Your Favourite Darren Lockyer Moment

many thanks. Alfie looked to be in pretty good touch that day as well, but definitely remember it as being a great locky day. Day time finals footy in Brisbane looked awesome as well. Anyone recall if Locky was MOM that day?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great tackle but I thought Phillips' try saver on Sailor was the best one. He was isolated and it was pretty much one on one stuff whilst Lockyer did have support around him that helped force the ball from Hegarty.

Each to their own.

Phillips tackle was good but he had the angle, coverage and did receive some help from Hegarty to limit Sailor's trajectory.

Meanwhile Hegarty was over the line and had all the momentum when Locky made the only try-saver possible.

Have to agree about the Locky sliding take. Brilliant. Still think the bloke is the best fullback in the modern era, and probably of all time.

11:28

[video=youtube_share;j1-AGgt0_aQ]http://youtu.be/j1-AGgt0_aQ?t=11m28s[/video]

What the **** is it with us and Ben Cummins? The guy loves to **** us over

3:36

5:41. It's overtime. We're in the Titans half, all squared up. Locky receives the ball on the fifth, dummies a field goal then runs the ball down the centre, completely catching the Tits defence off guard and putting Eastwood over for the game winning try. It is the single greatest bit of football I have ever seen from any player.

^^ This is what I was talking about btw. Just brilliant.

Last edited:

Not his debut match in first grade, but you could tell then he was going to be pure class.

I have an obscure Darren Lockyer memory. It's so obscure I can't even remember the year or round.

But it was at Parramatta stadium after the Origin period when we were going through one of our slumps. It was in the 2nd half and Lockyer was recieving attention from a trainer for an injury. Jarryd Hayne made a break and heading for the try line. Lockyer then pushed the trainer out of the way, chased after Hayne and dragged him down before the tryline with one hand grabbing onto his jersey. Probably one of the gutsiest things I have ever seen on a football and showed why he so great. It's also why I laugh when people would say Johns or Thurston are greater competitors than Lockyer because they carry on and swear and scream and whatnot.

It was also obscure because Steve Michaels scored a try in the first half because he ran a hard, straight line rather than running out of touch for a change. :takdir:

I think we ended up losing like 21-20 or something but will try and find out the match when I get home this afternoon.

Round 16, 2009.

Ended up losing 21-14.

Dammit... every time I watch this, I have to change pants.

Gus agrees... around the 15 minute mark:

The Football God but not an Immortal. There are some things that Andrew Johns couldn't do that Lockyer did with what looked like ease.

This one.

nrma-broncos-ads.jpg

Can't find the vid unfortunately.

Gus agrees... around the 15 minute mark:

Can go past this one. I still remember running through my living room along with Kemp when he got that ball haha and my gf watching carry on telling me to calm down and not to break anything haha.

There are multiple games I could think of, but I think what I really miss about Locky is just that sense of poise and composure. You knew whenever he was on the field that we were a chance of winning, or if we were behind you had that reserved confidence that he'd just do what he did and manufacture something outta nowhere.

We haven't had a player like that since, not even of his ability, just a player that you could rely on to win a game hands down or pull it out of the fire.

Active Now

• Broncos Maestro
  • Redux
  • Porthoz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.