World Cup 2014 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Now, what do I make of this game?

It was strange for me watching this game because I support both sides. Netherlands because I am Dutch, Australia because I was born here.

I was extremely pleased with the performance of Australia and I thought they deserved the win more. A lot of people, myself included, were expecting Netherlands to walk all over them, but they didn't. They kept fighting until the very end and came close to winning that game. I actually thought Australia were the better side. Unfortunately, they just don't have the class to take advantage of those moments that can turn the tide of a game.

I'm pleased that Netherlands won, but I think Australia deserved it more.

It was an exciting match, and worth staying up for.

Last edited:
LOL!!! @ Spain.

They are officially out of the World Cup after a 2-0 loss to Chile. Netherlands and Chile are through to the Round of 16.

Fanfuckingtastic performance by our boys, again dreadful goal keeping that lost us the game.

would have a loved a 2/2 draw

How good would it be for us to finish ahead of spain ... and that is a real possibility. if we can manage a draw against Spain, we will finish ahead of them on the group table.

Is there any possibility of still progressing or is it impossible now?

I hope we dominate Spain so we can at least walk away with a win, a bit sad that we will never see Cahill again in a world cup, what an absolutely brilliant player.

Netherlands and chile are both on 6pts
we are no hope as we only have one game left with a maximum possibility of 3 pts at the most.

love the fact we're playing attacking football and scoring goals and threatening ... that's what you get with Ange in charge.

Fanfuckingtastic performance by our boys, again dreadful goal keeping that lost us the game.

would have a loved a 2/2 draw

I don't think the goal keeper can take most of the blame, to be honest.

The first goal, yeah that was dreadful.

The second goal, Van Persie is a brilliant striker, one of the best and he is impossible to stop at that range. I would blame the defenders more for allowing the pass to get through them.

The 3rd goal, I don't blame him much for that. The ball was going straight to him and he had committed to that, then it just took a wicked curve and it fooled him.

I'm not saying he can't take any blame, but I would blame the defenders more for allowing these moments to happen. I would also blame the strikers and midfielders that had chances to more points on and fucked it up.

Last edited:
England out, woowwwwww.

England suck at everything.

I don't think the goal keeper can take most of the blame, to be honest.

The first goal, yeah that was dreadful.

The second goal, Van Persie is a brilliant striker, one of the best and he is impossible to stop at that range. I would blame the defenders more for allowing the pass to get through them.

The 3rd goal, I don't blame him much for that. The ball was going straight to him and he had committed to that, then it just took a wicked curve and it fooled him.

I'm not saying he can't take any blame, but I would blame the defenders more for allowing these moments to happen. I would also blame the strikers and midfielders that had chances to more points on and fucked it up.

That third goal was horrible. Should be saving that shot everytime at this level.

Still, not as bad as Igor Akinfeev! That's the most I've laughed at a keeper since Enckleman.

Akinfeev used to be one of my first signings on FM 2006!

I made sure I had him for FUT! Awesome for my Russian League team.

Switzerland vs France has been thoroughly entertaining!

Can't believe they blew the whistle for the Benzema goal. Or that he missed the penalty. Not. Happy. Jan.

Can't believe they blew the whistle for the Benzema goal. Or that he missed the penalty. Not. Happy. Jan.

Nor am I, because I had some money on him after your recommendation!

England confirmed gone and Costa Rica the surprise of the tournament so far.

Thanks for the update [MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION], it's so difficult to find out news and information about the World Cup. :biggrin:

Are Portugal going to be able to handle the mighty USA on Monday morning?

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.