Will Tupou --> Wing

Robinson returned from injury for Norths on the weekend in their win over Mackay.

As most think, defending on the wing is difficult. Are lot of decisions are heavily influenced by the actions of the inside man/men.
The 'shape' of the kick is important as well with the lobbing ball projected to land very near to the tryline the worst of the lot. A player has it in his mind to actually catch or retain possession, different to his approach when attempting to simply knock it dead.

I remember calls for Wendell Sailor to be dropped due to his performance under the high ball but WB perservered with him to good effect.

Russo said:
If they wanted to pick someone out of the Qld Cup or Under 20's Gerard Beale if fit would be the one after WB looked at him long and hard in the pre-season, although he has/had been injured.

Although I haven't watched much U20's, the one that I have like is young Yow Yeh, he seems to know how to find the line. But no doubt and so it should probably be Kemp and Robinson on the wings this Friday night.

is that the guy with the long black hair? if it is he has looked great in the games ive watched. very very fast.

surely with Hodges and maybe Hunt in the SOO he would get a spot. Stagg would be needed in the forwards through this time.

It will be a bit weird to have only 1 maybe 2 of our backs in at origin instead of 4 or 5! icon_thumbs_u

I reckon Tom Hewitt should get a go before Frawley. I rate Hewitt much higher than Frawley and Robinson. Kemp shows potential which should be reached with time. Not every youngster is going to 'do a Falou' and dominate attack in their first real season, and I think people should stop comparing it. Give the youngsters a break. Mind you, I do think Kemp is a better fullback than he is a winger anyway.

Clintos said:
I reckon Tom Hewitt should get a go before Frawley. I rate Hewitt much higher than Frawley and Robinson. Kemp shows potential which should be reached with time. Not every youngster is going to 'do a Falou' and dominate attack in their first real season, and I think people should stop comparing it. Give the youngsters a break. Mind you, I do think Kemp is a better fullback than he is a winger anyway.

Ditto, but I do think for the moment that all of Hunt, Boyd and Hodges are far superior fullbacks. Makes it tough, really. V.keen on Kemp hopefully getting more time to get used to the surroundings.

I think Darius and Hodges are the main Keys in the Back for brisbane atm

Both can Play, Wing,Center and Fullback so that puts michaels and Kemp down the packing order for sure...

Is Anyone else curious how darius would go at 5/8th When Locky Is Injured, Pushing Kemp To Fullback with hunt out. Michaels and Hodges in the Center.. Beale and Hewitt on the wings....

Just an idea for covering locky and Hunt who both seem injury Prone right about now. and come next year Kemp On wing Hodges to fullback and Izzy and Michaels in the Centers...

draggx said:
I think Darius and Hodges are the main Keys in the Back for brisbane atm

Both can Play, Wing,Center and Fullback so that puts michaels and Kemp down the packing order for sure...

Is Anyone else curious how darius would go at 5/8th When Locky Is Injured, Pushing Kemp To Fullback with hunt out. Michaels and Hodges in the Center.. Beale and Hewitt on the wings....

Just an idea for covering locky and Hunt who both seem injury Prone right about now. and come next year Kemp On wing Hodges to fullback and Izzy and Michaels in the Centers...

I tend to agree with this but I dont think Boyd has the ball skills or the awareness that is necessary to play 5/8 at the moment. Then again when I think about it more neither does stagg! The thing staggy has over Darius though is his tackling ability ie 40+ a game to Darius's 5 or 6.

If these aspects could be improved it may be an option at some point

Wouldnt it be easier to put beale at 5/8? he has played there before

spoonbled said:
Wouldnt it be easier to put beale at 5/8? he has played there before

Or we could just do that! [icon_razz1 [icon_lol1.

well yes we could :P

but im trying to think of options to keep Kemp,Boyd and michaels

Curious in the way that I'd be curious to see how Frank would go rolling down the main street of Baghdad maybe...it'd be disastrous!

Coxy said:
Curious in the way that I'd be curious to see how Frank would go rolling down the main street of Baghdad maybe...it'd be disastrous!

I dont know about that [icon_shru. Frank is a Tank after all, hes pretty armoured [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. Then again it only takes a mine to get a boom!

Another "shocker" from Kemp last night, eh Slide?

Two-try Denan. Keep it as it is - Robinson and Kemp both showed some great touches last night.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • something
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Johnny92
  • Behind enemy lines
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wolfie
  • RolledOates
  • Ondi
  • broncotville
  • Aldo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.