Young broncs in feeder clubs

Foordy

International Rep
Yeah, yeah Mr. I'veneverbrokenalaw. In the real world there is such a thing.
complete BS ...

i'm sure the courts routinely say ... "oh, it's a recreational drug, that's fine, your free to go with our apology"

Jedhead

NRL Player
complete BS ...

i'm sure the courts routinely say ... "oh, it's a recreational drug, that's fine, your free to go with our apology"
I think the point Tom was trying to make ia that they should not be tested for recreational drugs in the off season. Not that they are not illegal.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Let’s be honest here. Some recreational drugs are performance enhancing, others aren’t. So it isn’t so simple define under the categories proposed.

Plus, many players are recovering from post-season surgery/rehab or are training in the preseason. They still work for their employers and their employers have every right to demand players refrain from using anything (illegal) that hinders their recovery or enhances their performance.

On player’s scheduled yearly holiday period, drug-testing should not be carried out, but I believe it can and is.

Even something as simple as weed hinders recovery, especially when it comes to soft-tissue injuries, even though it may be effective pain-relief.

Last edited:

Jedhead

NRL Player
Wee
Let’s be honest here. Some recreational drugs are performance enhancing, others aren’t. So it isn’t so simple define under the categories proposed.

Plus, many players are recovering from post-season surgery/rehab or are training in the preseason. They still work for their employers and their employers have every right to demand players refrain from using anything (illegal) that hinders their recovery or enhances their performance.

On player’s scheduled yearly holiday period, drug-testing should not be carried out, but I believe it can and is.

Even something as simple as weed hinders recovery, especially when it comes to soft-tissue injuries, even though it may be effective pain-relief.
weed hindering soft tissue damage is news to me. Where did you get that fact from?

soup

State of Origin Rep
Wee

weed hindering soft tissue damage is news to me. Where did you get that fact from?
My doctors, physios, neurosurgeon, occupational therapist, etc when I screwed my back in a car accident 9 years ago. Took me 8 years to actually believe them.

It tightens up all your tissue which ain’t good when your constantly experiencing muscle spasm.

Jedhead

NRL Player
My doctors, physios, neurosurgeon, occupational therapist, etc when I screwed my back in a car accident 9 years ago. Took me 8 years to actually believe them.

It tightens up all your tissue which ain’t good when your constantly experiencing muscle spasm.
I find that quite astounding as THC and canabis oil is world renowned for relieving muscle spams.
You can read up on it here.
In a 2012 study, researchers at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine discovered that patients that consumed cannabis experienced a one-third decrease in spasticity, compared with participants given a placebo. If you google it there is quite a few reports of trials that suggest the opposite from what your support people are saying.

soup

State of Origin Rep
I find that quite astounding as THC and canabis oil is world renowned for relieving muscle spams.
In a 2012 study, researchers at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine discovered that patients that consumed cannabis experienced a one-third decrease in spasticity, compared with participants given a placebo. If you google it there is quite a few reports of trials that suggest the opposite from what your support people are saying.
Yeah, I did have a quick search but the studies that are actually worth anything (peer-reviewed and not sponsored by corporations with self interest) are behind paywalls. I can access them with my login for work but it’s hard on the phone. I’ll be on campus today so I’ll have a look then.

TBF, this injury and recovery happened in 2010, so there’s be all sorts of new research arguing back and forth with the rise of legal weed.

I find diazepam works much better in relieving muscle spasms.

That doesn’t mean that I don’t think CBD or THC doesn’t have a place in injury recovery or chronic pain management. I’m actually in the middle of applying for it myself to get away from much more toxic opiates.

Last edited:

Matheos

BRL Player
Sydney
Anyone know much about this Sam Walker kid who has suddenly exploded in the media down here in Sydney about being "Cronk's replacement" at the Roosters?

He is about to turn 17 and is currently on a scholarship with us from what I believe...

soup

State of Origin Rep
Apologies for the OT discussion. Maybe the mods can do a thread split?

Anyone know much about this Sam Walker kid who has suddenly exploded in the media down here in Sydney about being "Cronk's replacement" at the Roosters?

He is about to turn 17 and is currently on a scholarship with us from what I believe...
Ben Walker’s son, I believe. Good stock throughout that bloodline.

Foordy

International Rep

if he is still 16, then he won't be Cronks replacement ... maybe Cronks replacement's replacement

State of Origin Rep

Ben Walker's son, boards at IGS in grade 12. Sam played MM this year for the Jets and as I have said for 12 months is just an instinctive player. He could play ISC this year if he was allowed.

Nine tries in six games for Jets in MM. Great backyard skills and guys just can't get hold of him. Loved watching him play this year. Real highlight of the MM season.

This was against Reddy where he just killed them with three tries.

Round one against Blackhawks

Footy Fanatic

QCup Player
Ben Walker's son, boards at IGS in grade 12. Sam played MM this year for the Jets and as I have said for 12 months is just an instinctive player. He could play ISC this year if he was allowed.

Nine tries in six games for Jets in MM. Great backyard skills and guys just can't get hold of him. Loved watching him play this year. Real highlight of the MM season.

Do you see a future for him at the Broncos?

pagey

NRL Captain
The benefits from this plant is phenomenal, it's fucking joke it isn't readily available.

Unbreakable

International Rep
27.4° S, 153.0° E

Looks like a mixture of Ponga and DCE from those highlights, but there's a lot of kids who look that good at that level.

Exciting prospect though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.