Without Hodges the Broncos are nothing in attack.

Coxy said:
Fair point. It's much more annoying when Legoman jumps out of dummyhalf to catch the markers offside, gets tackled and ref calls play on.

He earns a penalty more often than not though.

All this Ennis hate perplexes me to be honest. If you can look past the odd grubby moment and focus on his playing ability (similar to Hodges, although Ennis isn't in Hodges' league when it comes to talent) I reckon he's actually a pretty darn good player.

We're at our best when Ennis is running freely from dummy half. Of course he's no good going on his own without anyone in support but that's more his teammates' fault than his. They've got to support him.

Agree ethos, he's in good form. But when he doesn't play well and just acts like an arsehole, it hurts the team.

can't wait till that grub leaves.

Coxy said:
Agree ethos, he's in good form. But when he doesn't play well and just acts like an arsehole, it hurts the team.

I guess the same can be said for Hodges and his Dummy half runs, when they work he looks great, when they don't it wastes a tackle and he looks like an idiot. Besides, if the pack was doing it's job we wouldn't need him coming in and burning up his energy with runs that fail to do much 80 - 90 % of the time.

Let\'s put Hodges and all the other outside back on the open market. And let\'s see which player teams would chase most. I bet you a 6 pack of Lemon Ruski that Hodges would be the player that teams would chase. You have to remember Lockyer is coming to the end of his wonderful career.

Oh ffs, seriously. We arn't saying Hodges is shit. We are disagreeing to your comment "We are NOTHING without Hodges". Sure Hodges adds another dimension to our attacking line (when he plays well).

We need to be realistic here footymad. We do lose out when Hodges is out but it's not the end of our attacking world, far from it. Personally? I would prefer Hunt in my backline before Hodges. But to say we are nothing without either of those two is just silly.

Just look at end of last year. No Lockyer. No Hunt. No Ennis. No Wallace (obviously). But Hodges was there.

How did we go?

\\\"mal\\\" said:
Oh ffs, seriously. We arn\\\'t saying Hodges is shit. We are disagreeing to your comment \\\"We are NOTHING without Hodges\\\". Sure Hodges adds another dimension to our attacking line (when he plays well).

We need to be realistic here footymad. We do lose out when Hodges is out but it\\\'s not the end of our attacking world, far from it. Personally? I would prefer Hunt in my backline before Hodges. But to say we are nothing without either of those two is just silly.

Hunt runs the ball back hard and is great on the second man play. However, he\\\'s not the type of player that could hurt you from anywhere on the field and makes something out of nothing. Teams don\\\'t fear Hunt, like they fear Hodges.
Hence, why Hodges is the xfactor.

TOUCHDOWN!

Touchdown? Is this where I give up, you win? I've been touchdowned? Sigh

Yes, Hodges can find something from nowhere on the field how often has he done it this season? Please tell me... That's assuming he hasn't gone missing.... Apart from 06 I havn't seen anything consistent from Hodges to suggest I would prefer him over Hunt. 9/10 you win a game of footy based on an overall performance for 90 minutes of the game. Not because one man "made an unbelievable break". Hunt IMO brings more to a team than Hodges on a more consistent level.

And to say teams don't fear Hunt is just bullshit. Majority of Broncos attack INVOLVES Hunt linking with Lockyer on that second man play. I'd bet my last dollar that teams are studying Lockyer/Hunt moreso than Hodges a week prior to a game.

Oh and by the way, Lockyer is the XFactor so don't kid yourself otherwise. If you truely believe Hodges is our best player you really need to learn alot more about footy, seriously.

I bet you are one of the people who jumped on the SBW Bandwagon in 04 and have been sucking his dick ever since.. for the full 13 rounds he played per season.

Now that's unfair mal! $BW apparently played something like 74 games out of a possible 110.

So that's 16 rounds a season.

Coxy said:
Now that's unfair mal! $BW apparently played something like 74 games out of a possible 110.

So that's 16 rounds a season.

3 more games a season?? Damn, what's the next thing up from Xfactor???

footymad said:
Let\'s put Hodges and all the other outside back on the open market. And let\'s see which player teams would chase most. I bet you a 6 pack of Lemon Ruski that Hodges would be the player that teams would chase. You have to remember Lockyer is coming to the end of his wonderful career.

[icon_lol1. Looks like we have found a new friend for Jeza

LOL

I think it says a lot that you would bet a drink that no self respecting bloke would want. Who's going to bother taking that bet? :P

I think Hodges is definitely the something out of nothing player in our backline and our team that we really need. In fact every team needs one just so they can get out of trouble once in a while...

I think we need the trio of Lockyer, Hunt and Hodges, half the games we win we win because of Lockyer that is true, but Lockyer ihas lost pace and strength over the years, he's definitely more of the organiser now. Crucial kicking game.

\\\"mal\\\" said:
Touchdown? Is this where I give up, you win? I\\\'ve been touchdowned? Sigh

Yes, Hodges can find something from nowhere on the field how often has he done it this season? Please tell me... That\\\'s assuming he hasn\\\'t gone missing.... Apart from 06 I havn\\\'t seen anything consistent from Hodges to suggest I would prefer him over Hunt. 9/10 you win a game of footy based on an overall performance for 90 minutes of the game. Not because one man \\\"made an unbelievable break\\\". Hunt IMO brings more to a team than Hodges on a more consistent level.

And to say teams don\\\'t fear Hunt is just bullshit. Majority of Broncos attack INVOLVES Hunt linking with Lockyer on that second man play. I\\\'d bet my last dollar that teams are studying Lockyer/Hunt moreso than Hodges a week prior to a game.

Oh and by the way, Lockyer is the XFactor so don\\\'t kid yourself otherwise. If you truely believe Hodges is our best player you really need to learn alot more about footy, seriously.

I bet you are one of the people who jumped on the SBW Bandwagon in 04 and have been sucking his dick ever since.. for the full 13 rounds he played per season.

You bet your last dollar that teams are more concern with Lockyer and Hunt than Lockyer and Hodges?
I\\\'ll private message my netbank details on Thursday, so you can wire me your dole payment.
I was not sucking SBW\\\'s **** in 04. He was sucking mine cause I\\\'m the man. But Mundine is the man now.

Nothing in attack is a bit harsh but hodges provides a lot of spark in the backline. Without him we seem to play quite flat, don't look like worrying the defence as much.

Active Now

• cento
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  • Griffo
  • Splinter
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.