NEWS Xavier Coates: why I chose the Storm over the Broncos

I just wish he didn't get injured, hard to get stuck into him when he got carried off the field.

Coates needs to add something to his game, running fast and jumping high isn't doing it. He won't be able to run fast and jump high forever.

Before he got injured, he was actually playing pretty well last night but you can’t help but feel satisfied when someone who leaves to chase premierships is further away from it now than your club is.

Reminds me of Nathan Buckley leaving the Lions and going to Collingwood to chase a flag and then his team got beaten by the Lions in two grand finals while he never ended up winning one.

Before he got injured, he was actually playing pretty well last night but you can’t help but feel satisfied when someone who leaves to chase premierships is further away from it now than your club is.

Reminds me of Nathan Buckley leaving the Lions and going to Collingwood to chase a flag and then his team got beaten by the Lions in two grand finals while he never ended up winning one.

At the time it was the easier option, leave the club destined for a spoon to join a top 4 team, doesn't always work out the way you think though.

Coates left for the betterment of his mental well-being remember.

Hey Xavier

giphy.gif

Cry me river, it was just a sprained ankle.

He is a drama queen. Lol
I know it’s poor form to say but the way he carried on last night, I’ve never seen a pro athlete do. Even Paps didn’t sook the way Coates did. I swear you could almost hear him saying “owee owee owee”

He seems soft, not just from this event. He’s had small bumps before that you’d think we’re career ending and then once the trainer wiped his tears he was fine again.

And yes I’m aware this is peak keyboard warrior

Cry me river, it was just a sprained ankle.

He is a drama queen. Lol

Is that the actual diagnosis? Because it looked like he had just snapped his leg.

I know it’s poor form to say but the way he carried on last night, I’ve never seen a pro athlete do. Even Paps didn’t sook the way Coates did. I swear you could almost hear him saying “owee owee owee”

He seems soft, not just from this event. He’s had small bumps before that you’d think we’re career ending and then once the trainer wiped his tears he was fine again.

And yes I’m aware this is peak keyboard warrior
Is that the actual diagnosis? Because it looked like he had just snapped his leg.
Even getting kicked in the shins hurts like a **** for a few minutes. He's an ugly crier is all.

What I've noticed about Coates vs Cobbo, is that first and foremost Coates is an athlete, with not a lot of natural ability.

Cobbo though, he's a proper footy player. His skills are innate. He might not be as lean and as quick as Coates, but his instincts make up for it tenfold. I love the kid.

Had one or two dodgy moments last night, but for the most part, he was very good. Bloody love it how whenever he gets belted taking hit ups in our half, he looks completely nonplussed about it. Doesn't rattle him in the slightest. Same thing when he drops a ball or makes an error, he just doesn't let it phase him at all. For all the doubts there have been over his mentality, those are signs of quite a strong mentality.

What I've noticed about Coates vs Cobbo, is that first and foremost Coates is an athlete, with not a lot of natural ability.

Cobbo though, he's a proper footy player. His skills are innate. He might not be as lean and as quick as Coates, but his instincts make up for it tenfold. I love the kid.

Had one or two dodgy moments last night, but for the most part, he was very good. Bloody love it how whenever he gets belted taking hit ups in our half, he looks completely nonplussed about it. Doesn't rattle him in the slightest. Same thing when he drops a ball or makes an error, he just doesn't let it phase him at all. For all the doubts there have been over his mentality, those are signs of quite a strong mentality.
And he never shirks the tough carries. Dude time and time again takes really tough carries and never once looks hesitant. He just keeps going back in, all heart.

I don't give a **** about the rumours off the field, on the field I've never questioned his heart, just his decision making which can improve but that's par for the course for such a young fella.

And he never shirks the tough carries. Dude time and time again takes really tough carries and never once looks hesitant. He just keeps going back in, all heart.

I don't give a **** about the rumours off the field, on the field I've never questioned his heart, just his decision making which can improve but that's par for the course for such a young fella.
Coates is also a pea heart.

Would've been man of the match, had they won. Unfortunately for him, they fell somewhat short.
We won by 26 points. That's a HUGE if..... he may have been among the storms best but he was nowhere near best on ground, nowhere near.... again, we won by 26 to ZERO...

Active Now

• Ras
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.