Your 2013 team.

Have to agree tbh. Every year people say he's going to reach the next level but he's really no better or worse than his debut. He's good but he'll need to be a lot better to get into the upper class of hookers.

He just needs to watch more tapes Farah and Smith (especially Smith). He can expose the markers well, but his passing off the ground is slow, and I think he needs to run more and pass just before the line to get some decent attacking raids going. Smith is fantastic at that, running out of dummy half, running at the line, and passing to Cronk just before it, essentially making Cronk a 2nd receiver. If both Macca and the props can both pass at the line, both Wallace and Norman would be almost 2nd receivers too, and that's when they are at their best.

WTF is the go with McC's fitness?

Yeah he does a lot of work....so do other hookers. His spilt ball from dummy half was basically because he was stuffed.

He gets rested every game.....

He's a young man who is supposed to be in peak condition

What's his effin problem ....?????

I wouldn't discount Hodges at FB just because of his age.

We can use it as a short term plan for a title if we want... no value in it apart from that... but as someone has mentioned... our 1/6/7/9 ain't good enough to win a comp unless 1 of them can be 'the' player... it's meant to be Wallace but... ahem.

I wouldn't discount Hodges at FB just because of his age.

We can use it as a short term plan for a title if we want... no value in it apart from that... but as someone has mentioned... our 1/6/7/9 ain't good enough to win a comp unless 1 of them can be 'the' player... it's meant to be Wallace but... ahem.
Wallace isn't our problem though. Just because he's older doesn't mean he has to be a superstar. Norman at 6 offers absolutely nothing to Wallace and Hoffman at the back also offers nothing to Wallace. We need someone creative in the 1 or 6, preferably both.

Still need at least ONE 'superstar' or 'x-factor' player in the 1/6/7/9. History has shown. Look at the top 4 teams now.

I can't even remember a team that hasn't won a GF without a gun player within the 1/6/7/9.

Hoffman, Norman, Wallace, Andrew M.

You can't sit there and tell me one of them are 'marquee' players in the NRL.

It's not the root of our problem... I'm just saying to win a title with that spine is highly unlikely.

In a way the season isn't just about winning the title - but when are we seriously going to actually aim for it? Many have stated here we had our window for one more with Locky, we missed out in 08/09. 2011 was harsh as well.

Question: What is everyone's basing their expectations or hopes of Kahu on?

Kahu was man of the match in the schoolboys cup final at five eigth.

From there he only played 22 games for us over 2 seasons in NYC in which he scored 11 tries, 4 in an absolute cracker of a game against the Raiders.

Of those 22 games he played 11 on the wing, 2 at five eigth and 9 at left centre.

In a lot of ways, he reminded me of Gerard Beale, similar size and skill-set with enough pace to pose a threat without being lethal. It remains to be seen how 22 year old Kahu after 2 knee recons will be.

This could be the wrong 2013 thread but whoop there it is!

Kahu sounds the goods, just hope he isnt another "jack of all trades" player once he makes the grade giving Griffin the "ah okay lets put him here for now, and then here, and then there"..as said

"played 11 on the wing, 2 at five eigth and 9 at left centre."

all well and good BUT what we need is consistancy in our spine with players sticking to positions and growing from there. Hope he makes the team though we need some fresh talent

I don't think Hodges is a viable season long fullback. People are just over-reacting to a few good minutes IMO, plus it would weaken us immeasurably at centre.

I still vote for Norman rather than Hoffman, but wouldn't object to Kahu being given a shot. Either that or we sign someone.

This.

its a bit of a worry looking forward to 2013 as i dont really feel like we're in any better position than we were at the start of this year. plus we're losing players.

maccas game didnt really improve/develop as much as we might have hoped.
norman would get a pass mark if you're being nice, but below par to be honest.
wallace is wallace. he is a constant in what you'll get from him.
hoffman has regressed.
thaiday and parker seemed weak towards the end of the year.. both probably carrying injuries but thaiday didnt provide what a captain should in terms of leadership.
reeds season was worse than last years.
gillett was just bad this year.

hmm :/
Macca had a good season, was relatively consistent this year I thought.

