Your 2013 team.

I am not looking forward to next season at all. We are relying on Norman to become a star and Hoffman to regain form. Our forward pack is weaker with Te'o and Petero leaving. Parker and Hodges are a year older as well. We really need some players to step up next year.

Macca is that rare sort of player who I think generally hasn't moved an inch in either direction since his debut season. OK, he is a bit inconsistent, kind of like a cos wave, but on average he's exactly the same as he was when he started 4 years ago.

Have to agree tbh. Every year people say he's going to reach the next level but he's really no better or worse than his debut. He's good but he'll need to be a lot better to get into the upper class of hookers.

Something needs to be done with Hunt, he can't play from the bench all year next year.

I don't see how Yow Yeh to fullback will be a good option. I haven't really seen him show much in the way of play making. Plus it would be a smart move to ease him back via the wing once he actually returns. I don't expect to see him in round 1.

I am not looking forward to next season at all. We are relying on Norman to become a star and Hoffman to regain form. Our forward pack is weaker with Te'o and Petero leaving. Parker and Hodges are a year older as well. We really need some players to step up next year.

I don't think Petero leaving is really a loss, I mean his experience is great but this year he was never really a good prop. If Gillett regains form then he'll fill in just fine for the loss of Te'o. Beale is no loss what so ever.

Right now our team next year is slightly worse than this year.

Anyone bothered to make a list of off contract players?

EDIT: That sounded bad. I mean Petero was never really in great form this year, dependable though. Was great in stints. I hope he sticks around the team next year off the field.

we need to get the hunger back. and we need to play for one another again.

i wish we could get someone who played the game like josh reynolds. not necessarily his skillset but just the energy and tenacity he plays with.

I don't see how Yow Yeh to fullback will be a good option. I haven't really seen him show much in the way of play making. Plus it would be a smart move to ease him back via the wing once he actually returns. I don't expect to see him in round 1.

Yeah probably a silly suggestion but if Hoffman shows no improvement I think Yow Yeh once he's back into the team and 100% confident again will be our best option at fullback. I just can't think of anyone else. If Hoffman doesn't improve we need to replace him but right now I'm hoping Hoffman returns to his best.

we need to get the hunger back. and we need to play for one another again.

i wish we could get someone who played the game like josh reynolds. not necessarily his skillset but just the energy and tenacity he plays with.
See I don't think our problem this year was our effort or hunger, I think it was simply things going against us, players losing form and the coach making bad decisions. At no point did I ever feel the players gave up which is a big positive for Griffin.

I know what you mean though, we never really smash other teams, we don't put on big hits or anything like that. We don't have any mongrel in this team. Thaiday had it and I think next year fully fit he can return to his damaging best.

I know what you mean though, we never really smash other teams, we don't put on big hits or anything like that. We don't have any mongrel in this team. Thaiday had it and I think next year fully fit he can return to his damaging best.

yeah thats more what i meant.

i dont think anyone stopped trying for us. we have just seemed behind the 8 ball in everything for the last two months and you could see it in their faces. it was hard for the boys to get really gee'd up.

hopefully origin leaves the broncos alone a little bit next year

yeah thats more what i meant.

i dont think anyone stopped trying for us. we have just seemed behind the 8 ball in everything for the last two months and you could see it in their faces. it was hard for the boys to get really gee'd up.

hopefully origin leaves the broncos alone a little bit next year

I think what typifies it is someone like Tate, everytime we catch the ball he tried to belt us, when Bowen caught the ball in the second half Thaiday was running him down and tackled him around the legs, what he should have done is belt him high up and kill his confidence, the same way other teams did to Hoffman.

Looked we gave up a lot to me. No urgency at all for most of the time. I felt like we didn't care.

norman is better than hoffman.

I've lost all confidence in Hoffman. I much rather give the gig to Norman and see how he goes.

I don't think Jack Reed will ever be better than....Mehh. It's not just his shit game tonight either. Maybe it's time to give him another run in the forwards....off the bench ....left right out?

1. Norman
2. Maranta
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Wallace
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Baptiste/Reed
15. Gillett
16. Dodds/ J Wallace
17. Hala

Unfortunately, I also feel a bit down about Griffin atm

....I think he'll pretty much stick with the same team as the one that played tonight and be just be looking to fill in the missing gaps left from the guys leaving.

Going be a tough year in 2013...

thats players signed to end of 2013 tho

griffin seems stuck in his ideas of players in their same same positions. team needs a bit of a shake up imo. throw out whats been done and just start with a clean slate. hodges has right centre but other than that you could argue that any other position in the backline is up for grabs for 2013

Last edited:

Nathanael Barnes, Luke Capewell, Mitchell Dodds, Mitchell Frei, Brendon Gibb, Paul Ivan, Jordan Kahu, Lachlan Maranta, Sam Martin, Matt Smith, Daniel Wallace, Jarrod Wallace, Aaron Whitchurch

My predicted round one team in 2013

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Dale Copley
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10.Scott Anderson
11.Alex Glenn
12.Sam Thaiday
13.Corey Parker

14. Matt Gillett
15. Josh McGuire
16. Dunamis Lui
17. Luke Capewell

My predicted round one team in 2013

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Dale Copley
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10.Scott Anderson
11.Alex Glenn
12.Sam Thaiday
13.Corey Parker

14. Matt Gillett
15. Josh McGuire
16. Dunamis Lui
17. Luke Capewell
I predict Hala will be there instead of Anderson (McGuire to start).

Active Now

• Alec
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fozz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  • Wolfie
  • pagey
  • ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.