NEWS Xavier Coates: why I chose the Storm over the Broncos

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
What do you both mean.......?

Are you saying Coates moved to Melbourne to play for less money than he would have got at Brisbane....?
As reported by multiple media outlets, we offered him 475k, he went with Melbourne for 425k x2 years. So he apparently scarified 100k to move to a more expensive city.

S

Spoon

QCup Player
May 24, 2015
Does anyone honestly think we didnt go outside the salary cap back in the 90s by using the thoroughbreds? Quute similar to the modern day Roosters

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
that's exactly what we mean ... at least on the "official books"

As reported by multiple media outlets, we offered him 475k, he went with Melbourne for 425k x2 years. So he apparently scarified 100k to move to a more expensive city.

I see......

My Name Is Earl Reaction GIF

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So why did Andrew Gee suddenly quit during an investigation into our salary cap...

Because he is smarter than the Storm ...

But in case you've forgotten we live in country where you are innocent until proven guilty ...

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Is it just me, or does he throw an unnecessary, theatrical jump into almost everything he does at the moment?

He’s like the kid that has just learnt to whistle and won’t fucking stop.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Is it just me, or does he throw an unnecessary, theatrical jump into almost everything he does at the moment?

He’s like the kid that has just learnt to whistle and won’t fucking stop.

He's done that ever since he came into first grade ... he even injured himself doing it last year

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
But jeez his defensive reads have improved . LOL .
He did make a nice run and pass for a try , but smart coaches will be targeting him in attack .
I'm not sure if his reads improved or just the Rabbits were well off their game. Once Walker finally remembered how to both catch and pass in the same play it was an easy road to the tryline because Coates was a mile infield every time.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I'm not sure if his reads improved or just the Rabbits were well off their game. Once Walker finally remembered how to both catch and pass in the same play it was an easy road to the tryline because Coates was a mile infield every time.
Melbourne have traditionally had a compressed defensive line which tempts attacking teams to play wide but Melbourne have mastered slide defence and by the time the ball gets out there, the space has disappeared.

So Coates inability to stay on his wing may actually not be a huge problem once he figures out the slide part.

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
I think it was sarcasm

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
I think walker has been scarred from the GF intercept, and Kelly opened it again when he got the intercept last week.

He was really hesitant to throw the long ball and look very premeditated. With the way coates was rushing up and in, last year's walker either throws and early cut out pass to the wing or puts a kick behind the line for at least a couple tries.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • TimWhatley
  • Skyblues87
  • Tristan1990
  • eggstar10
  • achievedrap
  • maddo
  • Hurrijo
  • Mister Wright
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.