Votes: 29 42.0%
  • Kodi Nikorima

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • James Roberts

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
I agree, would like to see Kodi given a shot there. I know there's a knock on him because of his size but I seem to recall him playing fullback in 20s when he was coming thru. Does anyone recall how he went there?

Niko is the most awkward choice for the team though as Boyd probably won't be dropped and I wouldn't ever want him in the halves, so we'd need to find a spot for him in the three quarters.
He went alright there in the 20s but it is a lot more open

Your telling me to control my anger issues? Pot, kettle and all that crap.

They went to visit some kids to show support. What does that have to do with the Falou situation? The issue with him is not that the religion he belongs to has homophobic rhetoric, it is that he himself consistently displays his own homophobic rhetoric. It shouldn’t be this hard to understand.
See this is my problem with the reporting on this issue. They pick out the homophobic bit and nothing else. I mightn’t be a homosexual but he got me on nearly every other topic so I’m going to hell and no one cares about these issues. Who’s sticking up for the liars and cheaters etc........

In the 20's grand final probably 5 years ago or so. Nikorima was playing fullback and almost single handedly orchestrated a crazy comeback against a stacked Canberra side. He is a bloody handful with time and space.

Maybe we could try Bird at dummy half, he would be one dynamic hooker!
I was there that day and I think you will find it was his brother that changed that game and almost won it for us. I’ve got in my mind he went to hooker but it might have been 5/8

I was warming to the idea of putting Boyd at 9 or even 6, but after rewatching the last two sets over and over, I can't find a place for him in my team. He's the new Dave Taylor.

I was there that day and I think you will find it was his brother that changed that game and almost won it for us. I’ve got in my mind he went to hooker but it might have been 5/8
What is happening with the younger brother?

A lot are calling for the change I'm guessing for kick returns and attacking play, but Boyd was being peppered with some towering bombs last night and I'm not sure Kodi, Milf, Jack or Isaako would've fared so well under the same test... and if they happened to be found out under bombs and not being able to catch anything it starts to become a merry go round.

The coach can't just cut someone unless they're certain the new player will be able to handle it.

I still think a major issue is this horrendous ball handling we have at the moment.

FWIW I'm not advocating Boyd at fullback just that the defensive side of the ball is just as important especially for a team already struggling for ball control

Last edited:
A lot are calling for the change I'm guessing for kick returns and attacking play, but Boyd was being peppered with some towering bombs last night and I'm not sure Kodi, Milf, Jack or Isaako would've fared so well under the same test... and if they happened to be found out under bombs and not being able to catch anything it starts to become a merry go round.

The coach can't just cut someone unless they're certain the new player will be able to handle it.

I still think a major issue is this horrendous ball handling we have at the moment.

FWIW I'm not advocating Boyd at fullback just that the defensive side of the ball is just as important especially for a team already struggling for ball control

Yep. Some change is needed, but changing the entire structure of the side will be akin to throwing out the baby with the bathwater...

Fullback isn’t the issue. Yes Boyd has missed tackles (he slipped against the Tigers but he was the guy pressuring the kicker and then made it back to fullback) but Jesus Christ he is safe as houses under the high ball and 99.99% of the time he takes the right option in attack and throws great passes to the wingers.

Our problem is the amount of money we have invested in a 5/8 who has slowly got worse and worse over the past 4 years. I swear to god he has an IQ of -100 when your talking about closing out games of footy. Our complete lack of direction by our halves cost us a GF in 2015 and it has continued to lose us games since then. We need an old head in there. At the moment I see far more potential in Nikorima then Milford. Milford just runs around like a headless chook in the middle of the field. Milford throws one good pass or gets one repeat set and everyone blows his load. Nikorima’s short passing game is far superior and so is his running game. Milford’s kicking game is better but that’s it.

For the amount of money Milford gets paid he should be having far more positive influence on our games then Nikorima but he simply doesn’t. This guy is probably earning more then Munster and I know who I choose every single day of the week. He needs to lift and lift by a long way before he starts justifying what we are paying him.

Last edited:
Fullback isn’t the issue. Yes Boyd has missed tackles (he slipped against the Tigers but he was the guy pressuring the kicker and then made it back to fullback) but Jesus Christ he is safe as houses under the high ball and 99.99% of the time he takes the right option in attack and throws great passes to the wingers.

Our problem is the amount of money we have invested in a 5/8 who has slowly got worse and worse over the past 4 years. I swear to god he has an IQ of -100 when your talking about closing out games of footy. Our complete lack of direction by our halves cost us a GF in 2015 and it has continued to lose us games since then. We need an old head in there. At the moment I see far more potential in Nikorima then Milford. Milford just runs around like a headless chook in the middle of the field. Milford throws one good pass or gets one repeat set and everyone blows his load. Nikorima’s short passing game is far superior and so is his running game. Milford’s kicking game is better but that’s it.

For the amount of money Milford gets paid he should be having far more positive influence on our games then Nikorima but he simply doesn’t. This guy is probably earning more then Munster and I know who I choose every single day of the week. He needs to lift and lift by a long way before he starts justifying what we are paying him.

The Milford you watch must be a different Milford to the one I see playing for the broncs. In any case, "our complete lack of direction in the halves" has been more than less, a feature of the our attacking structures for years and it is taking Seibold a while to deconstruct and replace with something that works.

Do you honestly believe if you put someone like Munster at 5/8 in our team he would suddenly turns us into the Storm and we would be 5 from 5?

Milford (and every player) plays the way he/they does/do because he/they need to fit into the structures and shapes that are coached. Sure, individual brilliance, or x-factor adds a lot and that can't be coached but still, that doesn't win games - team play does.

For mine, if you put Milf into the Storm it wouldn't take too long for him to learn their way of doing things under Bellamy, and he would tear other sides apart with his footwork and other talents, given the opportunities their shapes and structures would give him.

This sort of change is exactly what I am waiting for at the Broncos as a result of Seibold doing things differently. I am already seeing things changing slowly as Milf and Knik work together to create the opportunities I have seen in the last 2 games which succeeded on a few occasions and failed in others because of poor finishing.

In any case, I have revised my opinion and Boyd is our best option for FB for now, and Milf for 5/8.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jedhead
  • KateBroncos1812
  • jd87
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • broncotville
  • NSW stables
  • Dony Eliakim
  • LittleDavey
  • Browny
  • phoenix
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Mister Wright
  • Dash
  • Manofoneway
  • mitch222
  • BroncosAlways
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.