Will Tupou --> Wing

S

Slide

BRL Player
Apr 10, 2008
Kemp is a dud. Can't catch, can't defend. He only has speed. Reminds me of Bott.
Play Will Tupou on the wing, Wayne.
Thankyou.

give Kemp a chance ffs. He will only improve if given time. He has been a little poor in defence but Boyd and Michaels also had there moments in the last few years. It is hard to defend as a winger when it is 3 on 1..

Exactly. Of course it's not Michaels' fault for staying too far in field is it? It's Kemp's fault that he was left with 3 on 1 on 3 occasions :roll:

There's some absolute morons on this forum I tell ya.

Yeah Michaels needs to realise Hodges doesn't need him on his half of the field.

Yealp, it's Michaels fault that Kemp can't catch.
Yealp, it's Michaels fault that Kemp keeps getting dominated in tackles.
Kemp doesn't cut first grade.
I guess that's why Wayne kept him QLD cup for so long.

Slide said:
Yealp, it's Michaels fault that Kemp can't catch.
Yealp, it's Michaels fault that Kemp keeps getting dominated in tackles.
Kemp doesn't cut first grade.
I guess that's why Wayne kept him QLD cup for so long.

Go back to the special farm champ... stop in at Bunnings Warehouse and get a clue on your way there.

After singing his praises for so long, I do agree that Kemp has been fairly lacklustre in his performances so far.

But I wouldn't put it any higher than that whatsoever. Yes, three tries were scored on his wing last weekend, but as others have pointed out, there isn't much a winger can do facing an overlap of 3 or 4 men!

For all of his failings, he's doing no worse than Robinson on the wing... and can you honestly tell me you are sure that Tupou will do better?

IMO there's nothing worse than giving a young bloke four games in the top grade and them f**king him off. Give him time, no matter who it is, in order to find their feet. Boyd took longer than most to really get comfortable out there, ditto Michaels, and it's really starting to pay dividends that the coaching staff stuck with them imo.

mick! said:
After singing his praises for so long, I do agree that Kemp has been fairly lacklustre in his performances so far.

But I wouldn't put it any higher than that whatsoever. Yes, three tries were scored on his wing last weekend, but as others have pointed out, there isn't much a winger can do facing an overlap of 3 or 4 men!

For all of his failings, he's doing no worse than Robinson on the wing... and can you honestly tell me you are sure that Tupou will do better?

IMO there's nothing worse than giving a young bloke four games in the top grade and them f**king him off. Give him time, no matter who it is, in order to find their feet. Boyd took longer than most to really get comfortable out there, ditto Michaels, and it's really starting to pay dividends that the coaching staff stuck with them imo.

Everyone wanted to fck off Robinson after a couple of rounds. Why is everyone sticking up for Kemp?
Why did Wayne choose Robinson over Kemp in the first few rounds? Even though Kemp has been with the squad for the past couple of a seasons. Kemp just doesn't cut first grade.

Will Topou will do a better job than Kemp and Robinson combined.

Slide said:
Will Topou will do a better job than Kemp and Robinson combined.
Can you look into that crystal ball and tell me if we'll win the premiership as well?

it comes down to our inner defense. Somewhere along the line our sliding defense isnt working.

When it comes to attacking kicks across to our wings the Broncos are the worst in helping protect the winger.

But in saying that our defense is alot better than alot of teams, but does need improving to win a gf.

Kemp one last chance.. if he does nothing special or at least "solid" then drop him. i dont expect a try from him.. i just expect less tries to go past him.

Not sure about second Wing thou for this week at least considering Boyd "should" be fullback.

Heard some good things about Tupou so he is the "take a risk" option.. Frawley is the Safe option.. Robinson is the "give the kid a break" option

so is it "take a risk" "play it safe" or "give the kid a break" being that the Rabbits are down and out right now and watching their game they just cant finish a play. im Saying "Take a risk"

The only reason I'd consider dropping him is to rotate him with the other wingers we have if their form picks up, but Kemp hasn't done enough wrong to be dropped as of now. I even think Robinson possibly should have been given more of a chance.

Just like Boyd got panned for 3 years ppl focus on the negative side and point out mistakes.

I defended Boyd when a lot were saying replace him with Kemp and now ppl are starting on Kemp.

As previously pointed out defending on the wing is hard, if you go in too soon they kick behind you or go past you with a long pass, if you wait there is runners hitting a hole, you have to make a decision and stick to it and often that decision is dictated by your inside players.

As for the bomb he dropped the other night if you watched closely Michaels interfered with Kemps jump in an effort to shield him.
I say stick with Kemp for at least another 6 games and watch the improvement come.

I don't think Kemp's the problem, Michaels is. Michaels is great in attack, and I think the guy is great, but defending kicks he is crap. Hodges and Boyd when he was in the centres offer their wingers protection, they held them out. Michaels doesn't do that, his lame attempt for the titans first try was shocking.

If they wanted to pick someone out of the Qld Cup or Under 20's Gerard Beale if fit would be the one after WB looked at him long and hard in the pre-season, although he has/had been injured.

Although I haven't watched much U20's, the one that I have like is young Yow Yeh, he seems to know how to find the line. But no doubt and so it should probably be Kemp and Robinson on the wings this Friday night.

Should Robinson not have been given a chance also for those baying for Kemp to have more time?

[eusa_eh

Caniffe said:
Should Robinson not have been given a chance also for those baying for Kemp to have more time?

[eusa_eh

Not sure what the point is, Robinson has been out injured which is why Kemp got his chance in the first place [icon_confu

Russo said:
Caniffe said:

[eusa_eh

Not sure what the point is, Robinson has been out injured which is why Kemp got his chance in the first place [icon_confu

I think Robinson is back this week

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • Rah88
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Mister Wright
  • the_next
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.