Why won't this Inglis to Broncos rumor go away?

Inglis had a chance to come here to start with but he chose Souths. He can rot in Sydney for all I care. If he wants to come to QLD so badly, he can go to the Titans. He isn't worth his huge pay cheque. He bludges most games and only really produces big games against weaker opposition. If we lose 3-4 good quality players then our team will suffer. Folau was noted as a good signing when we got him but really we went backwards because we lost Hannant, Ennis, Stagg & Eastwood to accommodate him who all went to the dogs and were able to really catapult them up the ladder. Only halves are genuinely worth losing 2-3 good players over and Inglis is a fullback, and we have Boyd who is more than capable at the back for us.

If GI wants Reed's spot he can work for Reed's pay.

But he is much better then reed... id happily lose reed glenn and maranta for inglis, playing him at centre would be less chance of injuries and we would have two centres that can score tries from anywhere on the park, mix that with hunt milf and boyd giving them plenty of service and youve got a pretty unstoppable backline

We wont gain much money from Parker retiring. Most of his salary would come from the long service cap.

Inglis had a chance to come here to start with but he chose Souths. He can rot in Sydney for all I care. If he wants to come to QLD so badly, he can go to the Titans. He isn't worth his huge pay cheque. He bludges most games and only really produces big games against weaker opposition. If we lose 3-4 good quality players then our team will suffer. Folau was noted as a good signing when we got him but really we went backwards because we lost Hannant, Ennis, Stagg & Eastwood to accommodate him who all went to the dogs and were able to really catapult them up the ladder. Only halves are genuinely worth losing 2-3 good players over and Inglis is a fullback, and we have Boyd who is more than capable at the back for us.

Yeah this. After 2010 his cards should have been marked "never to play for the Broncos".Now we are a winning outfit and Souths are on the slide he wants in.I think it's incredibly sad that we are entertaining this idea at all.

Last edited:
If Parker retires and we have the opportunity to turn Reed, Glenn and Maranta into Inglis, I'd jump on that straight away, not because I think Inglis is going to be a world beater at the ripe age of 30, but just because we have a great opportunity to lose some non-essential contracts (Admittedly I do still like Glenn, but there's more talent on the way unfortunately for him)

Next season might be the year Oates finally transitions full time into a back rower.

1. Boyd
2. Anderson
3. Inglis
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Ofahengaue
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Oates
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Ese'ese
17. Pangai Jr.

Potentially something along these lines, of course it depends a lot on which of the young guys prove themselves this year in ISC & their limited NRL opportunities, I'm backing Ofahengaue to go big this year.

Even without Inglis, that's an amazing side.

1. Boyd
2. Anderson
3. Seve
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Ofahengaue
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Oates
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Ese'ese
17. Pangai Jr.

I think we may owe a small opology to daniel as he was kinda right Inglis was coming if it wasn't for souths.

How old will he be if we do sign him? And how's his injuries?

How old will he be if we do sign him? And how's his injuries?

if he comes over in 2017 he will be 30, he is also an early 30 as his birthday is january.
im not sure we want a 30yr old who will demand big coin who seems to have a recurring knee problem each year.

if he comes at a reasonable price then i would think thats ok, but its hard to fathom he will demand anyless than $800 a year and that would be even a push to get him for that.

Last edited:
I get the feeling we might not go after Inglis and instead put Kahu or Seve in the centre position.

We've got some really good prospects coming up in our forward pack. Imo, the priority is retaining the cut of them and transitioning them into first grade post Parker, Thaiday, Blair. Signing Inglis might very well restrict us from keeping the best players. Inglis may still have a bit left to offer but if we win the title this year we need to be able to maintain our success. At this point in time, Inglis is surplus to our needs.

I think we may owe a small opology to daniel as he was kinda right Inglis was coming if it wasn't for souths.

Hi Rhino, well WHAT can i say?! You are 100% correct in stating that Daneil O' Dowd is owe a very big apology from many so call fans/subscribers on here. Daniel was virtually hounded night an day an almost left BHQ due to the constant belittleing an crude remarks he received when he first released hes intel that GI would be a Bronco in 2017. Well well well , where are they all now ,the haters now Smokin Jo has confirm the Inglies movement rumor?! Daniel showed extreme maturity to ignore the innuendo an hateful remarks an doing this, confirm he is a bigger men then many on here! Almost ashame to be a member here .

Hi Rhino, well WHAT can i say?! You are 100% correct in stating that Daneil O' Dowd is owe a very big apology from many so call fans/subscribers on here. Daniel was virtually hounded night an day an almost left BHQ due to the constant belittleing an crude remarks he received when he first released hes intel that GI would be a Bronco in 2017. Well well well , where are they all now ,the haters now Smokin Jo has confirm the Inglies movement rumor?! Daniel showed extreme maturity to ignore the innuendo an hateful remarks an doing this, confirm he is a bigger men then many on here! Almost ashame to be a member here .
That'll do me lol

But where was smokin' Joe ,1910,Talanoa etc while Daniel was being hounded night and day? Perhaps they are the ones who owe Daniel O'Dowd the apology?

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Lostboy
  • Fitzy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Broncos Maestro
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • mystico
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Justwin
  • Santa
  • Midean
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.