Woman hurt at NRL star's home- guess the player, then read..

gUt said:
Being too scared to leave is one thing, actively lying to protect the brute that nearly took her eye out is another. If she chooses to do this, she's an idiot.
Not if he was threatening her with further violence...which is usually the case.

Anyway, I don't like all this comparing him to a dog; poor dogs, they are nice loyal loving creatures. How about we compare him to a snake. He is a snake.

How about we leave the animals out of it altogther and just call him a criminal.

mrslong said:
Hammo said:
mrslong said:
If he's found guilty will he actually get jail time? How much time. I reckon something like that deserves a year or something behind bars.

IMO he will get a suspended sentence(around 12-24 months)....which is as weak as piss, but so is the justice system.
yeah i have little faith in it. [icon_non

For GBH? And priors?

I'm still not sure exactly how NSW works, but I've seen 18 year old cleanskins in Brisbane get actual time in prison for glassing someone at a pub. And I believe a few of those were just assault, which is one level down from GBH.

If the charge isn't downgraded & if he's found guilty, I've almost no doubt that he will have to spend some time in custody.

But come on mick! He'll have character witnesses.

Like Matt Johns. He'll testify that "it's not his go". Judge will say "oh, well, that's alright then. Have a lollipop".

'We have told police it's you. How do you feel about that?'

At 7.48am on Sunday, Brent Watson teed off in the NSW Foursomes Championships at Bankstown Golf Club. After the first round, he and playing partner Michael Smyth were one stroke behind the leaders.

But Watson was so distressed after a series of telephone calls with Cronulla superstar Greg Bird in the clubhouse between rounds that he was forced to withdraw after only a handful of holes that afternoon.

Watson had been staying with Bird for the past three weeks in preparation for the NSW amateur titles, wanting to save on petrol money because he lives in the Hunter Valley where he and Bird went to school together.

Now he stands accused by his lifelong friend of glassing Bird's girlfriend Katie Milligan - a claim police have already dismissed.
Source

Hi Kedron_league_fan: good article, I saw it too. In future though, can you only quote part of the article (first 4 or 5 paragraphs is usually sufficient) and include it in quote tags?

Well done posting the source link though, that's the most important thing.

Cheers.

So Watson told the truth? I hope he did, and I hope he kicks Bird in the nuts (or where his nuts would be if he had any) at first opportunity.

Well Watson had way too many witnesses see him at the golf club to go along with it, even if he wanted to.

I hope Watson simply testifies the truth at the trial, that'll be enough to make Greg Bird look like the fuckwit that he is.

Didn't I read somewhere that whilst police were interviewing Watson, he was getting text messages from Bird asking him to cover for him? So even if he was to recant his story, police witnessed what happened in that regard anyway.

How come he kept playing golf after getting a message the woman had been hurt there was blood everywhere etc?

bianc said:
How come he kept playing golf after getting a message the woman had been hurt there was blood everywhere etc?
He was in a professional comp, and I'm sure by that stage they'd gone to the hospital? what could he do? [icon_shru

What was he supposed to do bianc? If the woman was his sister/daughter/girlfriend then fair enough, but this was a mate's girlfriend. I don't know too many people who would leave work or the like if they found out a friend's partner was injured in some way.

He did end up quitting though, he was too distressed to continue.

Emma said:
What was he supposed to do bianc? If the woman was his sister/daughter/girlfriend then fair enough, but this was a mate's girlfriend. I don't know too many people who would leave work or the like if they found out a friend's partner was injured in some way.

He did end up quitting though, he was too distressed to continue.
especially if they'd just accused you of doing it!

Exactly, I wouldn't be too keen on rushing to see someone if they'd just laid the blame on me!

Is Orr gonna cop any flack for his role in this incident?

He bloody well should! He was trying to pervert the course of justice if he was really trying to get Watson to take the rap! Surely he could be charged with something if that's the case?

Was he the guy in charge of Sonny Bill? Almost helps you understand why he didn't trust the guy.

I'm pretty sure it's the same guy - from memory, he's only just been re-registered with the NRL.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Footy Fanatic
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • maddo
  • Mustafur
  • Mr Fourex
  • Ondi
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • mystico
  • GCBRONCO
  • Galah
  • Dash
  • Kev_Guz
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.