NEWS Xavier Coates: why I chose the Storm over the Broncos

Hasn't seemed to come around for Melbourne yet. With these three re-signings (well two really) plus Paps, they are going to stay highly relevant for a long time to come yet.
We got Donuts and Kevvie. It all started with Jake, and then Brodie, of course.

My point is, it’s been nothing like the Haas talk..
Especially by the media.
That's because they haven't been fucking their club around, and taking their managers to court. Also none of these blokes abused a female cop, or got mixed up with publicity magnets like SBW and Mundine.

What I mean is Payne is more interesting. There is a wake of organic conversation around him.

Amazing how there wasn’t much chat about any of these 3 leaving the Storm.
I mean Harry is the best 9 in the game and Jahrome is one of the best 7’s.

All happens relatively quiet..unless you’re a Bronco of cause
This is a bad take. They lost 3 of their core players in the Broms and Kafusi. Rumours have been endless about Munster, Grant, and Hughes to the Dolphins.

Melbourne have been copping worse than anyone lately.

This is a bad take. They lost 3 of their core players in the Broms and Kafusi. Rumours have been endless about Munster, Grant, and Hughes to the Dolphins.

Sure they have shed players, most clubs have to. But like the Smith, Slater, Cronk era they are able to keep their spine players - the big earners... Munster will be interesting, but I think the club have deliberately prioritised their 1, 7 & 9 above him.

I'm looking at this through Broncos lenses. If Grant or Hughes were playing here, there would have been endless articles written about how every club in the league wants them, they will get poached etc. but when one of the big clubs have their key players come off contract (much like Smith, Slater & Cronk), they seemed to just get re-signed without the media outrage that plagues the Broncos. The Roosters recently extended Walker & Manu, again, not a whole heap of media around it.

I have no doubt that as a result of the media, the Broncos are forced to pay a higher price to retain talent.

Add Brandon Smith to that as well with many media articles about him meeting Phins, Titans and Roosters.

I've seen/heard Braith questioned many times on NRL360 about Munsters future as well so its not only print media.

Scott Sattler:

“Josh Addo-Carr leaves and they sign who I believe will be the best signing by the end of the year and his name is Xavier Coates. He’s played plenty of Origin matches for Queensland, he’s still only 20, but the kid’s a superstar. He’s 6 foot 4 and is a tremendous athlete.”​

I still think he’s overrated for what he has actually shown. I think people see Inglis when they look at him & just expect that potential, whether it’s actually there or not.

Money

He’ll be playing for Qld for many years to come unfortunately

TBH.......I thought he went OK.

His defence could be criticised.....but
he had a few hard choices to make.

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.