Votes: 78 52.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • Other - state your reasons

Votes: 7 4.7%

• Total voters
Would have been good to have him back but glad we didn't spend that kind of coin on a second row. Good on the Titans for being stupid enough to spend that much outside of the spine.
We don't know how much we offered yet tbf.

im sad we cant have him but im glad we didnt overpay

let's focus on the spine a little more plz

@The Don - Congrats on re-signing the guy, you guys are building nicely.

I like that we will get to see if the Boyd-Fifita connection from lower grades translates to first grade.

On a side note, out of Weaver and Sexton, who do you think your club will prioritise?

Dang, oh well.

@The Don - Congrats on re-signing the guy, you guys are building nicely.

I like that we will get to see if the Boyd-Fifita connection from lower grades translates to first grade.

On a side note, out of Weaver and Sexton, who do you think your club will prioritise?
Weaver I'd say based on the second trial. I like Sexton but he's just too slow honestly. He would need to realistically be almost flawless in other areas of his game to overcome that which isn't going to be easy for a young half. It'd be good to see him go to Brisbane actually as I reckon Reynolds would be about the best player for him to learn off in terms of the skills he needs. I don't feel like we have a player that could effectively teach him the game he needs to play to be quality at NRL level.

Weaver I'd say based on the second trial. I like Sexton but he's just too slow honestly. He would need to realistically be almost flawless in other areas of his game to overcome that which isn't going to be easy for a young half. It'd be good to see him go to Brisbane actually as I reckon Reynolds would be about the best player for him to learn off in terms of the skills he needs. I don't feel like we have a player that could effectively teach him the game he needs to play to be quality at NRL level.

Yeah I agree, I would be looking to lock down Weaver longish term if I were you guys, he looks an absolute gun in the making.

Glad we didn't end up screwing our cap moving forward. At the right price he would have been good for us. Overpaying forwards is madness. Just need to get Haas and Carrigan signed up longer term and trust Ikin to find us a moneyball bargain like Jensen and Tapau or cover like Zac Hoskins for example.

There is no confirmation we even tabled him a deal or offered him anything. I think Jordan Rikki had his best game Defensively against Penrith and is slowly becoming less of a liability with his discipline and ball control. I've been largely unimpressed with Piakura on the other hand however he may take some time to grow into his skin.

Glad we didn't end up screwing our cap moving forward. At the right price he would have been good for us. Overpaying forwards is madness. Just need to get Haas and Carrigan signed up longer term and trust Ikin to find us a moneyball bargain like Jensen and Tapau or cover like Zac Hoskins for example.
wonder if JWH could be that money ball option think he was looking at super league next year surely he could go around for another 12 months in a bench role even at 35.
be nice to have around to get a bit of a harder edge on our younger players.

Rikki for me has a potential higher reliability over all aspect of his game.

Sure Fifi could be used properly and improve - but its was unknown and some what of a risk. Not worth bending the cap on.

wonder if JWH could be that money ball option think he was looking at super league next year surely he could go around for another 12 months in a bench role even at 35.
be nice to have around to get a bit of a harder edge on our younger players.

Why not just keep Taupau? He's younger, less of a loose canon and already at the club.

Why not just keep Taupau? He's younger, less of a loose canon and already at the club.
Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

think the roosters missed him on the weekend he drives a standard around their club imo

Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

think the roosters missed him on the weekend he drives a standard around their club imo

I totally get your point but he won't get away with the rubbish he does on the field in a Broncos jersey, that is not to be forgotten. Plus we have Hetherington still to come back in don't forget. In 12 months time, if not already, Riki, Haas, Carrigan, Hetherington, Capewell, Taupau maybe, will all be seasoned first graders. We aren't a forward pack of inexperienced kids anymore, at least we won't be in 24.

If we wanted to spend that sort of money on another forward we would have just re-signed Flegler. If we go to market for a middle or edge it will be that emerging value type player.
A little bit apples vs oranges ......RE Fifta and Flegler.

I totally get your point but he won't get away with the rubbish he does on the field in a Broncos jersey, that is not to be forgotten. Plus we have Hetherington still to come back in don't forget. In 12 months time, if not already, Riki, Haas, Carrigan, Hetherington, Capewell, Taupau maybe, will all be seasoned first graders. We aren't a forward pack of inexperienced kids anymore, at least we won't be in 24.

Pretty much this.

If we signed JWH, he'd literally never be on the field for us ... he'd play 1 game then be suspended for 6 weeks, the rinse and repeat

Active Now

• porouian
  • Stix
  • Morepudding
  • Santa
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • MrRobot
  • Spike
  • LittleDavey
  • Sproj
  • Midean
  • NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • PETERN
  • Fozz
  • Mustafur
... and 44 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.