NEWS Xavier Coates: why I chose the Storm over the Broncos

Is it just me, or does he throw an unnecessary, theatrical jump into almost everything he does at the moment?

He’s like the kid that has just learnt to whistle and won’t fucking stop.

It's like the noobs in call of duty who start bunny hopping when they have to reload and are under fire.

Can't be too critical of his defensive efforts last night, he would be just buying into their method of defending which is to put pressure on the inside with the up and in tactic, rather than sliding.

I'm not sure if his reads improved or just the Rabbits were well off their game. Once Walker finally remembered how to both catch and pass in the same play it was an easy road to the tryline because Coates was a mile infield every time.

I was thinking all that AFL coaching hasn`t gelled yet though . Ha Ha .
Still gets his hands to the ball but can`t hold on to it .

Did any of you know that Xavier Coates use to play for the Broncos?

I thought I remembered him playing for us but I wasn’t sure because I got confused by this embarrassing narrative led by none other than Michael ‘fuckwit’ Ennis continually bleating ad nauseam about how the Storm have ‘unearthed’ another winger, and how they ‘plucked’ him out of the great depths of reserve grade that he was languishing in….

It’s deadset embarrassing how some of these commentators with media jobs are allowed to be this unprofessional without any repurcussions.

The Storm ‘unearthing’ a no name winger that somehow broke into State of Origin when he was in the Broncos system 🙄

And maybe, just maybe he was in reserve grade because he completely lost the plot and any semblance of confidence when he decided to leave for one of our most hated rivals.

Almost as embarrassing as that goldfish looking prick David Riccio when he proclaimed that Reynolds was on a 4 year $1.1 million contract on NRL 360 😂😂😂

I thought I remembered him playing for us but I wasn’t sure because I got confused by this embarrassing narrative led by none other than Michael ‘fuckwit’ Ennis continually bleating ad nauseam about how the Storm have ‘unearthed’ another winger, and how they ‘plucked’ him out of the great depths of reserve grade that he was languishing in….

It’s deadset embarrassing how some of these commentators with media jobs are allowed to be this unprofessional without any repurcussions.

The Storm ‘unearthing’ a no name winger that somehow broke into State of Origin when he was in the Broncos system 🙄

And maybe, just maybe he was in reserve grade because he completely lost the plot and any semblance of confidence when he decided to leave for one of our most hated rivals.

Almost as embarrassing as that goldfish looking prick David Riccio when he proclaimed that Reynolds was on a 4 year $1.1 million contract on NRL 360 😂😂😂

That's why you take anything in the NRL media with a grain of salt.

One of the better rants I have seen

Fitzy hard to beat though

Did Coates actually play a game in reserve grade though.. I know he was dropped out of the side but did he actually play a game in Qcup?

That's why you take anything in the NRL media with a grain of salt.

I see...so that makes it OK to talk shit whenever they feel like it does it....?

Call it "journalistic licence" ???

Pffft.....**** that

fuck that frances mcdormand GIF by Fox Searchlight

I see...so that makes it OK to talk shit whenever they feel like it does it....?

Call it "journalistic licence" ???

Pffft.....**** that

**** that frances mcdormand GIF by Fox Searchlight

It should actually be illegal, honestly. It’s fraudulent and they are making money from it. The very definition is

1a : deceit, trickery specifically : intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right was accused of credit card fraud.

They are selling newspapers and having victims part with cash for subscriptions and Kayo/Fox subs whilst fraudsters peddle lies as fact

Let’s not sugar coat the rubbish as “gossip”, it’s fraud.

Xavier extends with Storm to 2026.

Scott Sattler:

“Josh Addo-Carr leaves and they sign who I believe will be the best signing by the end of the year and his name is Xavier Coates. He’s played plenty of Origin matches for Queensland, he’s still only 20, but the kid’s a superstar. He’s 6 foot 4 and is a tremendous athlete.”​

I'm just happy the Storm managed to unearth him from nowhere.
Same place they got their inaugural captain, CEO and founder. Now we have their CEO, assistant coach, hooker, centre and utility. What goes around.

Same place they got their inaugural captain, CEO and founder. Now we have their CEO, assistant coach, hooker, centre and utility. What goes around.

Hasn't seemed to come around for Melbourne yet. With these three re-signings (well two really) plus Paps, they are going to stay highly relevant for a long time to come yet.

Amazing how there wasn’t much chat about any of these 3 leaving the Storm.
I mean Harry is the best 9 in the game and Jahrome is one of the best 7’s.

All happens relatively quiet..unless you’re a Bronco of cause

Amazing how there wasn’t much chat about any of these 3 leaving the Storm.
I mean Harry is the best 9 in the game and Jahrome is one of the best 7’s.

All happens relatively quiet..unless you’re a Bronco of cause
There's been a ton of press about Harry and Jahrome - particularly related to the Dolphins - and even chatter about Xavier returning to Brisbane. There was even some deluded talk in here that he might come back for less money.

There's been a ton of press about Harry and Jahrome, and even chatter about Xavier returning to Brisbane. There was even some deluded talk in here that he might come back for less money.
My point is, it’s been nothing like the Haas talk..
Especially by the media.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.