CRICKET WTC and Ashes Tour of England

Australia really should go with this:

1. Head
2. Khawaja
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Green (give him a shot one place up, he will bat 4 eventually anyway)
6. Marsh
7. Carey
8. Neser
9. Cummins (he should be rested but is captain, so won't be)
10. Starc
11. Murphy

This makes a very deep batting line up and has so much variety in the bowling attack which has been lacking.
Love the Neser inclusion.

Am however less keen on Head opening. Firm believer that you don't weaken one position to strengthen another. Head's never been the guy to open, the chance we gave him there he wasn't memorable.

I don't think it adds enough to our team to be worthwhile, especially as Green is making a pigs ear of this tour. His confidence is shot so batting up at 5 just makes our middle order weaker despite the depth.

Don't rate the bloke but would rather Harris open and Head stays where he is.

Love the Neser inclusion.

Am however less keen on Head opening. Firm believer that you don't weaken one position to strengthen another. Head's never been the guy to open, the chance we gave him there he wasn't memorable.

I don't think it adds enough to our team to be worthwhile, especially as Green is making a pigs ear of this tour. His confidence is shot so batting up at 5 just makes our middle order weaker despite the depth.

Don't rate the bloke but would rather Harris open and Head stays where he is.

Head averages 91 (admittedly small sample size) batting at 2.

Warner / Green current tests comparison:
1/6
43/25
9/38
36/28
66/0
25/18
4/16
1/3*
32/114
28/21

To say Green has been underwhelming is absolutely true. To say Warner has been 'at least getting starts' is no different to what Green has been doing and at least Green has taken wickets and has taken some critical catches.

Green is also the future, Warner has been terrible for years.
Sproj ! No different . Whaaa ?
Comparing an openers stats with a #6 is not a fair comparison .

Green has plenty of time to go see a sports psychologist and get his mind right .
He looks scared when batting lately .

Davey thanks for the memories bro .

2nd Test, Melbourne, December 26 - 29, 2022, South Africa tour of Australia

BATTING RBM4s6sSR
David Warner b Nortje20025536616278.43

2nd Test, Melbourne, December 26 - 29, 2022, South Africa tour of Australia

BATTINGRBM4s6sSR
David Warnerb Nortje20025536616278.43

That's been the anomaly over the last few years, rather than the rule.

That's like saying the Tigers are a gun team, because they had that win over the Panthers earlier this year.

That's been the anomaly over the last few years, rather than the rule.

That's like saying the Tigers are a gun team, because they had that win over the Panthers earlier this year.

I guess it depends on your definition of terrible .
Ordinary yes . Terrible no .

I guess it depends on your definition of terrible .
Ordinary yes . Terrible no .

There has never been a question over Warner's ability in Australia, he is the definition of a flat track bully.

And for context, that was 14 innings ago, he has literally passed 50 once since.

And before that, he hadn't scored a hundred FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS. So he has has scored 1 hundred in the last 3 and a half years and had only 5 scores over 50 in his 43 innings!

He has 18 tests, 35 innings in England for an average of 25 and that is even worse over the last two series there.

England has us on toast no doubt but they also lost the first 2 games in a home series. A 5 game series that they had to win, to gain the Ashes.

Mathematically if you go 2 down in a best of 5, it's not looking good.

So he has has scored 1 hundred in the last 3 and a half years and had only 5 scores over 50 in his 43 innings!

Highest score last 3 years .
111 in 2020 .
95 in 2021 .
200 in 2022
66 in 2023

I know we love to bag the poms for their whinging, but it shouldn't mask the fact that England will be a very dangerous team next time they tour Australia. Harry Brook looks like a class player who will only get better by the time he gets to Australia. Pope also has a lot of potential has an international cricketer. Australia is also an ageing team. The bowling line up will be into their 30s and Smith will be in that danger period for batters who use hand-eye rather than technique as he hits mid 30s. I also think 'Bazball' could be quite successful on Australian soil so it will be a very interesting series, particularly with the extra spice that has been added to this series.

I thought that was the pattern we were following ? Apologies LOL .

He did enough each year to keep his spot was what I illustrated .
If Harris , Bancroft , Renshaw or Hunt had better records they might be playing tonight . But ,,,,

I know we love to bag the poms for their whinging, but it shouldn't mask the fact that England will be a very dangerous team next time they tour Australia. Harry Brook looks like a class player who will only get better by the time he gets to Australia. Pope also has a lot of potential has an international cricketer. Australia is also an ageing team. The bowling line up will be into their 30s and Smith will be in that danger period for batters who use hand-eye rather than technique as he hits mid 30s. I also think 'Bazball' could be quite successful on Australian soil so it will be a very interesting series, particularly with the extra spice that has been added to this series.

The pitches in Oz won`t be tailored for Baz Ball like Mr Stokes ordered though .
Talk about flat pitch bullies .

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • winslow_wong
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Sproj
  • Pablo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Stix
  • pennywisealfie
  • Astro
  • Dee
  • heartly87
  • DrGee
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.