World Cup Teams.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
gah, was copy and pasting from an earlier team and totally didn't notice that selection. Not surprising, though. Slater to FB, Prince to bench.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Darius Boyd believed that Sam and K were left out of the squad due to the sex scandal. So he rang the Australian selectors to confirm that's why he was left out of the squad too.

The selectors replied that they had never intended Boyd to be involved with the world cup squad.

Boyd told them "yeah, that's what she said".

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Darius Boyd believed that Sam and K were left out of the squad due to the sex scandal. So he rang the Australian selectors to confirm that's why he was left out of the squad too.

The selectors replied that they had never intended Boyd to be involved with the world cup squad.

Boyd told them "yeah, that's what she said".

..What [eusa_eh

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
The beautiful thing about this team is that there is no EELS! LOL! No Jarryd Hayne! WOOHOOOOO!

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
The beautiful thing about this team is that there is no EELS! LOL! No Jarryd Hayne! WOOHOOOOO!

Hayne said about a month ago that if he didn't get picked, he'll look to switch to Fiji. Hope they tell him to shove it.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Way too light on in the forwards.

Australia and NSW have a real lack of depth at prop. Nate Myles should have been there can cover both fairly well.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Absolute diabolical squad IMO. So what if Manly won the Premiership Watmough is a liability IMO.. WTF is the go with Fitzgibbon being selected!! Myles should be in the side thats is for sure..

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
yeah Myles is one of the best forwards going around. Him and Thaiday deserved a spot, and they have the experience and combination with Smith from Origin. Watmaugh will be lost without Orfull.

F

fenomeno

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Smith seems to combine very well with Thaiday..... :P

S

Sabu_2008

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
Was out at the airport today, and the Kiwis all flew in from Sydney, and in Greg Eastwood's case, Brisbane. Had a chat to a few of the boys, including Eastwood, and they all seemed excited and ready to go.

Its interesting watching these guys, they all laugh and joke around like best mates. Sometimes its that sort of chemistry that can win you the crucial games. I'm struggling to see how some of those Melbounre guys will gel with the others, considering their antics this season.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It didn't affect the State of Origin team. Bulk of them were from the Storm and they all performed fine. It won't be a problem. Players don't tend to bag other players, just the club/team they play for.

S

Sabu_2008

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
^^Yeah fair call Coxy. I'm looking forward to the tournament though. I dont give a sh*t about how people say its a second rate comp, with two teams dominating, the rest being filled with rejects. Its going to be awesome to watch.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I hope people take it as it is. A celebration of rugby league. It doesn't matter that it's Australia vs someone in the final, the games between the minnows (Fiji, PNG, New Zealand ;-) ) will be fun to watch.

C

cam

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
i, for one, cannot wait for arguably the dumbest player in rugby league today, Paul Gallen, to take the field for the mighty Kangaroos and combine with other seasoned idiots Michael Crocker & Anthony Watmough in what might be the dumest back row in Australian Rugby League history, in this.... the centenary year.... of the greatest game of all.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
laaaaaame how can i support that side when i hate nearly everyone in it.

i may support beastwood and the kiwis!

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
cam said:
i, for one, cannot wait for arguably the dumbest player in rugby league today, Paul Gallen, to take the field for the mighty Kangaroos and combine with other seasoned idiots Michael Crocker & Anthony Watmough in what might be the dumest back row in Australian Rugby League history, in this.... the centenary year.... of the greatest game of all.

Crocker won't be in the team. He's ESL.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • broncsgoat
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • broncos4life
  • eazy-duzzit
  • broncs30
  • Organix
  • Galah
  • simplythebest
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Santa
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Rookie Alan
  • thenry
  • Waynesaurus
  • Kev_Guz
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.