Your 2013 team.

Here's my team - I am assuming that Norman has actually signed with parra for 2014, and if that is the case enjoy Q cup you little s***

1. Hoffman
2. Maranta
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Kemp
6. Hunt
7. Prince
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Wallace
15. Gillett
16. Hala/Molo/Timu - based on trial form
17. Stagg - Push thaiday up into prop when McQuire/Hannant need a rest

Where is Gillett going to play?

Mate that is a good point. I have actually just realised I forgot Sanderson (I know that sounds stupid but I actually reckon he is in for a big year)

Amended team - that includes the dynamic Sanderson.

1. Hoffman
2. Maranta
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Kemp
6. Hunt
7. Prince
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Wallace
15. Gillett
16. Hala/Molo/Timu - based on trial form
17. Sanderson

Good side. I wouldn't have an issue with Sanderson coming off the bench, overall he's more reliable than either Molo or J. Wallace. I just like what those two bring with the ball and believe down the road they're worth the investment. I don't think the bench role will require too much game time either. Around 20, 30 minutes tops for most games.

I still believe we need an 80 minute hooker, it's ok when you have a bench hooker who can tear teams apart but we dont have that.

We need as much stability and consistency in the 'spine' positions as possible.

Well the coaching staff have said Macca isn't ready for 80 just yet but he will be in about 2 years time. I think we'll see Macca playing 80 minutes by next year unless we end up with Wallace as the bench hooker and he plays really well there.

I'd definitely have Stagg in the side. Just because he isn't an attacking dynamo like the rest of the pack doesn't mean he doesn't add value. Let's not forget how half of the game is defence, and how ordinary a lot of our forwards are at that.

I don't think we need an 80 minute hooker. Our forwards are all capable of big minutes so having 4 forwards on the bench isn't a integral part of our side IMO. What we do need is a scheming hooker option like Baptiste or Granville who provide real run out of dummy half and are pacy.

Just hurry up and bring on Tuesday 5 March 2013 and name the team Hook!

What we do need is a scheming hooker option like Baptiste or Granville who provide real run out of dummy half and are pacy.

Problem is Griffin is just going to persist with Hunt even though hes a halfback for fecks sake, plus he's got one foot out the door this year.

I don't think we need an 80 minute hooker. Our forwards are all capable of big minutes so having 4 forwards on the bench isn't a integral part of our side IMO. What we do need is a scheming hooker option like Baptiste or Granville who provide real run out of dummy half and are pacy.

agreed.

we'll run with a utility, a prop, and stagg + gillett on the bench. if both mcguire and hannant play 60 mins that leaves 40 to be covered by the bench prop, though its likely you'd get about 25-30 out of sanderson + 10-15 with thaiday in "prop".

i'm hoping that stagg in the side means gillett will get out wide again hitting the edges. plus we've got thaiday and glenn capable of that sort of stuff. seriously we should be making so many busts on either edge of the rucks with our backrow stocks. im hoping prince improves that about our game.

Last edited:
Has anyone contemplated that Kahu might start at centre for round 1? If he didn't get injured the last 2 years, he would probably be in front of Reed for that centre spot. I know that is all here say but with Reed coming back from injury and Kahu starting all trials in the centres, I just think it could be a possibility

I'm getting the same feeling Bob, I don't think Reed has a long term future as a center but don't know where he fits outside of that position.

We saw Hannant and McGuire lose their impact playing big minutes. I don't think it is a sustainable option with one or both likely to play Origin.

We saw Hannant and McGuire lose their impact playing big minutes. I don't think it is a sustainable option with one or both likely to play Origin.

Both should see their minutes drop during Origin if Hook is on the ball. Young Wallace looked very good in his limited time. Plus we should have Hala firing on all cylinders by Origin time. Our Prop stocks while light on for a genuinely good 3rd prop are flush with quality young blokes IMO.

Has anyone contemplated that Kahu might start at centre for round 1? If he didn't get injured the last 2 years, he would probably be in front of Reed for that centre spot. I know that is all here say but with Reed coming back from injury and Kahu starting all trials in the centres, I just think it could be a possibility

I'm getting the same feeling Bob, I don't think Reed has a long term future as a center but don't know where he fits outside of that position.

Never been quite sure if Reed would work out long term or not. I thought he was disappointing last year. That said I haven't seen much of Kahu (obviously for the last 2 yrs) but not much before that either. I looking forward to seeing what all the good words are about.

Hoping that he will offer us more than Reed does.....

Never been quite sure if Reed would work out long term or not. I thought he was disappointing last year. That said I haven't seen much of Kahu (obviously for the last 2 yrs) but not much before that either. I looking forward to seeing what all the good words are about.

Hoping that he will offer us more than Reed does.....

Reed is a rock in defence. No one gets around him.

In attack, he has that Gene Miles ability of getting his upper body free for a pass. Notwithstanding the general shitness of attack in 2012, the right side with Hodges and Thaiday is the Broncos "go-to" side when we have a genuine scoring opportunity (or it could be my season ticket seats are on the right edge?).

He well over-achieved in 2011 and failed to go up a gear for 2012 - maybe he doesn't have much more to give, maybe it was the shitness in attack generally.

He's still a good centre, incumbent for England, as good as a Dane Nielsen, Will Chambers, Willie Tonga level centre - probably better than a 2nd rower playing centre, like Beau Scott.

In the CM today, griffin saying that Norman and Wallace are in front of Prince at the moment and Kemp is a real chance of getting a wing spot and is only not playing today because he has already played 2 trials.

Also in another article I read, griffin said not to worry to much about the team for round 1 as there is 26 rounds. To me that means he is already planning on changing our halves regularly. Which I think is not a good idea, unless they are underperforming.

Unread

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • tajhay
  • RodF
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • mitch222
  • Sproj
  • lynx000
  • MrMoore
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.