NEWS Xavier Coates: why I chose the Storm over the Broncos

I moved to Melbourne from Brisbane for work in 2019. And as vibrant and exciting the city is on the weekends, I’d never have thought how much I could miss a city. From avoiding syringes on my walk from Flinders to Collins, to the smell of Elizabeth street.

Brisbane is F***ing glorious. He will work that out.

Props to him, but for us, I hope he fixes that defence, runs riot for QLD and comes back a complete player.
Just bumping this - two years later and he's still folded like a deck chair. Stay in Melbourne thx

Flog

What I've noticed about Coates vs Cobbo, is that first and foremost Coates is an athlete, with not a lot of natural ability.

Cobbo though, he's a proper footy player. His skills are innate. He might not be as lean and as quick as Coates, but his instincts make up for it tenfold. I love the kid.

Had one or two dodgy moments last night, but for the most part, he was very good. Bloody love it how whenever he gets belted taking hit ups in our half, he looks completely nonplussed about it. Doesn't rattle him in the slightest. Same thing when he drops a ball or makes an error, he just doesn't let it phase him at all. For all the doubts there have been over his mentality, those are signs of quite a strong mentality.
100%.
The best bit about this is you can always train harder and get in better shape.
You cant "train" for more natural talent.

Cobbo > Turncoates.

I know it’s poor form to say but the way he carried on last night, I’ve never seen a pro athlete do. Even Paps didn’t sook the way Coates did. I swear you could almost hear him saying “owee owee owee”

He seems soft, not just from this event. He’s had small bumps before that you’d think we’re career ending and then once the trainer wiped his tears he was fine again.

And yes I’m aware this is peak keyboard warrior

I was legit worried for him seeing how much pain he was in. There was a shot where he was on his back and the trainer was feeling his ankle and his hand was just spasming with how much pain he was in... with a sprained ankle?

I remember Martin Kennedy (when he went back to the Roosters from us) got a hit on his shoulder defending on his own in-goal and his screaming on the TV was horrifying. You'd think he'd copped an internal dismembering of the arm or something. It came back later in the game that he was all good and a chance of returning from the bench. Like, what?

I was legit worried for him seeing how much pain he was in. There was a shot where he was on his back and the trainer was feeling his ankle and his hand was just spasming with how much pain he was in... with a sprained ankle?

I remember Martin Kennedy (when he went back to the Roosters from us) got a hit on his shoulder defending on his own in-goal and his screaming on the TV was horrifying. You'd think he'd copped an internal dismembering of the arm or something. It came back later in the game that he was all good and a chance of returning from the bench. Like, what?
I’ll never judge someone in pain for being a Nancy. I have cried from pain as a grown man. I take 2 types of painkillers ffs. I can’t talk.

When Coates was walking off at half-time he was yelling to Staggs, "You're a bitch!"

Probably should have kept his mouth shut.

Sounds like Coates was this close to coming back out with his handbag and hitting Staggs.

Imagine talking shit when your team is down to a team that everyone expected you to be well and truly on top of.
I’m not sure Coates can read, he probably thought they were up by 8.

I’ll never judge someone in pain for being a Nancy. I have cried from pain as a grown man. I take 2 types of painkillers ffs. I can’t talk.
I’ll just judge both of you

I know it’s poor form to say but the way he carried on last night, I’ve never seen a pro athlete do. Even Paps didn’t sook the way Coates did. I swear you could almost hear him saying “owee owee owee”

He seems soft, not just from this event. He’s had small bumps before that you’d think we’re career ending and then once the trainer wiped his tears he was fine again.

And yes I’m aware this is peak keyboard warrior
Yes I remember when he slid on his neck doing one of those stupid forward roll tries. He got nursed off the field almost sucking the teat of the trainer. He is no selwyn Cobbo or corey oates. Both tough as nails

Active Now

• Ras
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.