World Cup 2014 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
And it's on!

Some early drama with Marcelo conceding an own goal. Croatia up 1-0 15 minutes in.

I have to go to work after the first half :(

I had to go to work :( would have loved to stag and update the thread.

Anyway Brazil win 2-1 with a controversial penalty. From what I saw, Brazil were dominating possession but Croatia were not too bad. Neymars goal was more bad luck than mad defence and the other was a penalty. In saying that they only really scored off Marcelo's own goal. The better team won.

Refereeing was a disaster, but overall OMGOMGOMG WORLD CUP HAS STARTED!! I'm so fkn pumped.

63 more games to watch in the next month, I'm going to watch them all. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS. Best tournament in the world for the best sport in the world.

As for the game. I think Neymar should have been sent off for elbowing Modric. He was looking at him the whole time, it was blatant. No way they send off the poster boy of the tournament within the first 30 minutes of the opening game of a home tournament. the crowd would have rioted. 2 minutes later, he scores.

The penalty shouldn't have been a penalty. Fred went down way too easy. I thought Julio Cesar wasn't fouled for Croatia's cancelled out goal.

Basically the ref was Hometown Harry and Croatia got dudded.

They will still go through, I reckon we would even beat Mexico and Cameroon.

I wish I could watch all the games but I have work :( I'm so excited though, I love the world cup!

I wish I could watch all the games but I have work :( I'm so excited though, I love the world cup!

Same! Have Monday off so I can watch Argentina game at least. Will try and watch most of them but not sure I'll bother with Mexico and Cameroon. Stoked for the group B matches though!

I've got every game on record besides Cameroon and Mexico, haha, that game doesn't interest me at all.

At least I can watch the Sunday game...

I absolutely love the World Cup.

Not going to see a whole lot of it this year though unfortunately, due to work.

I reckon we should have a match thread for the game against Chile tomorrow!

I'm not really into watching soccer but I hope those footballroos do better than everyone expects them to!

How often are women like this shown on the broadcast? Could definitely peak my... interest.
1907374_10154202362075652_4690118619033613229_n.jpg

I'm not really into watching soccer but I hope those footballroos do better than everyone expects them to!

How often are women like this shown on the broadcast? Could definitely peak my... interest.
1907374_10154202362075652_4690118619033613229_n.jpg

Laughed my ass off when that popped up on FB earlier.

I absolutely love the World Cup.

Not going to see a whole lot of it this year though unfortunately, due to work.

I reckon we should have a match thread for the game against Chile tomorrow!

I will be at Pig n Whistle in the city for the game. I'm daring to dream that we can get a point!

Not the ending we deserved, but to see all that diving from Chile and zero in response from us plus the time wasting when Chile were in possession in the last 10 minutes just reaffirms my dislike of soccer.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.