NEWS Xavier Coates may have played his last game for the Broncos

Courier Mail futurist Peter Badel thinks "Xavier Coates may have played his last game for the Broncos," based on an "understanding" that he's "no certainty" to return to the top squad unless injuries prevail. Holy "may have," Batman!

Kotoni Staggs says Coates has not been dropped because of niggling injuries. There must be some other reason:

“Xavier is a good winger and a good player. All I know is Xavier trained well today and his fitness is there. Everything is going to plan with him and hopefully in the next few weeks he can slot back in the team. But he is looking fit out on the field.”

Screen010218Goofy

That's all, folks?

“To play Origin, Xavier has to be good, but at the end of the day, the coaching staff makes the call and he is not playing because of the coach‘s reasons. We don’t want to change our team every week, we want to stick to the same team and changing the team every week isn’t ideal. Hopefully he gets his chance again this season, we have seven games to go so hopefully he can slot in there somewhere in the weeks to come.”

“We don‘t go into any game thinking we will lose. It was 12-all last time coming to the last few minutes and we let them off the hook. The Panthers are one of the best teams in the comp at the moment, but if we can play the way we did last time we can hold them out.”

McHunt

How much can you actually coach a player to catch? Also, don't necessarily agree. JAC was a beast for the Tigers in the few games he played, they hardly took a numpty and made him into a star, they just signed him before he got big game time. Kind of what we should have done with Hynes.
You can train a player to catch heaps.

You can train a player to catch heaps.
I'll believe it when I see it I guess. I know it's a joke how bad we are, but I don't believe lacking fundamentals is a coaching thing.

**** it ...

there are only two teams capable of winning this years comp anyway ... might as well supply a player to each of them, that way no matter who wins we can take the credit 😛

Would Coates even make the current full straight storm side..
His catching will get sorted i believe they do a fair bit with the afl boys
I can just see it now Bellamy blowing up in the box when he comes in off his wing.

If it means Haas and the guys who've put in get a pay rise this year, OK to release Coates early.

Super disappointed he's leaving, that play -v- Cronulla a few years ago was something special, Yow Yeh special.

Bellamy will turn him into a gun within 2 seasons and the sooner he goes the quicker he’ll get there. Doesn’t bother me at all, he’s never going to be that player at the broncos.

Im all for shedding any player who isn’t in our plans next year as soon as possible. Get as much money off the cap as soon as we can.

I actually think it would be hilarious watching Milford, TPJ, Lodge, Walsh, and Coates all playing finals for other teams.
With Kev talking about he taught them all the skills they are then demonstrating and how he was sorry to see them go ... What a comedy.

I’m happy to chip in for the bus fare from Brisbane to the Sunshine Coast before august 1 😅

All I have to say to this thread is, good.

**** Coates and **** Melbourne. If the club ever try to drag him back here later on in his career, I'll be very disappointed. He's in the same camp as Norman now as far as I'm concerned.

according to Brent Read we turned the Storms offer down and are digging our heels in.

The Storm want to swap Lee for Coates.

this is what Brent Read said on NRL360:

“Melbourne approached them a few days ago because Brisbane have signed Brenko Lee for next year,” The Australian’s Brent Read told NRL360 on Fox League.

“The Storm said ‘let’s do the swap now, Xavier isn’t going to get a run’ and Brisbane said ‘no’.

“I thought it was a logical swap, and I spoke to Ben Ikin about it and he said he is a good bloke who they enjoy around the club and they want to keep him but there hasn’t been a line put through Xavier Coates.

“There’s a whisper they had put a line through him, but Benny said that’s not the case.”

Lol.....Lee leaves a potential premiership for a spoon....

Nothing to see here...move along....

Lol.....Lee leaves a potential premiership for a spoon....

Nothing to see here...move along....

we won't get the spoon ... and he won't be involved in a premiership (should the Storm win it)

Bellamy will turn him into a gun within 2 seasons and the sooner he goes the quicker he’ll get there. Doesn’t bother me at all, he’s never going to be that player at the broncos.

Im all for shedding any player who isn’t in our plans next year as soon as possible. Get as much money off the cap as soon as we can.

I actually think it would be hilarious watching Milford, TPJ, Lodge, Walsh, and Coates all playing finals for other teams.
If Coates plays finals this year, he’ll more than likely lose a game for the storm and Bellamy will explode.

might be ok

according to Brent Read we turned the Storms offer down and are digging our heels in.

The Storm want to swap Lee for Coates.

this is what Brent Read said on NRL360:

“Melbourne approached them a few days ago because Brisbane have signed Brenko Lee for next year,” The Australian’s Brent Read told NRL360 on Fox League.

“The Storm said ‘let’s do the swap now, Xavier isn’t going to get a run’ and Brisbane said ‘no’.

“I thought it was a logical swap, and I spoke to Ben Ikin about it and he said he is a good bloke who they enjoy around the club and they want to keep him but there hasn’t been a line put through Xavier Coates.

“There’s a whisper they had put a line through him, but Benny said that’s not the case.”
The audacity. They went to court like petty little ***** so DD had to twiddle his thumbs without a job for 6 months and ask us to release an employee early.

He won't get a run unless there is a few injuries, Coates wouldn't be on much so there is not much money to save. Plus they can have a good **** you from Donutman for fucking him around.
Yes...thats my point....hard to see Mlebourne leave themselves opened to a run of late season injuries by letting a proven talent go...

But anyway....who gives a **** about Melbourne...

If this does happen, ill welcome Lee to the club...

I must admit, ive not seen so much movement in the sub-player market before....quite amazing..

I hope we do it and sign Bellamy while we are at it lol

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Maddy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Spoon
  • pennywisealfie
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • kman
  • Wild Horse
  • achievedrap
  • Rookie Alan
  • Bish
  • Dash
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.