Young broncs in feeder clubs

At this stage we probably need to let TPJ amd/or Ofa go and spend that money on signing a decent halfback from SOMEWHERE, at least for a couple of years.

Contracts are made to be broken but here are all the halves off-contract at the end of this season (according to zerotackle):

5/8th:

Blake Ayshford, Dean Blore, Lachlan Croker, Ben Hampton, Brock Lamb, Benji Marshall, Te Maire Martin, Curtis Sironen, John Sutton

Halfback:

Fa'amanu Brown, Cooper Cronk, Cade Cust, Troy Dargan, Tyson Gamble, Ata Hingano, Trent Hodkinson, Ryley Jacks, Luke Metcalf, Mitchell Moses, Darren Nicholls, Connor Tracey, Billy Walters, Sam Williams

Pretty slim pickings. Hodkinson would’ve been perfect 5 years ago but he’s cooked these days. Mitch Moses is the only other stand out but he could be a disaster and the last thing we need is another underperformed on big money.

And yes, regardless of age, I would throw every possible sent at Cronk and his wife for 1 season and than transition him into a coaching role.

Hodkinson would be alright in a coaching role, good kicker and decent manager. Cronk will be off to College in the US on Roosters coin (which probably isn't counted on the cap, surprise).

Contracts are made to be broken but here are all the halves off-contract at the end of this season (according to zerotackle):

5/8th:

Blake Ayshford, Dean Blore, Lachlan Croker, Ben Hampton, Brock Lamb, Benji Marshall, Te Maire Martin, Curtis Sironen, John Sutton

Halfback:

Fa'amanu Brown, Cooper Cronk, Cade Cust, Troy Dargan, Tyson Gamble, Ata Hingano, Trent Hodkinson, Ryley Jacks, Luke Metcalf, Mitchell Moses, Darren Nicholls, Connor Tracey, Billy Walters, Sam Williams

Pretty slim pickings. Hodkinson would’ve been perfect 5 years ago but he’s cooked these days. Mitch Moses is the only other stand out but he could be a disaster and the last thing we need is another underperformed on big money.

And yes, regardless of age, I would throw every possible sent at Cronk and his wife for 1 season and than transition him into a coaching role.
I'd be going after Moses and/or Gutho. Would be nice to have Gutho at FB and Moses in the halves with Milf.
Let Offa or TPJ walk, sounds like Roberts might be going too - so I think we could do it..

Guess we are just going to have to wait for Dearden to be ready.

I'd be going after Moses and/or Gutho. Would be nice to have Gutho at FB and Moses in the halves with Milf.
Let Offa or TPJ walk, sounds like Roberts might be going too - so I think we could do it..

Go after Gutho, but I don't think going someone to block Dearden's path long term is the way to go.

I like Gutho, but I don't think he deserves elite money.

I think Ponga will in a year or 2 at most, but apparently the Knights are already negotiating an extension.

Arent they talking 800k a year for Gutho? If so, thats just madness.

Is it though? There are far worse players on more. I know it just perpetuates the inflated wages these guys are on, but I wouldn’t blink twice at paying him that much to play for us

he is quite versatile. has handled center, fullback and 5/8

he goes pretty well at fullback ... not worth the 800k he is asking though
Our young halves are the future. IMO we need someone like Gutho who could play in the halves until Deardon and or Boyd are ready. Then move into another position when they are. We dont really need to pay big money for a half and risk losing either of these 2 players.

Will be a shame, got another yesterday, 10 tries 5 games.
Yea mate for sure a fair few try assists aswell the broncos are looking at Paix I think as a utility still have macca for a couple of years I have heard Simpkin is off contract this year and could be headed to Sydney next year

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Dash
  • RodF
  • GCBRONCO
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mighty Bronx
  • LittleDavey
  • Jedhead
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Santa
  • jarro65
  • Xzei
  • Organix
  • broncsgoat
  • Skathen
... and 63 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.