Woman hurt at NRL star's home- guess the player, then read..

Hammo said:
Beads6 said:
This is why the NRL is going downhill.. Clowns like Bird can't control themselves. He shouldn't play in the NRL again IMO.

So, let me get this right; the NRL is going downhill because Bird glassed his girlfriend in the eye? Is that correct?

The bad press the NRL has got due to many stupid mistakes made by footballers.

diaf bird....diaf.

Oh and its pronounced B U B B A...... and your name is pronounced....B I T C H.

If the news reports are accurate, then this chick is a stupid sack of fail too. According to channel 7, she was involved in asking Bird's flatmate to cover it up for them.

Thinking about it though I guess that's probably not right. Mick might be able to clear it up, but if Bird's going to court it means she has pressed charges right? Or can the police bring charges of their own?

I'm pretty sure the Police can press charges. (on behalf of the crown, or something like that...I have seen it on tv)

She might like the abuse. Or she may just think "he doesn't really mean it, he loves me, it won't happen again"

Before anyone starts, there are millions of women like that out there, so don't bother.

gUt said:
If the news reports are accurate, then this chick is a stupid sack of fail too. According to channel 7, she was involved in asking Bird's flatmate to cover it up for them.

Not only was she involved in asking the flatmate to take them blame - she actually told the cops the flatmate did it. Makes no sense to me, but as Hammo said, there are plenty of women out there who do stay in abusive relationships and refuse to make their partner take any responsibility for their actions.

Well... bleh I better not say anything because I'll get in trouble.

This world is full of pretty idiots.

Controlled low self esteemed 'idiots' you mean [icon_frown
So she deserved it then ey!

Don't be silly, no one has suggested she "deserved" it. We are just saying that maybe she is one of the above said idiots, as she apparantly tried to help Bird pass the buck.

bianc said:
Scumbag.
All the best to the woman involved and hope she isn't left with permanent scarring.

All the things Coxy wrote re what others will come up with for excuses has started.
Fittler "Look at all the others out there who do it and it doesn't make the press"!!! Shame Freddy. You should know better than to use that one in these circumstances.

I'm glad you brought that up. I can't believe Fittler said that! Fair enough what he said is true but it sounds as if he is condoning or at least supporting Greg Bird. Maybe its a past time of footy player to bash women? [icon_drun

Playboy Bunny said:
bianc said:
Scumbag.
All the best to the woman involved and hope she isn't left with permanent scarring.

All the things Coxy wrote re what others will come up with for excuses has started.
Fittler "Look at all the others out there who do it and it doesn't make the press"!!! Shame Freddy. You should know better than to use that one in these circumstances.

I'm glad you brought that up. I can't believe Fittler said that! Fair enough what he said is true but it sounds as if he is condoning or at least supporting Greg Bird. Maybe its a past time of footy player to bash women? [icon_drun

I missed that. What a ridiculous thing to say.

And a hel of a lot of these instances do make the press even if they don't involve 'famous' people. I know I've heard/read about far too many glassing incidents in the press in the past 2 months.

i didn't hear this! Has anyone got a link for Fittler's comments? Crazy thing to come out and say. Pretty sure this is the type of incident that you stay as far away from as possible!

Flutterby said:
gUt said:

Not only was she involved in asking the flatmate to take them blame - she actually told the cops the flatmate did it. Makes no sense to me, but as Hammo said, there are plenty of women out there who do stay in abusive relationships and refuse to make their partner take any responsibility for their actions.

Maybe she was forced into saying it was the flatmate.

I have read that the incident happened about 7am & Bird didn't take her to hospital until 8.30am

She may have said no for about 1 1/2 hours, then thought I will never get to hospital & agreed to blame the flatmate. [icon_shru

Yeah, maybe it was like "say my mate did it or I'll finish the job on the other eye". Wouldn't surprise me.

Sharks obviously can't tear up his contract until investigations and judicial process is complete. They have to abide by "guilty until proven innocent"...errr...oops...I mean "innocent until proven guilty", at least until they're satisfied there's no doubt he did it.

Coxy said:
Sharks obviously can't tear up his contract until investigations and judicial process is complete.

Why not? Broncos did it to Lacey and Te Reo, IOC did it to D'arcy.. I'd say his contract will be gorne within a week or two!

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Cavalo
  • Browny
  • Allo
  • IceWorks
  • Skyblues87
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • Kev_Guz
  • Foordy
  • davidp
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Financeguy
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Howie
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.