World Club Challenge

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
So the Storm fly out to England today. But the thing that gets me is - didn't Manly win last year? So shouldn't it be in Australia this year? I always thought the country of the reigning WCC winners hosted the match.

nah as far as i know its always over there. They made it that way i little while ago. Maybe its th only way they can have an advantage. Them over here in our heat. . . Ha ha ha ha ha.

Well I remember we beat St Helens in England after the 92 premiership and then after the 93 premiership we played Wigan here.

yeah i remember that. I think that yas the last time though.

Flutterby said:
Well I remember we beat St Helens in England after the 92 premiership and then after the 93 premiership we played Wigan here.

Nope, we beat Wigan in 1992 (with an ORSM brawl at one point too IIRC) and lost to Wigan here in 1994.

Yeah cause the Eng clubs have always won it since then I think. Doesn't really matter cause it would have been in Melb if it was here anyway - I just thought the country of the defending champs got to host

Nah seems to always be in England, mainly because they don't want to come to Australia to play, and it usually has to be early in the year. But their season starts in January/February, so it'd interrupt their competition to have them fly here and back.

Really? Still? I thought they changed their season dates to run pretty close to the same as us now.

Nah, they still start early (Leeds Rhinos just lost a premiership game apparently) and their GF is one week after ours.

I was saying to QLDER earlier today, the best scenario would be for their comp to have their GF the same day as ours and then play the WCC a week or two later, alternating between Australia and England.

It's mickey mouse as it is. Teams are different (players come and go at season's end), they're not in the same form they were when they won the comp, NRL clubs generally treat it as a trial.

Yep that would def be best way to do it.

do it the Week before the 4Nations in the country that is Hosting the 4 Nations.

Flutterby said:

I was at that game, the chant was going around ANZ it was awesome.

World cup challenge is garbage imo.

I just wished Locky won one so it woudln't be the only achievement he coudln't manage in his career. (not too late)

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.