Your NSW Team

I find it really odd that Lewis didn't get a spot. He is awesome for the blues in Origin.

Cheers Loz.

Flanno mentioned something in an interview after the game the other night that he's still having a few issues from his cancer scare a year or so ago. Perhaps that has something to do with it....

QLD victory is not that much of a sure thing. NSW forwards are still really strong even without their veterans. If they get a roll on and Pearce isn't completely terrible they have a very good chance.

I would not be surprised in the least if Pearce has a good game/series tbh. I think he and Hodkinson will work well together, however I don't see much creativity in their side.

There isn't much creativity there.

I would have gone with Stewart at fullback. Moylan if his hand wasn't busted up.

That would have at least given them a bit more creativity in their spine.

Last edited:
@Broncoman i would love to know why JMorris is an automatic selection. He was absolutely useless all year for the dogs in 2014 and hasnt done a great deal in 2015. Sure, he played decent in 1 of the games last year, but there are better options out there.

As a qlder i would make rather our guys face Morris than say Walker, or Dugan (with moylan at the back).

That 1 - 5 for NSW is nowhere near full strength.

Moylan
Tupou
Dugan
Jennings
Johnston

Much scarier thought.

Ever since J-Morris has been a regular in Origin Greg Inglis's impact hasn't been as great as it was in his earlier years. I remember being very concerned that Morris would be a turnstyle before the 2012 series but Morris stood tall against him and limited his impact quite well from memory. I can never remember J-Morris playing a bad game for NSW since his return to 2012 (I can't remember how he went in his debut of the bench in 2009)

Some may have a different opinion but if I was a NSW selector Morris would be an automatic

Josh is the less talented of the twins, but I agree, would be one of the first picked if it were up to me. Has a massive amount of heart and always goes strongly. Unfortunately.

There's a difference between being an automatic pick and a default selection.

Automatic implies that he has to be in the team and that the side is picked around him.

Greg Inglis is an automatic pick and you pick him no questions asked.

Josh Morris is a default pick. Somebody who keeps his spot because the alternatives are not doing enough to push him out.

He's basically the Darius Boyd of the NSW side and that's being kind to Morris.

I've never rated Jorris very highly. Very one dimensional.

Yeah I wouldn't get carried away just yet. You guys did lose to Hodkinson and Reynolds halves combo after all.

Because of Jarryd Hayne.

If NSW didn't have him, they don't win the series.

This should be an easy series for Queensland as long as we don't get any major injuries honestly.

NSW have lost / left out a lot of experienced and origin style of players, they're majorly lacking big game players.

Hayne
B.Morris
Bird
Gallen
Lewis
Watmough

He wasn't the only Hayne that helped them win.

1432138328.jpg

Most of those aren't even cheats. 3 of the mythical headbutt? Obstruction?

But I guess it has a funny face, so it must be true.

I've got little time for poor sportsmanship either way and certainly think the better side happened to win the first two games but that picture confuses me.

What are Blues fans whinging about with Tate's half-hearted punch on Bird? Are they going to conveniently ignore the big swinging cheap shot by Grant or the fact that Gallen threw the first punch before slipping on his ass? Punches weren't automatic sin-bins until the referees decided Gal was allowed to hold up play, get a few on Myles and avoid the sin-bin which contrary to popular belief was never acceptable.

I mean Wally got binned for throwing a football in 82, if anything it used to take more to get binned than it did back then.

Myles' leading with the head is a shade of knee crowding and that's nearly half your material.

Can't remember anything about the spear tackle, need more context.

GI try was perfectly fine. Moral of the story, don't lash out with the boot on your try line.

Hodges try was technically fine too and efforts to amend the rule to outlaw it only lasted five rounds before the Sydney press cottoned on that rigid interpretations are terrible and far too exploitable.

Are they going to conveniently ignore the big swinging cheap shot by Grant or the fact that Gallen threw the first punch before slipping on his ass?

That is exactly what they have done the last few years. What about the forearm in nearly every single tackle made in the last 8 years? They like to think their players act that way because they're reacting to what those evil Queenslanders have done a few times but their team is just filled with dirty players.

I have to laugh everytime that Tate "punch" picture comes out. In reality, tate went to punch him, decided against it (coz hes not a massive ****) and ended up just pushing his fist against him.

I have to laugh everytime that Tate "punch" picture comes out. In reality, tate went to punch him, decided against it (coz hes not a massive ****) and ended up just pushing his fist against him.

It was the greatest smoosh of all time. Love that punch so much.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • Tim K
  • Lurker
  • HarryAllan7
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Strop
  • Bish
  • Griffo
  • MrMoore
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manifesto
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.