World Cup 2014 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Nor am I, because I had some money on him after your recommendation!

Annoying as ****! He should have had 3 against Honduras but hit the post and then the keeper in what should have been a rather simple finish. Then the missed penalty today and the goal that was literally 1 second too late. Could easily have 6 by now and realistically at least 4!

Here's hoping Muller gets headbutter again but this time he has to go off injured for two weeks! At this point I think it is between Muller, Messi, Neymar, Robben and Benzema. RVP is suspended and if Chile win he'll face Brazil next.

Thanks for the update @Porthoz , it's so difficult to find out news and information about the World Cup. :biggrin:

Are Portugal going to be able to handle the mighty USA on Monday morning?
Haha, you're so funny... :thefinger:

The way this tournament is going, anything is possible, but if they don't demolish the yankees, they might as well go home with their tails between their legs.

I don't know about their tails but I'd be willing to bet a fair bit of money they'll be going home with Ronaldo's hang between their legs!

**** this World Cup is hard to predict - just like any old World Cup I guess!

Argentina beat Iran in the dying minutes, and then freakin' Ghana who couldn't even beat USA, draw with the team that demolished Portugal.

To top it all off, Nigeria are currently beating Bosnia and Herzegovina!

Nothing like the unpredictability of a World Cup.

Dzeko offside call was so wrong. It wasn't even a close call.

How can you trust in a game which somehow goes for 94 minutes instead of 90?

I understand the injury time concept, but the official clock should stop during these injuries/stoppages, so that the game's actually finishing on 90 minutes. Or even have a running count of how much time will be added.

Otherwise, it's open to abuse in a sport which has freely admitted problems with match fixing.

But, well done to Portugal for sticking in there to the end. Play hard and you'll get the result, plus [MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION] must have nearly had a heart attack :p

Don't know much about the game mate, was just reading the FIFA live blog at work. Certainly not suggesting Portugal did anything wrong, just that it's a strange condition that everyone seems to accept!

Really love the World Cup, it's great to see so many countries and games on in a short period of time. Just good sports viewing (unless you're in Australia and it's all over before breakfast!)

How can you trust in a game which somehow goes for 94 minutes instead of 90?

Our game is supposed to only go for 40mins a half and you still get teams scoring after the whistle should have been blown - happened twice this year already.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Suarez!

Didn't see the games today but disappointed Benzema didn't score =(

Suarez banned for 4 months, won't be available until the game against Newcastle.

This is an awesome game, anyone else watching this?

Hulk best player on field for mine, followed by Sanchez, then Neymar.

1 all going to extra time real soon.

I'll need a few replays to be sure, but I seriously think Hulk was unfairly denied a goal.

Last edited:
And one of the moves Chile pulled off around the 60 minute mark was simply marvelous to watch, only a really good save from Cesar prevented that goal.

Definitely looked like a goal to me. Hulk has been very good so far, but I thought Neymar has gone missing.

A few close ones from Neymar but has disappeared after that. Hulk made another incredible run with the ball and a very good kick during ET. If anyone from Brazil deserves a winning goal, it's him. 7 minutes remaining, still locked up. I'm nervous.

Wow, Chile take a shot with seconds left and it hammers the crossbar and bounces back. Would've been a heart breaking loss had it went in.

Now it's penalty shoot outs, these are always hard to watch.

Wow Cesar saves two in a row. William completely misses his shot.

Brazil win! 3-2 on penalties, the last miss from Chile hit the post, came back across the face and out. That's literally as narrow a winning margin as possible.

Active Now

• Rookie Alan
  • Financeguy
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • Cavalo
  • broncs30
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Brotherdu
  • Volvo Driver
  • ezpz
  • Redux
  • Battler
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosMan
  • Wolfie
  • kman
  • RodF
  • Broncorob
... and 38 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.