RUMOUR Would you take Corey Norman back if he is cut by Eels?

Norman is a hack who couldn't take one for the team. I will laugh so hard if the eels sign Foran and drop him. He reminds me of that little spoilt brat who throws a temper tantrum every time something doesn't go his way

Never forget going to Parra to watch Broncos vs Eels after he had signed with them. Eels kick on the 5th, average kick, easy pick up by Norman at FB, room to run forward, throws a shithouse pass to the winger for no real reason which either went forward or was knocked on. Had to reign in my comments as my mates kids were there!

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope and did I mention NOPE! Rather **** a spider then have him back.

Nope. Parra can try him at fullback, but I doubt he'd even get the gig there. With DCE going, Foran staying is now very likely anyway.

Never forget going to Parra to watch Broncos vs Eels after he had signed with them. Eels kick on the 5th, average kick, easy pick up by Norman at FB, room to run forward, throws a shithouse pass to the winger for no real reason which either went forward or was knocked on. Had to reign in my comments as my mates kids were there!

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope and did I mention NOPE! Rather **** a spider then have him back.

Hodgey gave him an absolute gobful for it and you know what? It was absolutely deserved and I reckon he said a lot of things Broncos fans would have wanted to.

I remember that game well. We had just been beaten by a pretty hot Souths line-up and this was shaping to be one of those games where the Broncos make ammends. Instead, they got embarrassed and that was when fans wanted to see the back of Norman despite him being one of our best in recent weeks.

Sadly our backline depth was so poor then that options would be really limited.

I had a chuckle to myself when after he was dropped from the NRL team ... He still had to play fullback in the ISC

Sticky would want him at the Raiders ................and no doubt offer him some stupid high amount of money.

Never forget going to Parra to watch Broncos vs Eels after he had signed with them. Eels kick on the 5th, average kick, easy pick up by Norman at FB, room to run forward, throws a ****house pass to the winger for no real reason which either went forward or was knocked on. Had to reign in my comments as my mates kids were there!

I'd rather hold the spider down for you than have him back

If Foran signs with Parra, Manly will need a replacement half :tongue:

The Eels fans call him Corey 'weekend at Bernies' Norman, or the deer in the headlights, he has nothing to offer in attack in the oppositions half except waiving a hand behind his back calling the support left or right, and its so obvious its just not effective, he is so easy to read and form a game plan for, he's a dream 5/8 to coach against.
He is the greatest 5/8 the eels have had since Adam Dykes and that didnt end well for them, nearly as good as their Carl Webb, justin Poore, Bob Linder and Gary Larson signings.
I watched him closely last year, watched basically every game as im a pig for my RL and he was really poor, he just offered nothing week in week out except for one good pass or kick a game, he lacks the most important thing for a 5/8, thats vision, anticipation, and awareness, and those things are very hard to teach, the good halves are born with it, you see their talent and vision as children, if you dont have it by the age of 20 your never going to have it.

He is also very poor decision maker, theres no way he is suited to a halves role now or in the future.
The Eels signed him on big money, nearly 500k was the real figure, they have to pay 20% more than market for anybody lol theres no way they will want to re-sign him on that, and they have Hoppa playing his preferred position of FB, theres no way he could out the new young gun eels back rowers if he was to make a change to the back of the pack (i dont think he could anyway), Parra will cut him after this season for sure to free up a lot of cash.

From what ive heard, Waynes a big fan and will be all over him when he is let go at parra.

And its all going to end in tears.

The Eels fans call him Corey 'weekend at Bernies' Norman, or the deer in the headlights, he has nothing to offer in attack in the oppositions half except waiving a hand behind his back calling the support left or right, and its so obvious its just not effective, he is so easy to read and form a game plan for, he's a dream 5/8 to coach against.
He is the greatest 5/8 the eels have had since Adam Dykes and that didnt end well for them, nearly as good as their Carl Webb, justin Poore, Bob Linder and Gary Larson signings.
I watched him closely last year, watched basically every game as im a pig for my RL and he was really poor, he just offered nothing week in week out except for one good pass or kick a game, he lacks the most important thing for a 5/8, thats vision, anticipation, and awareness, and those things are very hard to teach, the good halves are born with it, you see their talent and vision as children, if you dont have it by the age of 20 your never going to have it.

