Worst Player in the NRL

John Sutton would have to be close. Shift back to 5/8 tommorow = destined for a howler

There's a journo who runs his own blog called makingthenut.com - get on it if you don't already.
He runs a "Willie M medal" each season for worst player each game ala Dally M Points. Quality.

http://makingthenut.com/the-2017-willie-m-medal-round-7/

Kyle Feldt is leading by a country mile this season.

Been following Tedeschi for a long while. Despite being a Bulldogs supporter (likes the Bulldogs, hates the Eels etc) he's pretty spot on with his thoughts about 90% of the time.

One awesome shocker though was in 2008. It's since been deleted but it referred to a young Broncos winger who would "most certainly follow in a long line of mediocre Broncos wingers". The player he was talking about was JYY.

Been following Tedeschi for a long while. Despite being a Bulldogs supporter (likes the Bulldogs, hates the Eels etc) he's pretty spot on with his thoughts about 90% of the time.

One awesome shocker though was in 2008. It's since been deleted but it referred to a young Broncos winger who would "most certainly follow in a long line of mediocre Broncos wingers". The player he was talking about was JYY.
Yep, 90% of the time he is right, but when he's wrong he's really wrong. (Ricky Stuart's coaching at the Raiders come to mind, but unlike other Journo's he admits when he's wrong). I love the crusades he goes on - Ben Pomeroy the special needs penguin was a particular favourite of mine, his war vs Ben Roberts, his observations on inept NRL Boards.
He is currently death riding Laurie Daley and it's glorious.

Yep, 90% of the time he is right, but when he's wrong he's really wrong. (Ricky Stuart's coaching at the Raiders come to mind, but unlike other Journo's he admits when he's wrong). I love the crusades he goes on - Ben Pomeroy the special needs penguin was a particular favourite of mine, his war vs Ben Roberts, his observations on inept NRL Boards.
He is currently death riding Laurie Daley and it's glorious.

Oh yeah, loved the Penguin. He always picks on someone, obviously I loved it when Sticky was coaching the Eels.

Nothing beats the Lance Thompson falcon. What's-his-name even sees him falling, but for some reason, like because he's already tapped it he's committed, he passes it straight to the top of his head anyway. As if it was somehow just going to work out in the end. Fucking hilarious.

Nothing beats the Lance Thompson falcon. What's-his-name even sees him falling, but for some reason, like because he's already tapped it he's committed, he passes it straight to the top of his head anyway. As if it was somehow just going to work out in the end. Fucking hilarious.

Well it got the stage of the game where they just didn't give a crap about it and as funny as it is personally if I was a coach and my players did that, they wouldn't be playing next week that is for sure regardless of the margin.

Well it got the stage of the game where they just didn't give a crap about it and as funny as it is personally if I was a coach and my players did that, they wouldn't be playing next week that is for sure regardless of the margin.

Brown. Nathan Brown?

Thought long and hard about this.

Some players are just average players, they are no frills but they do the job and they are forever adequate. That's ok.

Some players are extremely inconsistent, they are capable of a few moments of magic but also some deadset shockers. That's not ok, but understandable, few players play at a high level of consistency.

Some players aren't actually that bad, but they've gotten a reputation at some point that snowballs way outta control. Braith Anasta is a good example of that.

But some players, you just can't understand what they bring to a team, and how they can continually be selected or attract offers from other clubs. That player is Moses M'Bye. He is woeful. Can you remember anything he has ever done? My point exactly.

Some players are just average players, they are no frills but they do the job and they are forever adequate. That's ok.

Some players are extremely inconsistent, they are capable of a few moments of magic but also some deadset shockers. That's not ok, but understandable, few players play at a high level of consistency.

Some players aren't actually that bad, but they've gotten a reputation at some point that snowballs way outta control. Braith Anasta is a good example of that.

That's a really accurate assessment, I'm adding it to the pool room next to Morkel's post about Corey Norman.

On Mbye, he has been awful for the better part of 18 months. There was a period of time where he was quite a strong runner of the football and had a solid short distance kicking game but it's been absent for a long time.

There was a game the other week against the Roosters where he threw a great pass to Morris to score the opening try. Unfortunately for Mbye, it seemed like he clocked out then and there and continued his pet play of simply turning the ball inside.

Totally agree on Mbye, before I watched a game of him I kept reading how he was in line to be the next QLD half, but every Bulldogs have I've watched he's done absolutely nothing. In 2 games I've watched of Frawley I've been far more impressed

Even worse, he just goes missing. I have a pet theory that Hasler's whole tenure has been a Manly inside job on the Bulldogs.

Btw, it was Hopoate that blew that game. If he'd just passed the ball, the Bulldogs were in in the corner and up by 10-12 with 5 to go. Instead they couldn't force the dropout and the Sharks went 100m to score.

That's a really accurate assessment, I'm adding it to the pool room next to Morkel's post about Corey Norman.

On Mbye, he has been awful for the better part of 18 months. There was a period of time where he was quite a strong runner of the football and had a solid short distance kicking game but it's been absent for a long time.

There was a game the other week against the Roosters where he threw a great pass to Morris to score the opening try. Unfortunately for Mbye, it seemed like he clocked out then and there and continued his pet play of simply turning the ball inside.

I don't share well.

On Mbye, did he play for a time while Ennis was still there? I have a vague recollection of him playing really well a few years ago, maybe even beside Hodkinson (Or Jeynolds, one of those two may have been injured), but ever since Lichaa's been hooker Mbye has been awful.

Michael Lichaa must be close.
yeah he's not much better. but i don't even know what mbye is supposed to be. halves? hooker? bench utility? whatever he is, he is rubbish.

to think bulldogs got rid of hodkinson and ennis to fit in lichaa and mbye. lol

Last edited:
Michael Lichaa must be close.

After his current deal he will end up in Super League imo. Not an NRL player. Bulldogs are paying him too much not to play him imo.

He is slow and his service is too slow. He is the handbrake on the whole Bulldogs attack.

Active Now

• mystico
  • ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • MrMoore
  • Spoon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.