Last edited:

There's always been someone in the team I've wanted to sack - who's driven me nuts - but I don't think I've ever really hated them. The last couple of years it was Macca. But the weird thing is he's also probably the player I like the most off the field. He's a great guy.

I'm at a bit of a loss right now. There's something very rotten in Red Hill and I don't know the source or how far it's spread.

He probably would with the playing group but that is only a small part of it, his employers would be the biggest part of it and there wouldn’t be much he could do about that.

He probably would with the playing group but that is only a small part of it, his employers would be the biggest part of it and there wouldn’t be much he could do about that.
White is outgoing. Lockyer can probably be saved by an old boy intervention. Even Peter Gentle says he's out of his depth as a head coach, so he'll have to go too. Pies sure knows how to pick 'em.

A tag team of Kevvie, Cameron Smith and Shane Webke would sort this shit right out.

Last edited:
On the topic of Bruno Cullen and Paul White, when was the last time people would say we had a genuinely excellent CEO that could deliver success both on and off field?

If people looked into our choices at the top of the chain a little bit deeper, it might paint a clearer picture about why it's been so long since we have enjoyed consistent on field success.

Ribot?

Pies is more a figure of fun, in a gallows humour kind of way. I've come to accept he's out of his depth, and am resigned that all we have left is to laugh at his ineptitude to retain our sanity. With what's happened this week that schadenfreude is starting to morph into pity.

agree with everything said in this post.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.