NEWS Win five games or you're sacked Seibold

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Posting this because it's the current lead story by Badel & Rothfield in tomorrow's Sunday Mail. Fucked if I can find any substance in it that justifies the headline. No source is mentioned. I would consider this extract fake news:

Screenshot 2020 07 18 Broncos NRL Team The Courier Mail

"Broncos chairman Karl Morris and CEO Paul White refused to comment yesterday, although Brisbane hierarchy confirmed there was no immediate plan to terminate Seibold before Friday’s clash against Melbourne. Seibold is contracted until the end of 2022, with an option in the club’s favour for 2023, but it is understood he will not survive for a third campaign if he cannot bring some credibility to Brisbane’s year from hell. There are 10 games left in the 2020 season. If Seibold fails to win at least five more games, and move the Broncos close to finals contention, Brisbane’s executives will discuss a severance package."

Newscorp says it's the board's decision.

McHunt

Last edited:
Lol. Spiderman gif is relevant here, its newscorps decision, no it's the board decision.

Yet again, a perfect illustration of our issues. No one talking responsibility and looking for someone else to take charge.

I'll believe it if he tries to bring as many players as he can against the Storm.

Last edited:
Hey this guy who's been failing since he got here, and sucked incredibly badly this season coaching the team to numerous embarrassing defeats and broken record after losing record - should we give him the arse?

Nah, better wait another 5 games. If he's still garbage we can begin to discuss the possibility of considering whether we might want to think about giving him a pile of money to go and suck somewhere else.

Last edited:
Well it's from Badel so I'm convinced 🙄

If we’re competitive for 5 minutes against the storm, he’ll be safe

Lol and his first game of those 10 is against the storm.
I don’t think he will be off to a great start. This game is going to be a deadset massacre 😂

The board all need to go before Siebold. But he should follow very closely behind them.

I'm amazed they are giving him that. They should bite the bullet and get in a coach who can have the rest of the year to work out who is worth keeping and who needs to go.

That’s the issue though hey, who is this coach? Kev?

That’s the issue though hey, who is this coach? Kev?

At the moment, anyone but Seibs 😂

In all seriousness, if i was the board i'd really be taking 5 or 6 weeks to talk to a lot of the top coaches and people with good reputations in the game and find the right fit for our club. That could be somebody like a Craig Fitzgibbon, a Toovey or even go for somebody like Hodges with an experienced assistant. We just need to make sure its somebody who can make tough decisions.

Its not just the coach though, we need to go through everything from tipto bottom. Apart from the coach, I'd be looking at why we are missing out on recruiting the best talent in QLD.

We are still an immensely attractive job for a lot of coaches. There is a fantastic opportunity to rebuild this club back up. Everything in in place here and even though Seibold is failing with them, we have a core of players capable of doing really well.

They should sign all future new coaches to a 1 year + 1 year option in favour of the club to test em out first. Add in benchmark performance standards that needs to be met or the club has the right to give the coach the sack. Add in finals qualification bonuses as an incentive too.

If Kevvie goes missing from fox commentary you’ll know the axe is hovering.

there may be (i'd say likely) ... but Fox repeating CM's story is not evidence of it happening... they just regurgitate each others stories ... more hype that way
They literally just quote themselves and turn it into a story to chuck on the website.

80% of the stories on a Tuesday are based on quotes from Monday's NRL360

Well, if the players want him gone they've been given the tools!!! I won't tip them again this year and such easy money. A ten leg multi taking the opposition everytime!!! I'm a really shitty punter. I think I've done about 1500 in the last two weeks, maybe three🤬

Active Now

• simplythebest
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • porouian
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncoFan94
  • Organix
  • Mighty Bronx
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Scorchie
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • bert_lifts
  • Midean
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.