Norman is a big fat fail.

Wallace was decent throughout except for his lapse in form for a few weeks.

Question: What is everyone's basing their expectations or hopes of Kahu on?

I wouldn't say I have overly high expectations of him, but he hasn't had a chance and the alternatives in Hoffman and Norman have both failed to show enough to suggest they can be the type of fullback that forms a premiership winning spine, at least post Locky.

My biggest hope is actually that we sign Carlos Tuimavave, but I really don't think that's the type of thing we'd consider.

Beale has had a couple of knee recos also hasn't he?

I think Hook needs to realize that Lockyer is no longer here and adapt his style accordingly. IMO, every player this year lost form because Locky wasn't there to create the opportunities consistently. Gillett is a good example. He played like an un-guided missile. What a waste.

I think Parker's days in the back row are over. Time for him to go up front which really does reflect the way he now plays. He should replace Petero as the senior prop.

Hunt should leave. He has shown nothing this year to justify his inclusion in the side. As I posted elsewhere, Norman has either an ego to big to be a team player, and/or he is just not very bright. He has talent, but a smart body and a dumb brain make for a total waste of space. Hopefully, the off season will see him change. Miracles can happen.

If Shaun Johnson is on the market, we should snap him up ASAP. Johnson and Wallace I think would make a very good halves combo.

1. Norman
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Copley
6. Wallace
7. Johnson (Oh if only....)
8. Parker
9. Macca
10. Hannant
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Gillett

14. McGuire
15. Dodds
16. Gibb
17. Whitchurch

I know numbers mean nothing but I'll be damned if Wallace doesn't keep the 7 jersey, let him play 5/8 all you want but don't take his number!

At the very least Hunt has to be in the halves, anyone else but Norman. Fb is really up in the air, so many players I'd consider.

I think Hook needs to realize that Lockyer is no longer here and adapt his style accordingly. IMO, every player this year lost form because Locky wasn't there to create the opportunities consistently. Gillett is a good example. He played like an un-guided missile. What a waste.

I think Parker's days in the back row are over. Time for him to go up front which really does reflect the way he now plays. He should replace Petero as the senior prop.

Hunt should leave. He has shown nothing this year to justify his inclusion in the side. As I posted elsewhere, Norman has either an ego to big to be a team player, and/or he is just not very bright. He has talent, but a smart body and a dumb brain make for a total waste of space. Hopefully, the off season will see him change. Miracles can happen.

If Shaun Johnson is on the market, we should snap him up ASAP. Johnson and Wallace I think would make a very good halves combo.

1. Norman
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Copley
6. Wallace
7. Johnson (Oh if only....)
8. Parker
9. Macca
10. Hannant
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Gillett

14. McGuire
15. Dodds
16. Gibb
17. Whitchurch

would be a nice combination imo ... I really think a good halves combo has a 'good cop, bad cop' element to it, ie a steady experienced organiser type and a player who can create havoc on his own. Because inevitably there are times during the course of a game or a season when you need one or the other to win the day ..

that duo fits the bill to a tee

1. Maranta
2. Copley
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Wallace
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Hala
16. Dodds
17. Gibb

Maybe we can swap with the Warriors, Hunt/Norman for Johnson.

Macca had a good season, was relatively consistent this year I thought.

Norman is a big fat fail.

Wallace was decent throughout except for his lapse in form for a few weeks.

A few weeks.....???

Try half the season......

I know numbers mean nothing but I'll be damned if Wallace doesn't keep the 7 jersey, let him play 5/8 all you want but don't take his number!

:loool: .......you're insane.

Christ, Johnson finished the year in reserve grade for goodness sake. He is not the saviour.

Christ, Johnson finished the year in reserve grade for goodness sake. He is not the saviour.

That was mostly due to the incompetence of their coaching staff, and because they think missed tackles are a valid reason to drop a half.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.