Who's Your Man To Watch This Season?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Coxy said:
ethos said:
I think Israel Folau is set for a big year in the centres. Saw a bit of the All Stars game and he seemed to have better acceleration and more agility.

+1. But he's still dog slow over anything more than 30m. So I hope he's also working on his vision and looking for support. He'll have plenty with the likes of Kemp, Yow Yeh, Winterstein, Beale etc hunting for the ball.

What's this? I never thought Coxy would come to accept having Folau in the centres. icon_smile

He will wreak havoc there.

I believe I was referring to last year that he had very little ability in attack and defence in the centres, his only talent was catching high balls.

I said a good offseason would do him the world of good.

Clearly he's worked hard in the offseason, just as I predicted.

Kind regards,
Gus

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Kemp and SammyT. Kemp will either shine or sink. And Sammy will be putting his hand up for captain so will lead from the front :)

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
we have a such a good young team that this yr could be anything, so many prospects who could break out

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Aeetee said:
And Sammy will be putting his hand up for captain so will lead from the front :)
Completely agree. And was it just that the indigenous team jerseys were slimming, or has he actually lost a few kegs?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yup he's worked hard in the offseason...I think his stint with BHQ Oztag has set him up for an awesome season :P

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Nick Kenny. he was our best player last year IMO, and when he got injured we fell apart. got him back, started winning again. coincidence? dont think so.

oh and from that thread last year, i especially love this quote:
[icon_lol1.
Jeba said:
Steve Michaels is gonna come back better than ever.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
I'm guessing that's based on the countless man hours you two have spent not only in collusion with the Broncos performance and coaching staff but also observing pre season training and trials?

I'd much rather someone have faith and confidence in a player than bag him simply because they think it's 'cool'.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
You relise AP was showing something from last yr right?

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Pretty poor form to bag out someone else's selection when you didn't even post one yourselves. Also poor form to pick one person from a bunch of bad predictions. Get over the vendetta guys.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
By the looks of things most people are pretty keen to see Sims do well which is great the bloke seems to really want to be a Bronco.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I want him to do well. He's big, he's strong, he's fast (For his size), he can hit damn hard...he just needs consistency.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I reckon our outside backs will all have huge seasons. Hoffman, Kemp, Folau, Yow Yeh, Winterstein, Beale all have shitloads of points in them and heaps of individual talent. Even without Hodges, putting points on the board shouldn't be a problem this season (providing our forwards can do their jobs). Very happy with our situation in the halves this year, we possibly have the best depth in the competition at halfback and 5/8

As for the forwards, as per usual I think Thaiday will be awesome, same with Glenn, Kenny will be good for us up front too. I'm not quite as pumped about Sims as everyone else seems to be, I have nothing against him but as Coxy said, he needs consistency.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
im hoping this is the year that hoffman really makes a play for a starting spot

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
T'eo, Kemp and Yow Yeh are the main ones I've got my eye on for now. I really hope that Kemp can step up - I don't think it will be immediate though but I'd love to see him carve it up like he did in 2008.

In fact, I'm excited about the whole backline options. Really looking forward to seeing the young boys fight it out for spots like Hoffman, Hunt etc.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I'm excited by all our youth brigade. McGuire, McCullough, Yow Yeh, Glenn, Winterstein, etc etc. Hope they all have a massive year.

SSS

SSS

NYC Player
Mar 11, 2008
I think the ones to impress most this year will come from the engine room Anderson, Britt, McGuire and Kenny. Have a feeling if I'm wrong we won't be anywhere near the top eight at the pointy end of the season.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
oh and from that thread last year, i especially love this quote:
[icon_lol1.
Jeba said:
Steve Michaels is gonna come back better than ever.

I admitted in that same thread that was a shocker prediction icon_thumbs_u

Active Now

• Alec
  • Midean
  • barker
  • RolledOates
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • mitch222
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.