OPINION who would you pick as the next Broncos number 7?

Who do you think will be Reynolds replacement as our next Halfback?

• Sam Walker

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Lachlan Lam

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 29 69.0%

• Total voters
Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
If you watched the way the club heads handled the sacking announcement, I think you'll find those two blokes might be the ones needing to be sacked.

Apples and oranges .
We are talkin 60m #7s remember ?

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
I kinda lost sight of the thread title........ ie who will replace Arey.
and was more taken aback by what I considered as a rather savage and tbh, unwarranted critic of Madden's game against the Sharks.

Truth be told....as a back up, I've been pleasantly surprised by Jock's game. I think from his beginning to now, there's been substantial improvement. Will he continue to improve.....only time will tell. How much will he improve?.....I do think he has a limited ceiling.

Is he the future halfback of the club....I don't think so, although that said.......with the likes of Walsh and Mam being the creative strike weapons.....
what do we need from Jock/future half? Someone to steer us around.......get us good field position and defend well in his own right?

Maybe I'm alone in thinking most of ARey's onfield performances have been.........mehh
or maybe he's just been injured and off the field so much, that I just can't remember? I'm sure he's doing more for us off the field than on it.

Dunno......can't help the feeling that if we were full strength minus Arey........we still have the strength to win a premiership with Madden. I don't believe he is the reason we aren't winning games.
The thing I have noticed with Madden is that he looks more comfortable out on the left. I know it's unconventional, but if Mam is ok playing on the right, could we switch them and put the Halfback on the left and five eighth on the right?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The thing I have noticed with Madden is that he looks more comfortable out on the left. I know it's unconventional, but if Mam is ok playing on the right, could we switch them and put the Halfback on the left and five eighth on the right?
He’s more comfortable when our forward pack is doing its job

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I think that ship has sailed. The dogs have looked so much better with him beside Burton.
Dogs have the young halfback coming through... played for NSW U19's

I think he's moved up to NSW Cup this year and going really well there as well... or he's moved up a grade last year and got player of the year so he's moved up another grade again this year and is killing it again... 🤔🤔

I think @Sproj is suggesting Sexton, because his time at the dogs may be numbered when the young guy comes through

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
I think that ship has sailed. The dogs have looked so much better with him beside Burton.
What is annoying though is that Sexton is probably only viewed as a stop-gap solution by the Bulldogs until one of their juniors is ready for NRL. Until that happens, which would likely be 2 years on from now, he is pretty much guaranteed first grade games by staying at the Bulldogs. It's unlikely that we'd be able to land him before that, only to be a backup for Reynolds.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Dogs have the young halfback coming through... played for NSW U19's

I think he's moved up to NSW Cup this year and going really well there as well... or he's moved up a grade last year and got player of the year so he's moved up another grade again this year and is killing it again... 🤔🤔

I think @Sproj is suggesting Sexton, because his time at the dogs may be numbered when the young guy comes through
Mitchell Woods is signed until 2027.

NRL squad next year. Hasn't played Cup yet but captain of the SG Ball this year that lost to the Dragons and SG player of the year.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Astro
  • PETERN
  • Old Mate
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.