He is also very poor decision maker, theres no way he is suited to a halves role now or in the future.
The Eels signed him on big money, nearly 500k was the real figure, they have to pay 20% more than market for anybody lol theres no way they will want to re-sign him on that, and they have Hoppa playing his preferred position of FB, theres no way he could out the new young gun eels back rowers if he was to make a change to the back of the pack (i dont think he could anyway), Parra will cut him after this season for sure to free up a lot of cash.

From what ive heard, Waynes a big fan and will be all over him when he is let go at parra.

And its all going to end in tears.

I'm sure Wayne is a big fan of a lot of players. But he is also aware of how many players can fit on a field.

With the Eels in the hunt for Foran, if successful they will be cutting Corey Norman whom has been underwhelming for them to say the least.
Wayne Bennet has always been fan of Corey, would you be happy to see him back if he came at the right price?
cheers
Yes, but look at how he has linked with J Paulo. They have shown signs of brilliance in attack.

Yes, but look at how he has linked with J Paulo. They have shown signs of brilliance in attack.

Watching Joe Paulo and Corey Norman playing off each other is like watching two mud crabs doing a sideways mating dance in a very muddy mangrove swamp, its not pretty, and theres a hell of a lot of sideways movement and waiving the arms around the place.

Watching Joe Paulo and Corey Norman playing off each other is like watching two mud crabs doing a sideways mating dance in a very muddy mangrove swamp, its not pretty, and theres a hell of a lot of sideways movement and waiving the arms around the place.
LOL

I'm sure Wayne is a big fan of a lot of players. But he is also aware of how many players can fit on a field.

I think Wayne thinks he is going to get him on the cheap, to be honest i dont think he will last the year in 1st grade at Parra, they have a young 5/8 with big wraps in Matterson, Brad Arthur was stuck with Corey from Ricky Stuart, Corey doesnt suit Arthurs style of play, he will blood this Matterson before the years out at 5/8, Wayne will be onto Corey in a flash, Wayne has already been in talks with CN's manager and Coreys manager has been actively shopping him around with a preference to QLD clubs , thats been confirmed.
Ive no doubt Wayne will be looking to grab the scraps like a sea gull stealing a chip out of your hand at the beach, he has a record of taking a few players that others dont see potential in and getting the best out of them, and i dont think any clubs will be offering big bucks for Norman.

cheers

Sticky will ... He has form for offering big money to average players

I think he'd make a very good centre personally, in saying that I don't want him back. He'd head off to the SL in my opinion.

I think Wayne thinks he is going to get him on the cheap, to be honest i dont think he will last the year in 1st grade at Parra, they have a young 5/8 with big wraps in Matterson, Brad Arthur was stuck with Corey from Ricky Stuart, Corey doesnt suit Arthurs style of play, he will blood this Matterson before the years out at 5/8, Wayne will be onto Corey in a flash, Wayne has already been in talks with CN's manager and Coreys manager has been actively shopping him around with a preference to QLD clubs , thats been confirmed.
Ive no doubt Wayne will be looking to grab the scraps like a sea gull stealing a chip out of your hand at the beach, he has a record of taking a few players that others dont see potential in and getting the best out of them, and i dont think any clubs will be offering big bucks for Norman.

cheers

im sure wayne will sign him and play him in qld cup where he belongs because I cant see him usurping boyd, milford or hunt

He's not a prop, winger or hooker and he won't sign for minimum wage. So no.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Rambstien
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dazza 92
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncos4life
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Fitzy
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.