Woman hurt at NRL star's home- guess the player, then read..

He's also due to face court over another assault.
Police also gave Bird a summons to attend court in respect of an alleged attack on a 20-year-old woman at a Cronulla nightclub on January 19.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

Apparently his girlfriend had just moved from the US to be with him - nice welcoming present...It's one thing to hit a woman, but to glass someone?? Disgusting.

Innocent until proven guilty.
This has nothing to do with him playing football.
He's not a role model.
Everyone glasses everyone every week but you don't hear about it because they're not famous.

Just pre-empting all the lame arse excuses for this sort of behaviour and defences for not having him rubbed out of the game.

Bird has received a court summons for another incident earlier this year.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4668218a1823.html
"Bird has also been issued a court attendance notice for common assault relating to an alleged incident involving a woman at a nightclub on Cronulla Street in Cronulla on January 19 this year."

I just hope this woman is ok, and hope she doesn't lose her eye.

I can hear Matt Johns now " it's not his go"

Well, from that first article, I thought no info, this is some sort of beat up. However it seems he is in big trouble. If charge, there is no way he will play for the Sharks again this year. In fact, it could be ESL for Bird.

As much as I hate him, I think it's important to keep an open mind and not slander him relentlessly on here. If this was a Bronco, the mood would be very different in here.

P.S. This will mean 08 Sharks are over. Not that they weren't anyway. If we play them in the semis....yay!

Hammo said:
Well, from that first article, I thought no info, this is some sort of beat up. However it seems he is in big trouble. If charge, there is no way he will play for the Sharks again this year. In fact, it could be ESL for Bird.

As much as I hate him, I think it's important to keep an open mind and not slander him relentlessly on here. If this was a Bronco, the mood would be very different in here.

P.S. This will mean 08 Sharks are over. Not that they weren't anyway. If we play them in the semis....yay!

According to the articles he has been charged with maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm. Faces or faced court this morning.

As far as I'm concerned, if the committal hearing sends him to trial he should be stood down for the rest of the season pending the trial outcome.

They didnt' stand Laffranchi down when he was charged, can't see them doing it to Bird...innocent until proven guilty, yada yada yada

Evidence was a bit less compelling in the Laffranchi case, ie, lots of doubts and question marks.

The way the cops are making this look, it's open and shut.

If the Sharks stick by the precedent they set they should sack him.

Remember the name Tevita Latu who punched that girl in the eye they sacked him.

He's been released on bail today after being held in custody last night.
Also he's been ordered not to speak to neighbours who may be witnesses, and has an AVO against him.

It's not looking good.

What kind of **** glasses someone in the eye?

Fucking disgraceful, if he is somehow still allowed to appear in the NRL i hope some big **** off prop knocks him out.

If this is true hope the grub spends a fucking long time in jail.

Dog Act!

Pumba said:
If this is true hope the grub spends a **** long time in jail.

Dog Act!

i was reading in an article, the prosecutor telling the court that the maximum jail term is 25 years

bfoord said:
i was reading in an article, the prosecutor telling the court that the maximum jail term is 25 years

So he'll get a 24 month suspended sentence. Would have been 12, however he has a prior assault.

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.