Your 2013 team.

Re read it mate, it's no accident. I obviously over reacted but still....

LOL yeah he is obviously a troll of some variety. Hannant is the cornerstone of our forward pack.

Welcome Brad Miers, Hayseed and welcome back choper1981!

Gee Hayseed, didn't take you long to cause a stir. Don't think you're going to find too many Polar Bear detractors around these parts!

choper, if the boys perform as terribly as some here are expecting then he very well could. Let's hope that's not the case.

Gee Hayseed, didn't take you long to cause a stir. Don't think you're going to find too many Polar Bear detractors around these parts!

Well, this IS awkward.

Here I was trying to summon up the courage to start a thread "questioning" (NOT bagging) Ben Hannant's effectiveness ....and somebody has beaten me to the punch. Looking at the usual suspects chiming in with their emotional tirades and put downs of some body else's opinion, it's probably just as well I said nothing.

Hayseed whilst I think you're way over reacting by dropping the big fella altogether.....I have for sometime been questioning how much of a contest he puts up when he runs the ball.

Seems to be tackled quite easily ......a lot of the time

and not exactly a lot of off loads there either.

Watching Matulino the other night makes me pine for a front rower like him.

Looking for a bit more bear power from the polar bear this season. I thought he was one of many who disappointed towards the back half last year.

Last edited:
You wouldn't be you without that sort of opinion Fourex. :P

I'll be honest, the back end of last year is such a blur that I barely remember anybody being good. I sort of remember Hannant playing a James Graham type role against the Dogs and Melbourne before getting injured against Manly but really, those weeks just run together - a lot of swearing and bashing my keyboard hoping it'd change our fortunes.

I understand the idea that he can be considered too soft or gentle. I see that too. I still think technically speaking he's a very good player. Good workload, good foot-work, good leg-drive, has a pass on him etc. He just needs to fire up a bit more and he'd hands down a top 5 prop.

Maybe McGuire should share his boundless enthusiasm?

Well, this IS awkward.

Here I was trying to summon up the courage to start a thread "questioning" (NOT bagging) Ben Hannant's effectiveness ....and somebody has beaten me to the punch. Looking at the usual suspects chiming in with their emotional tirades and put downs of some body else's opinion, it's probably just as well I said nothing.

Hayseed whilst I think you're way over reacting by dropping the big fella altogether.....I have for sometime been questioning how much of a contest he puts up when he runs the ball.

Looking for a bit more bear power from the polar bear this season. I thought he was one of many who disappointed towards the back half last year.

Your obviously directing that comment towards me but how are you any better? If anyone dares suggest Wallace should be one of our starting halves you belittle them constantly? Look at yourself before coming in here like a bloody martyr

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the Polar Bear as well and of course he will b in the starting pack come Round 1 but he has been below his best for at least a year and a half now and I think this season might be ideal to give the likes of Dodds, Hala, Anderson etc a bit more responsibility and try to build for the future. Let's face it, this side r not contenders in any way shape or form, this roster would not b concerning any other team and I forecast a bleak year. The Lockyer/Bennett/Connell hangover will continue for some time and whilst I will be cheering my ass off for them as per usual, it is hard to see where the victories r going to come from. They have a very tough run in the first 8 rounds and we will have a better gauge on where their season is going at that point. Hopefully they r going well. Hannant will be there in Round 1 but probbaly won't b a regular by season's end. That obviously won't make posters like Broncos4life very happy but hopefully by then he will be able to spell the Polar Bear's name correctly at least.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the Polar Bear as well and of course he will b in the starting pack come Round 1 but he has been below his best for at least a year and a half now and I think this season might be ideal to give the likes of Dodds, Hala, Anderson etc a bit more responsibility and try to build for the future. Let's face it, this side r not contenders in any way shape or form, this roster would not b concerning any other team and I forecast a bleak year. The Lockyer/Bennett/Connell hangover will continue for some time and whilst I will be cheering my ass off for them as per usual, it is hard to see where the victories r going to come from. They have a very tough run in the first 8 rounds and we will have a better gauge on where their season is going at that point. Hopefully they r going well. Hannant will be there in Round 1 but probbaly won't b a regular by season's end. That obviously won't make posters like Broncos4life very happy but hopefully by then he will be able to spell the Polar Bear's name correctly at least.

Below his best for a year and a half? Not a regular by seasons end? Can someone help me out here? Have I been watching a different player? Your entitled to your opinion but that doesn't mean people should just say 'yeah well done'.

What are you basing this on? I know the tradition on here is for other posters to say nothing when stuff like this is said but surely I'm not the only one on here that finds this comment outrageous?!?

Well, this IS awkward.

I agree with you 100%, hes a quality forward but I can't remember him making much of an impact for a fair while and I also wish we had a player like Matulino in our side.

I somewhat agree with Hayseed. Although I would not leave Hannant altogether, I would have him on the bench. I feel he played last year as though his position in the team was safe and it probably was.
I would also like to see Dodds improve his game and become the starting prop.
As far as Norman goes I believe if he became a better defender then centre is his position to own. I know a lot of you believe he is not robust enough running the ball but gee he proved early last year he can break through the defensive line with footwork if he does not have the responsibility of being a ball player

What are you basing this on? I know the tradition on here is for other posters to say nothing when stuff like this is said but surely I'm not the only one on here that finds this comment outrageous?!?

:001_rolleyes: ....calm down, it's not a popularity contest. Everybody's allowed to have a different opinion.

You don't need to gather in numbers to support yours......

i think the broncos should watch souths play and try emulate them a little. sutton is not a ball player yet it works for them, why cant it work for norman? sure they have inglis. lets use hodges more effectively, he's so good one out imagine how good we'd go with players working with him more. i think prince can turn our attack around. hoffman well i dont know.. we just need some cohesion in attack. it just looks as though we dont really understand what the guy next to us is doing.

but trials are just that. trials. i'll keep the faith for now.

Last edited:
:001_rolleyes: ....calm down, it's not a popularity contest. Everybody's allowed to have a different opinion.

You don't need to gather in numbers to support yours......

That's not what I'm trying to do, I am actually trying to find out people's opinions cos I just am shocked by this, IMO if you take hannant out the team we are more f***ed than we already are.

I could care less what people think of me on here, I just don't get it.

That's we we'll have to disagree ....although I can see how one would be a little disappointed in Hannant, I just don't see those you're offering up to be any better. In fact Hannant is by far the better option to them.

But it's a position we should be looking at in the future. We need a bit of Starch up front. McGuire got run over the top of by a centre (Hurrell) on Saturday night

Geezus...!!

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • TimWhatley
  • eggstar10
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • jd87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • HarryAllan7
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • GCBRONCO
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.