RUMOUR Would you take Corey Norman back if he is cut by Eels?

CLYDESDALE

CLYDESDALE

U18 Player
Apr 9, 2013
With the Eels in the hunt for Foran, if successful they will be cutting Corey Norman whom has been underwhelming for them to say the least.
Wayne Bennet has always been fan of Corey, would you be happy to see him back if he came at the right price?
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. For some reason, I still rate Corey. I'd have like to have seen more of Hunt + Norman together while he was here. But the issue is where do you play him? Milf is our 6, Boyd is here for the next few years at least, Hunt has a lock on the 7 for the foreseeable future. We still have the Niko brothers, Taylor and Nicholls (I like the guy) even in our top squad. Then Gagai Jnr in the 20's so there's a few names there that I doubt the club wants to lose. We all love a returning son, but I don't see it becoming possibly viable for the next 3-5 years.

No fucking way. That guy is going nowhere.

There is no place for him at the club unless he is happy going back to being a depth player.

Not unless his attitude has changed a lot and he wants to play centre or back row (he's a ball runner and he has some size to him).

Remember that our current captain left us to go to Sydney in similar circumstances (he wanted to be a fullback as I recall)...

Potential backline

Boyd
Gagai
Norman
Hodges
Copley
Milford
Hunt

.......not bad

I don't know what his position is tbh.. I'd rather Beale back than him.

Not unless his attitude has changed a lot and he wants to play centre or back row (he's a ball runner and he has some size to him).

Remember that our current captain left us to go to Sydney in similar circumstances (he wanted to be a fullback as I recall)...

Potential backline

Boyd
Gagai
Norman
Hodges
Copley
Milford
Hunt

.......not bad

Norman at center over Copley ... That'll do me

I wouldn't want him back even if he was for free and it was just for depth.
We already dodged a bullet getting rid of him once, lets quit while we are ahead.

This year will be interesting for Norman. He was flat last year with Hayne, I can't see him improving without Hayne.

His Broncos debut was brilliant but has been pretty shit ever since, I wanted him gone but still think he could have something under Bennett. Pretty indifferent to it.

If he has a good season this year I wouldn't mind him coming back, then again we have some pretty decent halves coming through the ranks - i wouldn't risk it.

No. He was useless in the majority of games he played. He's a shit **** of a player.

I think he could be a great centre or back rower if he bulked up.

Hunt, Milford and Boyd for the next 3 years thanks.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • MrMoore
  • davidp
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Harry Sack
  • Culhwch
  • mystico
  • azza.79
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Skathen
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.