Woman hurt at NRL star's home- guess the player, then read..

Career over for Mr Bird I'd say. Wonder if the add featuring him(with the two guys namimg players ending with Greg Bird) gets the chop straight away.

Sharks have stood Bird down for the remainder of the season.

His long term furture at the club will be decided after the outcome of this.

Bird stood down by Sharks

CRONULLA five-eighth Greg Bird has been stood down indefinitely by the Sharks pending further investigation of an alleged assault at his apartment.
Sharks chief executive Tony Zappia said it was highly unlikely Bird would play again this season with the international pivot due in court on October 7.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

Pumba said:
Bird stood down by Sharks

CRONULLA five-eighth Greg Bird has been stood down indefinitely by the Sharks pending further investigation of an alleged assault at his apartment.
Sharks chief executive Tony Zappia said it was highly unlikely Bird would play again this season with the international pivot due in court on October 7.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

That is the very least they could do IMO. He deserves to be sacked but I dont think they will do it because they cant afford to lose someone of his quality. But then again I thought the same with the Carney situation and look what eventuated with that [icon_lol1.

Had to happen. Considering what happened with Latu a couple of years back, I don't think they would have looked too good if they'd let him keep playing. Whether he's sacked or not I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but he hasn't done himself any favours by lying to police and trying to get someone else to take the blame for it.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

He wanted a friend of his to take the blame. [icon_non

http://www.theage.com.au/national/shark ... -41qt.html

NRL player Greg Bird allegedly tried to have a friend take the blame for smashing a glass into his girlfriend's face, a court heard today.

Bird today faced a charge of maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm on Ms Milligan, who was due to undergo surgery for glass wounds to her eye, police said.

Sutherland Local Court was told today that, as Bird's friend Brent Watson was being questioned by police over the incident, Bird allegedly sent him a text message, saying: "My manager is helping me sort this shit out."

Anyone found guilty of glassing these days = guaranteed time in gaol.

Don't think I've ever seen anyone get away with GBH with a community-based order...

Bird will probably say he has a mental disorder.

Though not bad enough that he tried to get a friend to take the rap.

This is why the NRL is going downhill.. Clowns like Bird can't control themselves. He shouldn't play in the NRL again IMO.

Yea, i would be very upset in our system if he didn't get some gaol time.

Beads6 said:
This is why the NRL is going downhill.. Clowns like Bird can't control themselves. He shouldn't play in the NRL again IMO.

So, let me get this right; the NRL is going downhill because Bird glassed his girlfriend in the eye? Is that correct?

If he is guilty give him the maximum, people who do these things are scum.

Thanks Bird, you prick. What a great way to celebrate the centenary and the world cup.

Special thanks to Jarryd Bullseye Hayne, Money Bill and Todd Carney for making it extra special too.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
If he is guilty give him the maximum, people who do these things are scum.

Yep.

I'd love to see big tough 'i can glass my girlfriend in the eye Greg' in gaol. He'd cop a fair few kickings i reckon. Fully deserved of course.

Scumbag.
All the best to the woman involved and hope she isn't left with permanent scarring.

All the things Coxy wrote re what others will come up with for excuses has started.
Fittler "Look at all the others out there who do it and it doesn't make the press"!!! Shame Freddy. You should know better than to use that one in these circumstances.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.