Will Tupou --> Wing

Kemp 2 tries Whoa! Leon Bott could score tries too! And looked when he ended up ;)
If you knew anything about football, its not all about scoring tries, young mick!
Did you watch Will last night? No you didn't. So shutup :)

Slide said:
Kemp 2 tries Whoa! Leon Bott could score tries too! And looked when he ended up ;)
If you knew anything about football, its not all about scoring tries, young mick!

Since you seem to knowledge. Let's take away the fact that his handling skills are top notch, is reading in attack last night was absolutely brilliant and linked up beautifully on two occasions. We'll forget his speed, and we'll forget his two tries.

What else should we be looking for. Should he be wearing boots that are a different colour. I'm struggling to find what Kemp is lacking actually.

Nashy said:
Slide said:

Since you seem to knowledge. Let's take away the fact that his handling skills are top notch, is reading in attack last night was absolutely brilliant and linked up beautifully on two occasions. We'll forget his speed, and we'll forget his two tries.

What else should we be looking for. Should he be wearing boots that are a different colour. I'm struggling to find what Kemp is lacking actually.

Nothing imo. He's a terrific winger. He should be a priority signing, like Ennis and Hannant.

We seem to be in a bit of a bind with Hunt and Lockyer playing next year.

Someone's going to have to go: Hewitt (that's ok in my book), Boyd (nonono), Robinson (starting to play great football), Michaels - probably, with Folau coming.

Slide said:

I don't just mean the tries mate, they were a nice bonus. His defence improved 10-fold on last week's effort, he was safe under the high ball and ran great lines in support play.

Not saying he's the messiah, but I fail to see how he, Robinson or pretty much ANY of the guys who have played for us this year should be dumped.

mick! said:
Slide said:

I don't just mean the tries mate, they were a nice bonus. His defence improved 10-fold on last week's effort, he was safe under the high ball and ran great lines in support play.

Not saying he's the messiah, but I fail to see how he, Robinson or pretty much ANY of the guys who have played for us this year should be dumped.

But surely one of our up and coming stars will have to go next year with Folau's arrival, and Hunt and Lockyer playing.

That's the possible tragedy.

One of them will have to. Boyd, Kemp and Robinson - three guys, two wing spots. We'll have to wait and see.

But any suggestion of dumping ANY of the above for another reserve grader is ludicrous at this stage.

Will Tupou isn't a reserve grader. Go watch him play.
Kemp did better than last week only because Souths threw nothing at him.
Souths had nothing.

Slide said:
Souths had nothing.
I'd rather see Jharal Yow Yeh or Josh Hoffman get a go before Tupou. Hoffman was close to the best in a losing side last night, and Yow Yeh is a freak, just like his dad.

Slide said:
Souths had nothing.

With all due respect mate, it's hard to guage exactly how well someone will go in the top grade when they're playing in lower grades.

Tame Tupou was a dominant mofo in the Qld Cup, and Nick Parfitt was easily the comp's best fullback/winger... similarly the comp's star hooker Mick Ryan a few years ago. All three did sod all, or worse, in the NRL.

I always rated Mick Ryan. He had one of the finest passing game in the Broncos squad at the time. Too bad he was never really given a real shot in the 9 in the top grade.

The Rock said:
Slide said:
I always rated Mick Ryan. He had one of the finest passing game in the Broncos squad at the time. Too bad he was never really given a real shot in the 9 in the top grade.

He was given plenty of time in the number 9 jersey - Injuries didn't help though and he never was able to fire with the chances he was given.

Yep, never had what it took to make the leap up to first grade. I still get pissed off when I watch Priddis run around for the Panthers he is a good player even now in the twilight of his career and he would have played a lot of Origin if it wasn't for Buderus.

Slide said:

:roll:

I think he played about as many NRL games as Denan Kemp currently has...

We have such a great team (damn injuries!) and still people aren't happy.

Sheesh!

mick! said:
Slide said:

Kemp is a hack, can't catch, can't tackle, get's dominated in tackles.
He is lucky the Broncos have so many injuries.
Even Robinson got picked ahead of him at the start of the season even though Kemp has been in the squad for a good 2 years.
Shows how much Wayne rates him.
Kemp won't play another first grade game for the Broncos after this season.

Hodges
Hunt
Folou
Michaels
Boyd
Robinson
Beale
Tupou
Yow Yeh

See you later Kemp *waves*

So this would be the latest incarnation of G0Bronco, yeah?

How boring.

Wow, Slide. Did Kemp run over your dog accidently?

Replace dog with children and accidently with repeatedly. [icon_lol1.

Slide said:
mick! said:
Slide said:

Even Robinson got picked ahead of him at the start of the season even though Kemp has been in the squad for a good 2 years.

Hodges
Hunt
Folou
Michaels
Boyd
Robinson
Beale
Tupou
Yow Yeh

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Did Kemp shag your wife or something?

Slide said:
mick! said:
Slide said:

Hodges
Hunt
Folou
Michaels
Boyd
Robinson
Beale
Tupou
Yow Yeh

See you later Slide *waves*

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • Rah88
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Mister Wright
  • the_next
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Jazza
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.