Woman hurt at NRL star's home- guess the player, then read..

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
What is Cronulla without Greg Bird? They won't rip it up until the judicial process is done.

If not, it will be as soon as the media put enough pressure on the club.

GO MEDIA!

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Clintos said:
What is Cronulla without Greg Bird? They won't rip it up until the judicial process is done.

If not, it will be as soon as the media put enough pressure on the club.

GO MEDIA!

Answer to that question is Paul Gallen, who will also end up on the sideline suspended or something I am hoping _woohoo_

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ronnyd said:
Coxy said:
Sharks obviously can't tear up his contract until investigations and judicial process is complete.

Why not? Broncos did it to Lacey and Te Reo, IOC did it to D'arcy.. I'd say his contract will be gorne within a week or two!

V. different situations ronnyd.

The Broncos didn't sack the two over the assault. They were sacked for admitting being out at the pub that late or whatever - it was a part of their contract with the club that they abstain from that sort of behaviour and both were repeat offenders. I distinctly remember Bruno and other management figures stating that they would stand by their decision even if both Lacey and Te Reo were found guilty.

Sharks have no choice but to stand him down while this is investigated. Being at his own home wasn't a breach of any clause in his contract, so they simply can't sack him until things are finalised.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
And so he bloody should.

Although the ESL or FrogUnion won't care. However, whether he'll be worth paying money for in 5 years time with severe anal fissures is another question.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
If he's found guilty will he actually get jail time? How much time. I reckon something like that deserves a year or something behind bars.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
mick! said:
ronnyd said:
Coxy said:
Sharks obviously can't tear up his contract until investigations and judicial process is complete.

Why not? Broncos did it to Lacey and Te Reo, IOC did it to D'arcy.. I'd say his contract will be gorne within a week or two!

V. different situations ronnyd.

The Broncos didn't sack the two over the assault. They were sacked for admitting being out at the pub that late or whatever - it was a part of their contract with the club that they abstain from that sort of behaviour and both were repeat offenders. I distinctly remember Bruno and other management figures stating that they would stand by their decision even if both Lacey and Te Reo were found guilty.

Sharks have no choice but to stand him down while this is investigated. Being at his own home wasn't a breach of any clause in his contract, so they simply can't sack him until things are finalised.

Brisbane also conducted a pretty thorough investigation into that incident. Obviously not as high level as police work but it was investigated by the club.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
mrslong said:
If he's found guilty will he actually get jail time? How much time. I reckon something like that deserves a year or something behind bars.

IMO he will get a suspended sentence(around 12-24 months)....which is as weak as piss, but so is the justice system.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Hammo said:
mrslong said:

IMO he will get a suspended sentence(around 12-24 months)....which is as weak as piss, but so is the justice system.
yeah i have little faith in it. [icon_non

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:

apprarently, the prosecutors were saying in court he could facea maxium penalty of 25 years, but i reckon he will only get a suspended sentence or maybe weekend detention.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I don't know. Glassing has become a huge issue, particularly in NSW, and the court system is really punishing people. They may well see this as an opportunity to send a high profile message that it just won't be tolerated.

I would hope he gets jail time.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
What the hell possess a person to glass someone? Is it like in the movies where they smash the glass on the edge of the table and then use the pointy end to stab someone...or do they smash the glass on the face?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I haven't seen it happen so I can't comment. And I hope I never see it happen, or the results. The idea of taking someone's eye out...absolutely and utterly incomprehensible.

L

levikade

NYC Player
Mar 14, 2008
on the topic of glassing on a weekly basis. clubs using plastic cups would be a step in the right direction...

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Hammo said:
Don't be silly, no one has suggested she "deserved" it. We are just saying that maybe she is one of the above said idiots, as she apparantly tried to help Bird pass the buck.
these women aren't idiots, watch what you say. They know no better because their father's beat them up or they're too scared to leave.

My sister was one of the latter....it took a lot of guts for her to leave, but whilst she was with the idiot she was not one. [icon_thumbs_do [icon_non [icon_non [icon_non [icon_thumbs_do [icon_thumbs_do [icon_thumbs_do [icon_thumbs_do [icon_thumbs_do [icon_non [icon_non [icon_non [icon_non [icon_non

I feel for Bird's mrs, she is probably been threatened and scared, maybe she was trying to leave him and look what he's done.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Being too scared to leave is one thing, actively lying to protect the brute that nearly took her eye out is another. If she chooses to do this, she's an idiot.

M

Midgey

QCup Player
Apr 28, 2008
mrslong said:
What the hell possess a person to glass someone? Is it like in the movies where they smash the glass on the edge of the table and then use the pointy end to stab someone...or do they smash the glass on the face?

I'm no doctor, but from the look of the reports she has a broken eye socket and glass in her eye. So to me that suggests a bottle hit her eye while still together, then shattered and lodged in her eye. Pretty messed up really.

I don't see him getting off lightly at all here. He lied to police and they can prove it. That doesn't look good in court. I'm not saying he will definitely get jail time, but its not going to end well for him.

Can't say I didn't see this coming from a dog like him though.

Active Now

• Scorchie
  • Strop
  • Dash
  • LittleDavey
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • broncotville
  • theshed
  • Mustafur
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Manofoneway
  • Bronx48
  • Jazza
  • Scdeac
  • Galah
  • The Boss
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.