Woman hurt at NRL star's home- guess the player, then read..

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Woman hurt at NRL star's home - report

By Kara Lawrence and James Phelps

August 24, 2008 04:46pm
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

POLICE are investigating an alleged altercation at NRL star Greg Bird's Cronulla home that left a woman with injuries to her eye.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24 ... 77,00.html

Bird's a prick ... i can see him doing jail time in the near future [icon_non

I said Paul Gallen....close....close

she probably copped a load to the eye!

Latest news is that the assault involved two guests at Bird's house. The injuries suffered by the woman were quite serious. It seems she was hit in the face by a broken glass/bottle. There is no suggestion that Bird was involved either in the assault or with the woman. Heard on 2GB just now.

Hmm, I had Watmough. Oh well.

Are you saying Bird's name already isn't in the dirt? Dirty cheap whinging diving thug...oh wait, that is Gallen. Bird is just a dirty cheap whinging thug.

Bird has been charged.

He faces court today.

No link yet.

It's certainly not looking good for the Sharks.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... public_rss
NRL star Greg Bird was last night charged for allegedly glassing his American girlfriend in the face.

Katie Milligan, 24, will undergo surgery at the Prince of Wales Hospital today for "glass wounds" to the eye and is also suffering a fractured eye socket.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/gr ... 78505.html
Australian representative rugby league player Greg Bird is expected to appear in Sutherland Local Court today over an incident in which a woman was allegedly hit in the face with a glass, suffering a fractured eye socket and severe lascerations.

Police said last night the woman, 24, was allegedly hit during an argument at about 7.30am yesterday at a unit block on Boorima Place, where Bird's waterfront unit is located.

Bird has been charged with maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm.

He was refused bail and will face Sutherland Local Court today.

If this is true, the filthy thug needs to spend some time in jail.

Bulldogs will probably snap him up seeing as they have cash under there cap.

Holy shit! As much as I hate the git, I hope he didn't do it. Absolute low gutter act.

If he is convicted then there is no way he will play Rugby League in australia again.

FMD! Of course I hope that Bird didn't do it, despite the fact that I hate the bugger anyway, but this shouldn't happen FULLSTOP.

I just hope whoever took part in the attack is suitably punished and, most importantly, the woman can fully recover from this. Terrible.

Unbelievable. Glassing is an absolutely disgusting trend that's happening at the moment. If Bird is guilty, I hope the fuckstain spends jail time and doesn't ever play in the NRL again.

FMD not much chance he didn't do it, I'm really interested to see the Sharks response.

Its really important IMO for the NRL to make a statement and rub someone like Bird out (if guilty) to send the message, if you play up in the NRL you are out no matter who you are.

They cannot be seen to be playing favourites with this bloke.

The players association has been vociferous when it comes to conditions and remuneration but it is the players who have been dragging the game through the mud the last few years.

I would hope the association has a strong public response at some point about the behaviour of its members.

LOL, the Sharks response so far is "he said he didn't do it".

If he's told to stand trial after his court appearance this morning, it'll be interesting to see what the Sharks and NRL do. In reality they should force him to stand down until after the trial. IMO.

They won't.

Active Now

• Alec
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fozz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  • Wolfie
  • pagey
  • ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skyblues87
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.