Your NSW Team

Oh man, please pick hopoate. He is so fucking useless its hilarious

On the topic of Wolfman I don't honestly believe his selection was that bad at the time. He had a fantastic debut year which saw him win a premiership and play for Australia and he looked like someone to watch. He just had shockers in the 2 games he played.

It's a relief to me that NSW have got some depth in positions these days unlike the past. B-Morris is out for 2 to 3 months and there is Mansour, Hopoate, Richards, Matatuia in the wings. Hope they pick Mansour.
I'm starting to get a bit concerned over who will be available for both teams this year Broncoman. I can't recall an injury list this long for sometime. I agree with Mansour getting another go.

I'm starting to get a bit concerned over who will be available for both teams this year Broncoman. I can't recall an injury list this long for sometime. I agree with Mansour getting another go.

Mansour hasn't played origin yet

I don't think Richards should really come into contention. Sure, he has some strengths as far as kicking skills are concerned but the Blues would really have to be struggling for depth if he gets a look in.

RE: Origin II 2009 - Wolfman is a really good example of rep selectors rewarding the premiers by selecting players who really aren't well rounded enough to compete in the higher levels. Dave wasn't utterly hopeless but it was clear he had errors in him and defensively could be exposed. This was apparent in the World Cup final and when he returned part-way through 2009, his form really wasn't deserving of Origin selection.

However, the Blues side was going through an overhaul and really it was slim pickings as far as backs went. At the time, I remember Brett Morris was the ideal pick for the wing but when he got his shot in 2010 he was absolutely dreadful and I don't think he won fans over until the 2012 series, particularly the decider where he made the big break and scored the first try by getting through a soft Thaiday & Smith tackle.

As far as bad selections are concerned, it doesn't even rate with dropping Campese for Barrett when they made a point of building combinations or going with Josh Morris on the bench as a late replacement for Craig Wing.

But yeah, Blues fans should really study this series because I honestly think it set them back so long and definitely extended the Maroons run. So much short-sighted selections that ultimately backfired and really highlighted the importance of Origin coaches accepting the role on a full-time basis. Not compromising like Bellamy had to.

And that's how the team usually read. Just a bunch of compromises where every selector had one of their interests met (Bellamy gets White in the team, Bozo gets a dud Manly player in there, Daley selects a bunch of nothing country players etc)

It's a far cry where they are now where they at least have some semblance of unity and cohesion, although it will be interesting to see how they cope with life post-Hayne.

:laugh:

Don't you love the menatlity of the Blues.

They finally have a team that can beat QLD and now they want to fix it. I'm honestly surprised that so many of you think Laurie will change the spine so quickly. I think barring injury the team that did the job last year will get first crack.

I hope for their sakes they select Richards.
Yes there are many better wingers. matautai, johnson, mansour etc however he has a match winning ability which is what the blues have been lacking all this time.

Who is Koroibete eligible for? I hope it's QLD...

I would genuinely fear Adam Reynolds. Hope the Blues don't pick him. The guy is second only to JT in the half back department and the best goal kicker I have ever seen.

Cronk is better than Reynolds, so is Cherry-Evans, Hunt probably is as well.

I would genuinely fear Adam Reynolds. Hope the Blues don't pick him. The guy is second only to JT in the half back department and the best goal kicker I have ever seen.

He's not even close to second best though. He's just been fortunate enough to have a good team around him who give him plenty of room and time to kick. Something Hunt doesn't get a lot of. He can kick a good goal though, that's for sure!

Last edited:
Adam Reynolds is all banged up and won't be match fit come Origin time.

The NSW halves will be between the Bulldogs and the Roosters halves pairing I'm pretty sure of it. The other contenders would have to show some superb form to get a look in.

Is Reynolds even the best goalkicker in the game right now? I'd argue Sezer is better.

Active Now

• kman
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • The Don
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • Alec
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.