VOTE Would you be ok with Lodge as captain?

Should Matt Lodge Be Captain

• Yes

Votes: 85 63.9%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 25.6%

• Total voters
Would prefer Alex Glenn currently. Lodge should really focus on being a forward leader for our younger generation and the wounds still haven't healed from his prior discretions. He has only been at the club for 2 years lets not forget. If we could get two years out of Glenn as captain, then it might be time to hand the reigns over to him. I don't think he needs to responsibility in his life at the moment that carries being captain.

I was well aware of the subtleties and correctly selected the usage that was germane. This was evidenced by the response.
If you were aware of the multiple, valid, uses of the word then why would you correct somebody who had not made any error?

Any chance this is a smoke screen to take the heat off boyd? What else would generate more interest than shitting all over the current captain

Just looking at the poll results and with the understanding that it is a small sample size I see that acceptance runs at around 70% while rejection is approximately 20% . Allowing a split of 50/50 on the undecided we end up with 3 to 1 in favour. That's a pretty strong endorsement on a controversial topic. I'm not saying sponsors would vote the same way but it's quite interesting nonetheless.

I have asked a number of Broncos fans who come into my work what their opinions are and not one person has been in favour of Lodge being captain.

I think if a similar poll was offered to the wider Brisbane fanbase it would yield different results.

I am mind blown by how many of you lads on the forum are in favour of this happening.

If you were aware of the multiple, valid, uses of the word then why would you correct somebody who had not made any error?
Err, because it's not an irrelevant argument. The second usage doesn't apply because it's still being debated. It might be an irrelevance in the mind of the poster but that's an assumption that the matter has been decided.

It’s a moot point anyway, no fucking chance it happens.
Just for clarity, you do know that 'moot' means 'subject to debate, dispute or uncertainty'.
I did think it meant ‘not worth discussing further’ and that’s what I’ve always thought. Ya got me.
Err, because it's not an irrelevant argument. The second usage doesn't apply because it's still being debated. It might be an irrelevance in the mind of the poster but that's an assumption that the matter has been decided.
The original post correctly uses moot in the context of being irrelevant because there's "no fucking chance it happens." If you wanted to dispute the point you could have done so instead of holding forth on the true meaning of moot and then congratulating broncsgoat on accepting your supposed correction in the appropriate spirit - advice you yourself might benefit from.

Slapping Finucane in the storm scrum springs to mind 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think Lodge's natural stance is aggression, when that red mist comes down he will always revert to that in the heat of the moment. I think that's when those silly penalties and moments you speak of come into play a bit more.

I think Lodge's natural stance is aggression, when that red mist comes down he will always revert to that in the heat of the moment. I think that's when those silly penalties and moments you speak of come into play a bit more.
Yeah, I’d give him another year at least before handing him the C. Just my opinion.

I'd like to think we can forgive a man for making terrible mistakes as a younger man. That said being Captain of the Broncos is supposed to be a pretty big deal in this town. I don't think Matt Lodge deserves to stand beside the likes of Alfie, Kevvie, Tallis, Locky. That said we've just had to sit through a few seasons of Darius Boyd as captain.

I don't like it at all that Lodge is even playing at the Broncos and really don't like the idea of him being captain but there is a lot of good people at the Broncos who think he is the man for the job.

Yeah, I’d give him another year at least before handing him the C. Just my opinion.

If Boyd is stripped / won't play 15 games, who would you pick instead of Lodge?

If Lodge isn't the way, I hope it's Glenn for his 1 - 2 remaining years and see what options are available then.

If Boyd is stripped / won't play 15 games, who would you pick instead of Lodge?

If Lodge isn't the way, I hope it's Glenn for his 1 - 2 remaining years and see what options are available then.
Yeah, Glenn 100%. Hopefully Boyd is stripped. I’d rather lodge than Boyd that’s for sure.

Lodge plays about 50 minutes a game, can we add Langer to the thread vote? he spends almost 80 min on the field EVERY game and is NEVER injured

The original post correctly uses moot in the context of being irrelevant because there's "no fucking chance it happens." If you wanted to dispute the point you could have done so instead of holding forth on the true meaning of moot and then congratulating broncsgoat on accepting your supposed correction in the appropriate spirit - advice you yourself might benefit from.
Yeah, well that's just your opinion man.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • bert_lifts
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Lurker
  • The True King
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morepudding
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Socnorb
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Bucking Beads
  • barker
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.