OPINION who would you pick as the next Broncos number 7?

Who do you think will be Reynolds replacement as our next Halfback?

• Sam Walker

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Lachlan Lam

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 27 69.2%

• Total voters
Without knowing the young guys coming through well, its slim pickings in the NRL market. Lam i think with Reynolds involvement could be a wise option.

Without knowing the young guys coming through well, its slim pickings in the NRL market. Lam i think with Reynolds involvement could be a wise option.
Retaining Reynolds as a halves coach (beside Alfie) is a no brainer. Apart from him genuinely being useful, they can pay him unders to extend, and launder the balance outside the cap as a coach. With complete plausible deniability.

Not that the Broncos would do that.

Retaining Reynolds as a halves coach (beside Alfie) is a no brainer. Apart from him genuinely being useful, they can pay him unders to extend, and launder the balance outside the cap as a coach. With complete plausible deniability.

Not that the Broncos would do that.

A percentage of his final year doesnt count towards the cap according to nrl rules so thats a plus

Based on seeing him play .
He helped the Tigers beat the Broncos a cpl of seasons back . Then the games he played last year he improved noticeably .
Santa posted a highlights from the game vs the Cowboys . Jock was involved in three tries . One he made Dearden look like a fool by drawing him and putting Piakura through a gap .
Do you think Kev / DD / Scanlan would let Gamble go , but keep Jock if they thought Gamble was a better player ?????
So you would judge a tiny pool of performances over a large pool which says the opposite, I mean even for us Gambles best game is better than what Madden has ever done, Gamble has done better at the Q cup level and has been a key player to get a NRL first grade team into the finals over many games during a season, Madden has played **** all, most of those games many here wished they had Gamble there, because he has a much stronger mentality and demands the ball for kicks which Madden doesn't do which is why mam kicks alot more when he plays which he shouldn't because mams kicking game is fucking shit.

The 7 has to be the Alpha male of the team or it doesn't work, because they have to get the ball to them for the majority of kicks because the 7 is the best kicker or they are not the 7, some soft spoken beta doesn't work and madden has to work on this because when he plays Mam is kicking far too often when he shouldn't, it wouldn't be soo bad if Walsh was kicking but because he isn't in this scenario you know it isn't pre planned, because even Kevvie would know you would rather Walsh kicking than Mam.

True Madden has essentially been our Gamble replacement, but if Gamble didn't leave he wouldn't of played I'll tell you that now.

No sane human would pick Madden over Gamble.

Sure many here might favour the option we have now to not feel butthurt over what we could have but this is the harsh reality.

So you would judge a tiny pool of performances over a large pool which says the opposite, I mean even for us Gambles best game is better than what Madden has ever done, Gamble has done better at the Q cup level and has been a key player to get a NRL first grade team into the finals over many games during a season, Madden has played **** all, most of those games many here wished they had Gamble there, because he has a much stronger mentality and demands the ball for kicks which Madden doesn't do which is why mam kicks alot more when he plays which he shouldn't because mams kicking game is fucking shit.

The 7 has to be the Alpha male of the team or it doesn't work, because they have to get the ball to them for the majority of kicks because the 7 is the best kicker or they are not the 7, some soft spoken beta doesn't work and madden has to work on this because when he plays Mam is kicking far too often when he shouldn't, it wouldn't be soo bad if Walsh was kicking but because he isn't in this scenario you know it isn't pre planned, because even Kevvie would know you would rather Walsh kicking than Mam.

True Madden has essentially been our Gamble replacement, but if Gamble didn't leave he wouldn't of played I'll tell you that now.

Sure many here might favour the option we have now to not feel butthurt over what we could have but this is the harsh reality.

TLDR ...

Bro it's Christmas. Chill 😎

Madden is also 23 compared to Gamble's 27; Madden is also cheaper since he's not a regular NRL starter yet. Give the kid time, he will come good IMO. Don't compare him to Cleary, that's unfair. Compare him to the other young halves in the game ie Ilias, who now has a couple of seasons under his belt.

Madden is also 23 compared to Gamble's 27; Madden is also cheaper since he's not a regular NRL starter yet. Give the kid time, he will come good IMO. Don't compare him to Cleary, that's unfair. Compare him to the other young halves in the game ie Ilias, who now has a couple of seasons under his belt.
Age isn't something that important to the position that has the highest average age of high performers in the game, getting a good 30 year old halfback still means your likely to get a several seasons from them in the modern game, which is enough time to find the next one aswell.

Madden is young though so who knows what he can develop into being but outside elite players these days you generally don't see what they are fully capable of till they are over 25 though plenty have stagnated early(I'm thinking Pearce and Brooks who both looked better at the start of their careers).

Give me a bloke who kicks to corners and digs into the line before playing out the back before a guy who scores try after try. We don't need a halfback like Benny Hunt was when he was with us, we need a guy who can control the game with his foot. We have more than enough line breakers, we can afford to have a kicking machine wearing the #7.

I'm not saying go for him but I think one player that could be a handy halfback when he reaches his prime years is Braydon Trindall.

Off contract 2025. I would be keeping an eye on him over the next couple of years seeing how he develops.

I'm not saying go for him but I think one player that could be a handy halfback when he reaches his prime years is Braydon Trindall.

Off contract 2025. I would be keeping an eye on him over the next couple of years seeing how he develops.

Agreed.

Active Now

• Behold
  • whykickamoocow
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Ozired
  • Battler
  • Big Del
  • LittleDavey
  • Morkel
  • Jazza
  • Gaz
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncorob
  • Scdeac
  • mrtij
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.