Your 2013 team.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
His facebook is public if you want to have a look, looks like he'd rather drink than crack the starting side lol.

FWIW I prefer to not follow players on social media, I kind of like just knowing them from the performances they put in on TV and in the media.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
IMO, I think the Hodges experiment is just too risky. The only benefit is he can run the second man play well (but so can Norman, notwithstanding his many other failings).

Hodges is too injury prone, too slow for fullback and he's simply not got the physicality of Inglis to make a similar transition. Love/hate, his dummy half runs are pretty handy to our game

Without him in the centres, we've got no X factor in the backline. Reed, Maranta, Copley and Hoffman/Kemp is a pretty average three quarter line.

My 1, 6, 7, 14, 16, 17?

1. Hoffman
6. Wallace
7. Prince
14. Stagg
15. Gillett
16. Hala/Timu (love to see the kid get a crack)
17. Anderson

What I think Hook will run with:

1. Norman (Hoff QCup)
6. Wallace
7. Prince

14. Hunt
15. Gillett
16. Hala/Lui
17. Anderson/Dodds

I agree with nearly all of that especially the hodges thing. Any slight benefit we can get from him at fullback will be over after a few rounds when he inevitable injures himself and then we are completely f***ed.

Tbh I really can't see hook putting Hoffman in qcup cos he knows he will be there got about 2 and a half minutes before another team swoops in. Whatevr people may think of him or his perceived failings as a fullback he is far too good to waste in qcup and every coach would know that. IMO if they opt for Norman at fullback Hoffman will be wing or centre.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
I don't get the Hoff love, he isn't too good at all. Close to the worst fb in the comp.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I don't hate Hoff, I just don't think he should be automatic selection if others are playing better. I thought Maranta was the better player last year but he got dropped for an out of form Hoffman to the detriment of the team. Hoffman has the talent, I hope he gets back to his best this year.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Yeah, in hindsight it seemed like a bad decision but I don't blame Hook.

Hoffman put in a great performance for the Dolphins to earn his spot back. Maranta showed plenty of character and I think he surprised everyone with how well he handled first grade but there were still plenty of areas in his game that he needed to address. People tend to forget he was usually making a coach killing mistake each game as well (eg. incorrect play the ball vs. Canberra, running sideways on his own in-goal vs. Cowboys etc.)

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
1. Norman
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Wallace
7. Prince
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Gillett
16. Stagg
17. Hala

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
id like to see this

1 hoff
2 maranta
3 reed
4 hodges
5 kahu
6 norman
7 prince

14 wallace

the rest of the spots are auto selections bar maybe 17 being hala/dodds/anderson - whoever as long as they dont nuff it up

i think theres potential to do things a little differently this year at hte broncos. mix it up a bit. hoffman at the back for defense and norman switching into that role at times from the back to chime in where it suits. prince can play the dominant half role and i hope they dont try confine either of the two to one side of the field. basically it gives you a bunch of guys with good skills whne you include kahu in that mix.

Last edited:
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Apparently Dodds was really good last night. It is time he took it up a notch. He is a great defender but needs to make metres on his hit ups

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
If Dodds plays he has to start in my opinion. He is just not a bench player

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
1. Norman
2. Maranta
3. Reed/Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. Kemp
6. Prince
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Gillette
16. Hala
17. Stagg/Reed

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
1. Norman
2. Maranta
3. Reed/Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. Kemp
6. Prince
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Gillette
16. Hala
17. Stagg/Reed

Pretty close to the money.

How do you feel about 1 prop on the bench (an "impact" prop at best, returning from injury) when most clubs go with two? Are you assuming McGuire and Hannant can cover 60 minutes each, Hala 20 and then a backrow rotation to cover the remainder?

Also, why do you think Kemp and Maranta are both worthy of wing spots over Hoffman?

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
id like to see this

1 hoff
2 maranta
3 reed
4 hodges
5 kahu
6 norman
7 prince

14 wallace

the rest of the spots are auto selections bar maybe 17 being hala/dodds/anderson - whoever as long as they dont nuff it up

i think theres potential to do things a little differently this year at hte broncos. mix it up a bit. hoffman at the back for defense and norman switching into that role at times from the back to chime in where it suits. prince can play the dominant half role and i hope they dont try confine either of the two to one side of the field. basically it gives you a bunch of guys with good skills whne you include kahu in that mix.

I like the enterprise. The Broncos looked like the same team as 2012 in the highlights of Saturday's trial. The definition of insanity is.....

I think Norman and Hoffman need a simpler game plan and it takes a pretty confident and communicative pairing to do what you suggest.

I think Norman needs to go and watch Karmichael Hunt videos for the next 4 weeks and learn to play that third receiver role. Hoffman to the wing, Kemp to QCup to prove himself and get match fitness. There'll be State of Origin and plenty of injuries yet this season.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.