CRICKET WTC and Ashes Tour of England

There is talk about Australia making a bit of strategic changing of the guard come the home summer because Warner, Khawaja, Lyon are all the wrong side of 35 and Smith, Boland, Starc and Hazlewood aren't far off mid-30s. Australia needs to be careful here, otherwise if they continue to be afraid of making tough decisions, they are going to have to replace half or more of the side at the same time.

I wouldn't be giving Warner any tests anymore. The obvious choice is Pucovski but he is also unpickable due to also obvious reasons. That said, I think Australia need to take the risk with him. If you don't want to go that risky, than it has to be Renshaw. My personal preference is Head, though I know that won't happen.

I'd be retiring Boland. As good as he has been in his short test career, he is old and Australia need to get some younger guys experience. Even Neser isn't young anymore, so picking him would also just be postponing the inevitable. The obvious pick of course is Richardson but again, he is a massive risk for similar obvious reasons to Pucs. Such a shame the two star next gen players are both walking injuries. The other who looked like he could be anything is also a walking injury in Tanveer Sangha.

Australia has some big decisions coming, it is hard to know what to do. For the next test post-Ashes though, I'd be taking a couple of risks and see what falls out:

1. Head
2. Khawaja
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Green
6. Marsh
7. Carey
8. Richardson
9. Cummins
10. Murphy
11. Morris

I'm really hoping Hardie, Sutherland, Phillippe, Sangha, Renshaw and Pucovski have big Shield seasons.

There we have it, it is confirmed - Murphy in for Green. That should answer all the issues from last test :rofl

There we have it, it is confirmed - Murphy in for Green. That should answer all the issues from last test :rofl
Unrelated to this but I do hope they try and get him to play the most domestic cricket possible this summer. It’s a great way to develop confidence and you can trial with things a bit more. Needs to get better with his technique and needs a better approach to his test batting.

I haven't had a big problem with selections this series, moreso the tactics in the field the last 2 matches.

Cummins has seemingly made the wrong call, his fields still suck and he'll probably bring himself on far too late

Brook reminds me a lot of Labushagne. He gets a lot of luck and at some point, it will turn.

How does that miss everything.... Ali just standing and swinging after picking up an injury... Pat makes the right call to go for the stumps, Ali nowhere near it, but goes over the stumps and swings away from Carey for 4 byes

Hazlewood looks pedestrian on this pitch.

It's like he has no bounce anymore ... batsmen playing him easily

And in the blink of an eye, we’ve completely lost control of this Test match.. Starc gone, runs flowing.. hope we’re in the mood to score 500+ 🤦‍♂️

England have broken Cummins' brain. I can't really be bothered watching these tactics anymore.

Finally remembers he has a spinner who promptly gets a wicket in his first over. Cummins is proving to be a really poor tactician.

And in the blink of an eye, we’ve completely lost control of this Test match.. Starc gone, runs flowing.. hope we’re in the mood to score 500+ 🤦‍♂️
Since this post: Murphy wicket, Starc bowling again
IMG 6216

Wouldn’t begrudge Neser saying **** it and trying to play for South Africa now

What more can/must he do?

Absolute Starc special to bowl Stokes... what... a ... ball !!!

Active Now

• ezpz
  • Scdeac
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Mr Fourex
  • simplythebest
  • Howie
  • Shane Tronc
  • Aldo
  • Jedhead
  • Allo
  • Behind enemy lines
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Robboi_321
  • Financeguy
  • mrtij
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.