Who's Going To Origin?

State-of-Origin-the-biff-NSW-winger-Rod-Wishart-wa-5956973.jpg

Anyone using firefox can just right click the image and select "Block images from.... "

ningnangnong said:
audragon said:
P.S. Love your banner, would you be really upset if I pinched it? [icon_wink

Go for your life, mate!

The more the merrier. icon_thumbs_u
Cheers!

Not that I can do much with it now... :mrgreen:

I'll be attending the game at Lang Park as I usually do...

Yet to attend a game at ANZ Stadium and I doubt I will - looks an awful place to watch footy if you can't get on the bottom level on the side...

Scotty said:
Anyone using firefox can just right click the image and select "Block images from.... "

Sounds like you may have adblock installed too.

The Rock said:
Steve said:
I'll be attending the game at Lang Park as I usually do...

Yet to attend a game at ANZ Stadium and I doubt I will - looks an awful place to watch footy if you can't get on the bottom level on the side...

It's not THAT bad. I wouldn't class it as "awful".

Awful is the SCG.

It used to be much much worse back in 2000 before they re-done it.
Are you serious? I don't think I've ever watched a game of football there where I actually watched the field. I've had to watch the screens every time. It wasn't built for league, and we shouldn't play league there until it's suitable.

Yes I remember how it used to be, but just because it's not as bad now doesn't mean it isn't 'that bad' as you put it. And comparing it to the SCG doesn't make sense, it's not a ground built for league either, and they only play it there for historical reasons now.

What I mean by until it's more suitable is until it has seats put in place that actually make you able to watch the game, they shouldn't play there. Until the first row of seats isn't a mile from the sideline, they shouldn't play there.

Not saying it's the end of the world, just saying it's a long way from being 'not that bad'. When you play 2 games, maybe 3 (a grand final and 1 or 2 origin matches) a year that are meant to be the pinnacle of our game, they should at least be played at a stadium that allows for great viewing.

My point in saying that it shouldn't be compared to the SCG is that they don't actually play footy there. ANZ is used for our grand final, for origin matches, it should be better than it is if they are going to insist on using it for those big games.

I've sat in the corporate seating at ANZ, pretty much bang on the halfway line, and I still thought it was horrible viewing. The angle the seats are on is all wrong. You might not care about the viewing, but if I'm going to make the effort to go to a game, I'd rather be able to watch the action on the ground, rather than a screen!

So if viewing the game doesn't worry you... why do you go?

Dare I say coz there's nothing else to do in Sydney on a Wednesday night?

Y'know I went to ANZ in '06 when Melbourne played St. George in the prelim and I still found it to be decent viewing and no where near as bad as people made it out to be.

It was easy to get in and out of, comfortable, I still had a decent view of the football and as far as the fans went, the Dragons fans were awesome, willing to welcome anyone to come sit and cheer with them, even if they were Melbourne fans. Awesome.

Ohhh right. I forgot when in Sydney, if you actually manage to go to the game, you don't watch it. You go there for everything else apart from the football.

Very well saying my question is dumb.

Going to the football and not caring about watching to football is the only thing dumb here.

Im confused.... i thought rock said there were better things to do in sydney than to go to a football game, but now hes saying being there even if u can see that well is better than not being there....

I expect to be spoilt, living in the heart of rugby league

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Financeguy
  • bert_lifts
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • whykickamoocow
  • Ondi
  • porouian
  • broncotville
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.